Have I Left Anything Out of the New Red Book that should be in there?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
margo
Master Member

Re: Have I Left Anything Out of the New Red Book that should be in there?

Post by margo »

Please be don't forget to put the LDL ice cream recipe in the book.. !!

margo
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Faked Potato Salad should be in there too!!!!
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

The smoothie recipes should also include that they can be made with unsweet ice tea instead of juice and that you can add greens to the fruit and it will still taste good.

RB Kayaking
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

RB Kayaking wrote:The smoothie recipes should also include that they can be made with unsweet ice tea instead of juice..

ANOTHER good idea.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
mahalia

Post by mahalia »

Hi I'm new haven't received the book yet.

Q- I found in the health store  corn flour and gazbanzo bean flour with no sugar or fat added.  Just 100% stoen ground corn.  Can this be used instead of popping the corn nd then processing?

The brand is by Bob's RedMill. I also found the cornthins in Mrs. Greens In Connecticut and NY STORES. :)
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

mahalia wrote:Q- I found in the health store  corn flour and gazbanzo bean flour with no sugar or fat added.  Just 100% stoen ground corn.  Can this be used instead of popping the corn nd then processing?

the garbanzo bean flour is fine to use for a filler in meatballs or to coat chicken to oven fry it.............but, it shouldn't be used excessively because it's more processed than eating beans and therefore not as good.....
the corn flour is definitely a no go......it's too processed and when people used it on these board before my time(at least 4 years ago)they found that they stopped losing weight...
as far as popcorn flour goes, there really is no shortcut to cut which, honestly, i'm glad about because people would use that more than they do if it were easier to make.....
anything that is processed and not as it is in nature is not as good or not as ideal as the food in nature....dried fruit, juices........not the same as eating the whole fruit...........even too many smoothies could affect your weight loss...eating the whole fruit takes your body THAT MUCH LONGER to digest and therefore your blood sugars remain controlled and YOU remain craving free......................
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
mahalia

Post by mahalia »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:If there is something you can think of that should have been in the new Red Book, please post it here. We will then consider putting it in the next printing.

God bless,

RT
mahalia

Post by mahalia »

niki wrote:
mahalia wrote:Q- I found in the health store  corn flour and gazbanzo bean flour with no sugar or fat added.  Just 100% stoen ground corn.  Can this be used instead of popping the corn nd then processing?

the garbanzo bean flour is fine to use for a filler in meatballs or to coat chicken to oven fry it.............but, it shouldn't be used excessively because it's more processed than eating beans and therefore not as good.....
the corn flour is definitely a no go......it's too processed and when people used it on these board before my time(at least 4 years ago)they found that they stopped losing weight...
as far as popcorn flour goes, there really is no shortcut to cut which, honestly, i'm glad about because people would use that more than they do if it were easier to make.....
anything that is processed and not as it is in nature is not as good or not as ideal as the food in nature....dried fruit, juices........not the same as eating the whole fruit...........even too many smoothies could affect your weight loss...eating the whole fruit takes your body THAT MUCH LONGER to digest and therefore your blood sugars remain controlled and YOU remain craving free......................
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

How about a laminated list of all the fruits, veggies, meats and other things that we can eat and fill our pantries with?

RB Kayaking
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

mewsical wrote:Dear Roger Troy,
. . . I consider you the "new Moses" with the dietary standards for this culture and these times. . . .Thank you so very much from the bottom on my heart.
. . . I felt an index would be beneficial.   . . .Again, my sincere appreciation in your service to Our Lord.

Hi New Moses!  LOL  Echoing everything that has been said about this topic.  Especially the index.  Even if you had one just for the recipes it would help find the ones that are interspersed through the test. My memory is about one minute long and trying to find where I read something especially pertinent to a topic is sometimes trying.

loveyoumadly...

GG

P.S.  Love your name, "mewsical" Martha!  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!
Last edited by Gwennaford on June 25th, 2009, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage