Laughing Cow Cheese

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
bevchalk

Laughing Cow Cheese

Post by bevchalk »

Can we eat Laughing Cow Cheese while on LDL?
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Laughing Cow Cheese

Post by patsyfay »

I was at the store this morning and picked up a container of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese.  I looked at the ingredients list, remined myself of the fat content and put it back down.  My problem with a product like this is:  I can't eat just one.  I have to eat half the package...so I leave it at the store.  Roger reminds us that fat free cheese is the best choice, and then only occasionally.  He likes to melt slices on corn thins that have been topped with fat free cheese and fresh tomato slices.  Better do what I did, and leave them at the store.  :)

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

patsyfay wrote:I was at the store this morning and picked up a container of Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese.  I looked at the ingredients list, remined myself of the fat content and put it back down.  My problem with a product like this is:  I can't eat just one.  I have to eat half the package...so I leave it at the store.  Roger reminds us that fat free cheese is the best choice, and then only occasionally.  He likes to melt slices on corn thins that have been topped with fat free cheese and fresh tomato slices.  Better do what I did, and leave them at the store.  :)

Pat

Doubly odd, Pat...

I did the same thing today, same brand, same flavor, same reasoning (sane reasoning  ;D.)  Then I went in search of fat free cheese for Pizza Soup...

GEM

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
junsam

Post by junsam »

I picked up some Light Original Swiss Laughing Cow and it has 35 cal, 2 gr fat and 1 gr sugar (from skim milk).  I didn't think this was so bad.  I put one slice on two Wasa Light crackers and it was great.  Had them with two big bowls of bean soup for dinner.  Is this something that may sabotage me and cause cravings?  There is hardly any fat in the foods that I eat during the day, so didn't feel that this would hurt.  I know dairy is to be limited.

Thanks,

Dorothy
Last edited by junsam on June 25th, 2009, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Dorothy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter