hunger from fruit

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Delta

Re:hunger from fruit

Post by Delta »

I will wait for the "green " light from you Roger. :)

I thank you Jim for testing this for us country folks who need cornbread to live ! lol

In His Name, Delta
Sharon Moon
Mary E

Re: hunger from fruit

Post by Mary E »

Your question was posted quite a while back!  I just started and am having the same challenge.  Before LDL, I would eat 1/2 cup of Fiber One with 1/2 cup skim milk and be ok for about 4 hours.  Now, when I eat the fruit, I'm immediately famished.  I've tried adding one snack size container of lowfat cottage cheese to it, but that hasn't helped.  I'm eating a salad of 1 banana, 1 orange, 1 apple and some grapes with the cottage cheese.  Guess a veggie omelet might work better for me?
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Mary E;

May I ask if you are hooked on sugary foods? I came here a few months ago after a lifetime of eating sugar straight out of the sugar bowl. Eating fruit is VERY important for me, to break the sugar addiction. Others on here do not eat fruit at all unless they happen to get hungry for it. Maybe their problem was fatty foods, or what have you.

If you do not have a problem with sugar cravings then perhaps you don't NEED the fruit. (?) Please feel free to adjust this eating plan to fit your needs. And if in doubt send a personal message to Roger Troy everyday for a while, telling him what you ate that day, so he can fine tune this for you.

I'll be praying for you.
NJ
Mary E

Post by Mary E »

Thank you NJ.  No, I'm not hooked on sugary foods.  I thought the fruit was an essential part of LDL.  So, last night I tried an experiment.  I'm not afraid to try strange combinations.  Since corn has a natural sweetness, I thought it might go ok with the fruit.  I cooked up a little frozen corn and added it to my fruit salad.  It seemed to satisfy my dinner hunger without intensifying it.  Who knew?

Blessings,
Mary E
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

We all need fruit but don't MAKE yourself eat fruit. Today I am enjoying an orange, an apple, a banana, a few raisins and some popcorn. Yesterday I had an orange, half an apple and later 3 eggs.

May God bess you today;
NJ
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Prior to LDL, I THOUGHT I didn't have cravings. Since I began, the allure of pies, gelato, cheesecake and other gooey treats left me. So I am one of the people Roger is talking about. I also craved carbs, BIG TIME!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.