Let's talk skin

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
greenheron

Re: Let's talk skin

Post by greenheron »

Massageangel,

I think I was suffering from your typing problem a few months ago.  I'd type the box full, and when I tried to type more, it would pop the visible part of the window up, so that my typing was out of sight.  I could still type, but not see what I was doing (and I do tend to backspace a lot..I get sloppy typing too fast.)  I could use the scroll bar to read what I'd typed, but I couldn't see my line as I typed....it, too, was driving me crazy!  I think if it had continued, I might not BE here on LDL!  :wrong: 

Luckily, the problem cleared itself up...I can type for days now. 

I just went to the home page for Simple Machines..the developer of the Forum software.  THEIR forum reports that it's an Internet Explorer 8 issue...IE8 is the newest version with all the great "recovery" features for when you close tabs or accidentally get shut down....

Anyway, if you've got IE8, look up at the top by the URL line...do you see a "broken sheet of paper" icon?  Click it...it will change the "page display compatibility" of the page you're on, and should correct the problem.  I have to do that sometimes on pages where the lines of text are hidden behind pictures or it's just obviously not displaying right.

It's no wonder web developers have trauma with all the browsers people use!  Making a website work for everyone is a real challenge.
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

Greenheron,

Thanks.  I just loaded Internet Explorer 8 the other day.  What would happen is I'd type a line but it would go back to the previous paragraph and not let me type anymore.  Next time I'll hit the little broken piece of paper that I see on the top bar.
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

massageangel wrote:Greenheron,

Thanks.  I just loaded Internet Explorer 8 the other day.  What would happen is I'd type a line but it would go back to the previous paragraph and not let me type anymore.  Next time I'll hit the little broken piece of paper that I see on the top bar.

I'll betcha it WOULD let you type more, you just didn't see it, since it was out of sight.  Good luck!  It sure was frustrating!
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

Answer to clarifying shampoo.  I just talked to my co-worker who has done hair for over 20 years.  He said a clarifying shampoo is not something you would want to use every time you wash your hair cause it would dry the hair out real fast.  Here is what he recommens:  Once a week while showering take a little bit of baking soda, put it in your hand and put some shampoo on it and then shampoo your hair. 

That's pretty easy.  He says you can turn any shampoo into a clarifying shampoo that way.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

massageangel wrote:Answer to clarifying shampoo........Once a week while showering take a little bit of baking soda, put it in your hand and put some shampoo on it and then shampoo your hair. 
That's pretty easy.  He says you can turn any shampoo into a clarifying shampoo that way.

i've been getting a lot of tips here....and, the next time i go to the health supermarket, i'm going to look for a brush to stimulate my lymphatic system......i forgot what it's called..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

I read an article recently on the "eschew the 'poo" movement...women who have stopped using shampoo altogether, because it either dries out or builds up and changes their natural scalp condition.

Most of them are just using baking soda, and some a vinegar rinse (seems like they'd cancel each other out...)  It takes a couple weeks for your scalp to adjust to its own natural oil production level, but many people are very happy with their hair without shampooing.

I haven't tried it myself...I just found the idea intriguing.  Shampoo itself hasn't been on the market that long.  Just Google "no shampoo" and you'll find plenty of advice.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

greenheron wrote:I haven't tried it myself...I just found the idea intriguing.  Shampoo itself hasn't been on the market that long.  Just Google "no shampoo" and you'll find plenty of advice.

but, before they had shampoo, i thought they just used soap to wash their hair...........to tell you the truth, i never really thought much about it.......i have dry hair so i wash it as little as possible...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

I had oily hair when I was younger.  I have to wash mine about every 3 days cause when I massage I sweat and with the heat here it gets a mess. 
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

we just learn more as we go eh?

I did get a brush today, actually its from walmart and its 3 in one, sisal, bamboo and a roller thingy
I did my 1st dry brush then took a detox bath as follows:

hot water, dead sea salts, sea salt, glycerin
soaked for 20 mins then rinsed with cooler water

I will dry brush again tonight before bed and I get a massage tomorrow *love*

I did find Noah's Naturals for face care today, started the trial size set to see how this does

any ideas or thoughts> I REally NEED a face lift  ;D