Questions from a Newbie

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
wjhperson

Questions from a Newbie

Post by wjhperson »

I tried "Let's Do Lunch" a while back and did quite well, but then my mom got sick and I got off track while staying with her in the hospital for quite a while.  Now, I want to do it again because I was having great success.  Here are some questions that I have.

I am good with breakfast and a "Let's Do Lunch" lunch.  However, at dinner time, I am usually still with my mom (she is in a nursing home, and I stay with her at night until she goes to sleep) until pretty late at night.  This means that I am having my dinner - usually a fruit smoothie or just a mixed fruit salad or frozen grapes - about midnight.  Is this going to hurt my progress?

In the book, it has several nights of "Let's Do Lunch" at dinner in the 14-day plan.  Is it okay to do proteins at lunch every day or is the variety needed?

Next, I like leftovers, so I usually have the same menu for a couple of days running.  Is this okay or is variety needed for success?

I'll appreciate any suggestions!
julie409
Master Member

Re: Questions from a Newbie

Post by julie409 »

HI wjhperson,

I am so sorry to hear that you mom is unwell. I hope she is doing better. I KNOW how stressful and difficult it can be when someone so close needs us.
You are a really kind and loving person to be spending so much time with her. It is an important part of life.

I am glad you are back with LDL. I think it is even more important to stick with this when you are under stress bc the plan provides the vitamins and energy you need to keep going and remain healthy.

Eating your main meal at lunch time is the preferred option. You can switch the main meal to dinner when you need to do so but you should strive to have your protein at lunch. Can you bring some fruit with you to the nursing home?  Can your mom eat it? Then she can actually join you and pump up her vitamin intake as well. Also some fresh veggies pack very well. You could take some carrot sticks and hummus to dip them in to eat there.

If that won't work, could you eat something on the way there and have a smoothie when you get home if you are still hungry. Don't worry so much. You have a lot going on.   Just make the best food choices you can and know that even if you have to make adjustments right now, you are probably still light years away from the way you were eating before.

Having the same meals for a few days is fine and probably unavoidable since we are cooking fresh food - so there are bound to be leftovers.

Come here when you can to get a dose of love and support  *hug* *hug* *hug*  Do your best and don't sweat it.
Sending prayers your way!

Julie :rose: