Have I Left Anything Out of the New Red Book that should be in there?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Have I Left Anything Out of the New Red Book that should be in there?

Post by patsyfay »

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the confusion so many Newbies had over the use of Campbell's Soup, honey, potatoes, etc.  An asterik and a note might clarify things for them.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi....my husband keeps telling me that he read in the book that he can have Bushes Deluxe Vegetarian baked beans.  I have told him I think that is wrong and I think I saw someone clarify it on the boards.  Could it be clarified in the book ?  It's causing some healthy and fun banter in our house.
aaa

Post by aaa »

PLEASE CLARIFY ABOUT CAMPBELL'S SOUP , HONEY AND POTATO.  ALSO WILL SALT STALL WEIGHT LOSS?  SO MANY OF THE RECIPES CALL FOR SALT AND SEASONING WITH SALT.tHANKS! ANNAMARIA
aaa

Post by aaa »

ALSO HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT HIGH GLYCEMIC FRUITS PER SAVANNAH'S POST. WILL EATING A LOT OF WATERMELON STALL WEIGHT LOSS BECAUSE IT IS HIGH GLYCEMIC?  ALSO WILL THIS CAUSE FAT RETENTION? THANKS! ANNAMARIA
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

aaaguillard wrote: WILL EATING A LOT OF WATERMELON STALL WEIGHT LOSS BECAUSE IT IS HIGH GLYCEMIC? 

since i am NOW a certified watermelon addict, i can with a clear conscience tell you that it might be a little high on the glyemic index but is low in the glycemic load....if you want to know the difference, go online and you'll get loads of info...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
aaa

Post by aaa »

bUT WILL EATING WATERMELON STALL WEIGHT LOSS AND CAUSE FAT RETENTION? PLEASE ADVISE AND I WILL CHECK OUT YOUR SUGGESTION  REGARDING LOAD ON THE INTERNET. THANKS! ANNAMARIA
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

There is no mention of eating potatoes, and no potato recipe, in the new red book.
That's true.  Roger, I think the confusion came because of Bud's Black Bean Baked Potatoes, page 91, included with the recipe cards.  I was surprised to see that one and figured it might have been considered an occasional food early on in the program.  So, does that need to be excluded from the recipe cards in the future?
mrsj
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi RT...

i know this was sort of a sore point for us, but maybe you might want to put some language in there about the fact that for some LDLers brown/black rice may not be recommended because it may stall weight loss.  When i was still LDL compliant but eating black rice every day i did not lose an ounce, but i did not gain either -- just held exactly steady.

congratulations on your vitamix!
margo
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

I ate some of the vegetarian baked beans yesterday and I had no cravings.  I thought perhaps I'd want to go back and eat more but I didn't.  It's not something I plan on eating on a regular basis though cause I'm enjoying preparing my own beans.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

i can't staaaaaand the suspense about the vitamix!!!  Did you search all the closets...under the couches, in the safe?  

i'm glad about the rice language in the new book....i'm losing again but i'm not touching the rice.....i don't even have a craving for it even though i know there are bags of it in the pantry. When i get to a point where i don't mind holding steady....(another 70 pounds from now)....then i can have it.  The General doesn't miss it either.  

God bless and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

margo
Last edited by margo on June 21st, 2009, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I have a question about two other recipe cards:  Bill's Bean Cakes with Salsa and Dustman's Turkey & Rice Soup.  The first has a 1/4 cornmeal and the other has 1 large potatoe, two ingredients that I thought were off our list.  I like that our list of can't haves is way shorter than the list of cans.  I like positive better than negatives.

RB Kayaking
mewsical

Post by mewsical »

Dear Roger Troy,
I am a newbie (2 weeks old) and I have just read your new red book two days ago.  It is fantastic.  I consider you the "new Moses" with the dietary standards for this culture and these times.  I consider all the wonderful people on the LDL message boards my "mothers, brothers, and sisters".  I have discovered my Christian family here!  Thank you so very much from the bottom on my heart.

All of my questions about LDL were answered in your new red book.  However, I felt an index would be beneficial.  Perhaps only newbies would be interested in this - but I found myself remembering that I read something about "xyz" and then trying to find it in the book.  Just a thought. 

Again, my sincere appreciation in your service to Our Lord.

Martha Wahlberg
mewsical
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

RB Kayaking wrote:I have a question about two other recipe cards:  Bill's Bean Cakes with Salsa and Dustman's Turkey & Rice Soup.  The first has a 1/4 cornmeal and the other has 1 large potatoe, two ingredients that I thought were off our list. 

DEFINITELY don't do anything with potatoes unless you're making a mr potato head...........use rice for an occasional treat...or even dreamfield's pasta........... 
for the cornmeal, i would substitute chickpea flour.....
i posted a recipe for chicken soup and i add big pieces of carrots and celery and white beans.....i made pasta out of chickpea flour(big bob's red mill sells it)but, i prefer to occasionally have it with dreamfield's or japonica black rice........
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..