Did anyone *not* weigh before starting?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
CapriSun
New, but learning

Did anyone *not* weigh before starting?

Post by CapriSun »

I can't remember the last time I weighed myself. I know it was within the past couple of months, and I was shocked at the number, so I put the scale away and hid from reality. However, I could *feel* myself getting fatter, and that told me plenty.  :'(

So I'm going into this kind of blind as to the exact number on the scale. I know the plan says don't weigh for the first month, but I think that I will next week, 2 weeks from yesterday if I can push it. I was just wondering if I'm the only one who didn't weigh right before starting LDL?
lisu

Re: Did anyone *not* weigh before starting?

Post by lisu »

No I didn't weigh either.  I couldn't bear to see the number.  Hopefully that will improve.
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

I didn't weigh either and I got on the scale this morning and was down 5 pounds from the last time I weighed. I am such a slow loser. I get toooo depressed if I weigh very often. My husband tells me the only way to keep from gaining is to weigh everyday. He says then you can stop it before it gets to bad. Well, I won't do it. Anyway, I now have a number to go by. This program is so great!!
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Capri,

I love you name.  :)  Since you are so new to LDL I would say if you want to weigh then go ahead and do it.  THEN don't weigh again for another month.  That will give you a more accurate picture of your loss. 

That being said, I want to remind you ALL that you are beautiful women and that your number on the scale has NOTHING to do with your self worth or value as a person.  I know we all want to keep track of our progress, just try to remember that the numbers on the scale DO NOT dictate who we are as human beings.  :)

I love you all.

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by EnJae »

And just a reminder:
RT didn't fit on a normal scale. He didn't weigh himself before starting either. BUT look at what he's done! He is a skinny man!

And I think I remember that niki did not weigh herself at the start, just after the 1st month.

I am on my way to being a skinny woman!
NJ
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Hey Capri,

I did weigh myself just to see where I was starting and then shoved the scale under my bed so that the dust bunnies could entertain themselves.

I have a piece of string (jute) that I used to measure my waist.  No numbers--can't stand to see a tape measurer.  I'm putting pieces of tape on it to measure my success each month.  The piece of string doesn't say anything like, "Is that all that you lost?" like the scale use to.  It's just there marking my inches lost.

RB Kayaking
Halla
New, but learning

Post by Halla »

grambonnie5 wrote: My husband tells me the only way to keep from gaining is to weigh everyday. He says then you can stop it before it gets to bad. Well, I won't do it.

Good for you! I started weighing myself daily when I realized how fat I'd gotten. I was in denial about it for soooo long. It's a hard habit to break and so I noticed I'd actually GAINED a pound since starting LDL!  :shock:  :'(  One of my housemates laid down the law. She's been lurking to help keep me on track by watching you ladies and gents. My scale is now under Jen and Steve's bed in their room. I'm not allowed to have it back until...well, negotiations are ongoing.  ;D 
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I weighed myself when I started, that said, I have a friend that ways everyday and has for years. It works for her so I tried it. It plays games with my head, if I'm down I feel like I can have a treat, If I'm up, I feel like what's the use, I might as well have a treat.  :stop: :wrong:Didn't work for me but the LDL recommeded of weighing once a month, or in two weeks if you can't wait is WORKING FOR ME!!! :thumbsup:
CapriSun
New, but learning

Post by CapriSun »

I did weigh this morning. I need to have something, when I weigh next time, that indicates to me this *is* working, KWIM?

I know that society puts a lot of emphasis on the number, and so we tend to as well. We can say that even heavy people are healthy, but things like the insurance charts will say: "I'm sorry, you weigh more than you're supposed to, no insurance for you!", so it is understandable I think that we look at those numbers as the ultimate measure of success.

I *need* to see a drop in weight on the scale, in addition to anything someone might say or how my clothes might fit. I will do my absolute best to not weigh again for at least a week or more. Maybe as time goes on and I see/feel this is working it will be easier to weigh less. Make any sense? I will NOT weigh every day though! Nope.

All that said, I was just a little less than 4# down from the heaviest weight a month or so ago, so yay for that!