DIET BOOK ERADICATION DAY

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
t-rock
Master Member

DIET BOOK ERADICATION DAY

Post by t-rock »

This is pretty cool day.  Yesterday was scale liberation day, today is diet book eradication day.  Since I am deeming this weekend "weekend of Tiss", I need to find something to recognize tomorrow.    I have located on different book shelves throughout the house at least 20 "weight management program" books  (and a few of those calorie and food count books which I am going to keep to gather dust on the shelf), multiple books about relationships with food, and a few cookbooks (Atkins and South Beach).  They are all leaving my life today.  Packed up in a box, off to good will (although is it really good will to allow those books to be in circulation-somewhat conflicted about this-and then again I think it's a crime to throw books in the garbage).   I have them all:  Eat to Win, Make the Connection, Atkins, couple of copies of South Beach, Zone, The Abs Diet, The Six Week Body Makeover (which was expensive),  South Beach Super Charged, Sugar Busters, Sugar Busters updated,  Fat Flush, Master Cleanse, Sonoma Diet, a couple more copies of Atkins, etc, etc, and my personal favorite, which I think I bought between boyfriends like 10 years ago.......wait for it..........:  THE LOVE POWERED DIET. (seriously, and I can't even tell you what it is founded on).

Anyway, like I said, today is "DIET BOOK ERADICATION DAY".  Feels great and reinforces my commitment to living LDL.  LDL IS THE ONLY BOOK STAYING. 

A little concerned about my new addiction:  this site and all of you guys !

Take care.

Tiss
Last edited by Anonymous on June 19th, 2009, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: 20 different books

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

hahaah Tiss...you should have wrote inside each book. something like...this is a good book if you never want to loose weight and keep it off!  i am done with this book because i have found a better way to eat...let's do lunch!
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Lizzy ! That is a great idea and I might just do it before they get picked up by good will!!!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

THE LOVE POWERED DIET.
Hmmm.....how did I miss that one? :tongue:  Good work Tiss.  You have inspired me.
Indeed, why have I not rid my own home of those *other* diet books. reminding myself of the evil *others* from the show Lost (which I gave up following some time ago)  Guess I think I might find more LDL compliant meals in them......or maybe meals that can be tweaked to be LDL friendly.  Sheesh, I haven't even made all the recipes here yet!
I see a purging a comin'.  Let's see, what does Flylady say about clutter.....
mrsj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

What a great idea!  :thumbsup:
Not only do I have a ton of diet books... I also have almost every diet created and published in Woman's Day and First and any other Fa ca ca womens' magazine out there. How liberating to get rid of all that nonsense and be FREE! 

Julie :rose:
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Re: DIET BOOK ERADICATION DAY

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

you know what's funny...i always throw away mags i'm done reading...well recylce...lol  but anyways...i can't get rid of the First with LDL in it.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5577.0

Hey T-Rock and crew...

You might want to check out some of the suggestions on the above link.  The official thread's called 1001 Uses For A Worthless Diet Book.  You're right; it's a fun topic!

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great Day!!!  My plan is to puruse the recipe sections of all (this will take awhile- a trip down memory lane) my worthless diet books for LDL compatible recipes, then to send them all to the thrift shop.  I like the idea of promoting LDL in each book, but that would give me writer's cramp.  This will be my exercise for the day, hauling out all those books and memories of shattered dreams.  Horray!!!  Pam
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

oooh, my husband would be so excited for me to get rid of some of this books that are sitting here collecting dust! I think I will get moving on that soon, and while I am at it, I think I will get rid of all the books sitting here collecting dust that we will never read again! Thanks for the Idea Tiss!!

Have A Happy Day Everyone!!

Tina K.