hunger from fruit

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Olivia

hunger from fruit

Post by Olivia »

I've tried eating fruit in the morning and it seems to have the opposite effect on me than was intended...it makes me ravenously hungry. Therefore, I'm tempted to eat all morning to try to assuage the hunger. What's the best plan to overcome this?
Olivia

Re:hunger from fruit

Post by Olivia »

Thanks, Roger. I'll try this and pray that it works. After reading your book, this eating plan makes more sense to me than anything I've ever seen. And if I can get over the fruit for breakfast issue, I can eat the LDL way forever, I think. I'm also encouraged by the fact that you give God all the glory, as we all should do. I've been earnestly praying for some little time for God's provision about my weight management, and I think this just may be it!

Olivia
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

Just another quick note - I'm a Southerner and proud of it. In our culture, we eat a lot of beans, corn, and veggies anyway. If I can learn to give up the cornbread with them, I'll be on my way, because it's just the way I've always eaten, and I barely eat meat anyway.
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice! I think the plan is pretty easy to do (so far) except for the breakfast issue.
jaj

Post by jaj »

I'm new to the program but have already lost a few pounds. I start my morning off by a fruit smoothie. I put a handful of frozen packaged fruit, some fresh grapes and three or four piecs of ice in the blender along with about a cup of water. This gives me a little more substance (it's frothy). Sometimes, I add a container of fruity yogurt to the mixture for more flavor and taste. I usually drink the smoothie as I'm driving to work and have a lot left to sip on in the morning. In the beginning, I tried just a piece or two of fresh fruit but I too felt hungry afterwards.
minisodahugger

Post by minisodahugger »

being a newbie here is a thought... I bought some of the kids fruit cups in the natural fruit sugar.. but that in the blender with water and ice cubes and a smig of crystal light orange and blended... the fruit cups is just the right amount of fruit and you dont have to have a big jar open and use it every day you can use a different one with a fruit cup so there is variety... keep up the goood work.. i have been on ldl for two weeks and lost 7 pounds..
Last edited by Anonymous on October 12th, 2005, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndiM

Post by AndiM »

I just started LDL today. I had my fruit this morning, but not enough I'm afraid. I was pretty hungry when it got to lunch time. I ate pretty well at lunch (bean soup), but I had such an incredible urge to eat something sugary right afterwards. How long will it take for that to go away? It's unbelievable how strong the sugar addiction is....

Thanks, and like everyone else I am so happy that this program gives God all the glory. After all, He's the one who gives us all the wisdom in the first place.
AndiM
Nomo-Yoyo

Post by Nomo-Yoyo »

Hi Andi! I can't even imagine trying to get by on just 1 piece of fruit for brkfst. My husband & I are doing LDL & neither of us is that crazy about eating "just fruit", so we have smoothies EVERY morning! There's always a banana in each one, along with 2 other fruits.......... frozen strawberries, fresh peaches, frozen grapes, or something. I only use 100% juice for the liquid, too........no ice or water. They're really delicious & full-bodied that way, and can't get watery if it takes you a while to get finished with it. Try this! I think it will help you, because you'll be taking in more fruit, more calories, & even more vollume. There's no way I could see myself sitting down to this much fruit if I were just eating it by the piece, but drinking it is somehow VERY different! Good luck! BTW, I'm new, too. Started a week ago last Sunday.
Luke 1:37 "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."
AndiM

Post by AndiM »

Thank you both for your advice! I actually ate a small fruit salad this morning with pineapple, grapes and banana. It was pretty good, but I was on my way out the door, so I didn't eat very much of it. Then at lunch, I went out to eat with my mom, so I only had one bowl of black bean soup. I normally would eat a bowl of soup plus lots of bread and butter when I used to go out, so I think that's why I was craving the sweets afterwards. I'll try to make something tomorrow that is more LDL friendly and eat lots of it so I'm satisfied.

Another thing I need advice on is that I'm breastfeeding my 5 month old baby and I noticed that beans really affect me and the baby too (if you know what I mean..hehe.) I did read about taking Beano, but I don't know if that will help the baby or not. I bought tons of different kinds of canned beans, so I hope I end up being able to eat them! If not, what should I do? I know that eating beans is one of the secrets that Roger Troy mentions in his book (filling up on corn and beans instead of potatoes, etc). And if I'm eating mostly fruit for both my breakfast and dinner, how do I get enough protein in my diet to keep up my milk supply? Is there a modification for women who are breastfeeding?

Thanks again for all your advice! I'm excited about this new way of eating and living!
Andi M
Last edited by AndiM on October 12th, 2005, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndiM

Post by AndiM »

Thank you so much, Mary! I really appreciate the info!
hgdfoods

Post by hgdfoods »

Lamb's Stone Ground Corn Meal is pure. The corn is cleaned twice and procosed with granite mills. We add no preveratives. The meal is all natural and gluten free. Lamb's is available in TX in major grocery stores. We are working to get it in other stores through-out the US. Until then...you can get our wonderful meal online.... www.hgdfoods.com

One of the members from this forum just ordered our cornmeal and sent me here to tell you about our wonderful product. We are please we can help more people with their lifestyle changes.

Sally
Delta

Post by Delta »

Does this mean that the cornmeal has been tested and we can now eat this cornmeal made into cornbread and still lose weight?

So Roger is the red light on to go and order this product?

In His Name, Delta
Sharon Moon