March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Mary. Country Girl and I need transportation, please.  I'm so excited. JF
redkat

Post by redkat »

JF,

Where do you need transportation from?  Airport, hotel to events?  I will be driving and since it doesn't look like Tonya is coming with us, we have room for 2 more in the car.
Kathy
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

To the events.  We aren't renting a car, so Little Mary asked if I needed transportation, and we do.  It is going to be fun.  You must be driving, so we appreciate the offer.  Thanks, JF
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I have a buick La Sabre that will hold 5 people.  So there is three of us we can take two in our car.  Will that help.
Clown Lady.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

THANKS MARY !

YOUR THR GREATEST  !  THATS WHY YOUR THR SECOND IN COMMAND !  WHEN ARE WE GETTING OUR SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK? 

JERSEY TRISH
    *love*
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Mary,

My husband and I have decided to rent a car so if anyone else needs a ride to the ranch we have room.

Vicki
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

10 DAYS TO SAN ANTONIO!!  :D CAN'T WAIT  *woot*

*hug*
Ginny
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

I'm so happy for all of you that are going to meet in San Antonio. We're in the middle of maple sugaring which I had suspected we might be when all of these plans first started. Perhaps we'll have another convention another year but in the meantime we can all live vicariously through those of you who are attending and are willing to share your experience and pictures with us here on the LDL BB.  God Bless you all and have a wonderful time!!!! *love* *hug* :kiss: Eljayne
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

ElJayne, wish you were going to be there.  I'm so excited about meeting others who have embraced LDL.  My daughter and I will be together which thrills my soul.  She is so much fun and encourages me; was so afraid that snow days were going to keep her home.  I hope to take several pictures.  That maple syrup sounds delicious.  As my momma always said, "One has to make hay when the sunshines."  That's the same for maple syrup, when the sap moves, drain or whatever you do.  Do you sell the syrup?  Thanks, and  :rose: :rose: :rose: to you, Joyful Friend
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Dear Joyful Friend, Thanks for your kind thoughts. We do sell the maple syrup. It's so much fun to process it's really not fair to charge for it...but we do. We make it the pretty old fashioned way, tap the trees, insert a spiel on which we hang a bucket to catch the sap. We collect the sap daily and when we get 20 to 40 gallons we start cooking it down on a wood fired stove outside in a stainless steel vat. When we've evaporated as much water out of it as we can outside we bring it in the house to finish it to the perfect sugar content and bottle it at 200 degrees. Typically we get 1 gallong of syrup for each 40 gallons of sap and it takes about 24 hours to cook it down the way we do it. There are faster ways to cook but we like the taste of it cooked our way. And we are retired so we've got the time. We don't process a lot but usually have about 100 pints to sell each year. THe best part is we know it's pure, no preservatives or additives!!!  Again, enjoy the convention and take lots of pictures. God Bless your time with your daughter. Sounds wonderful!  :rose: Eljayne
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

ELJ, Thanks.  What state are you in? :D  JF
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

ELJ,

[color=purple]YES SORRY YOUR NOT GOING TO THE CONVENTION I WILL BE BRINGING MY CAMERA SO I WILL TAKE GROUP PICTURES OF ALL SO WE CAN SHARE ON THE LDL SITE HERE WITH OTHERS......MAYBE BE SOMEONE WILL TEACH ME HOW TO  PUT MY PICTURE ON HERE........LOL
DO YOU SELL ON THE INTERNET?  OR SHIP ?

I AM IN NEW JERSEY !

WOULD LOVE SOME OF YOU MAPLE SYRUP  ~    !

JERSEY  TRISH[/color]          *love*
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Eljayne wrote:Dear Joyful Friend, Thanks for your kind thoughts. We do sell the maple syrup. It's so much fun to process it's really not fair to charge for it...but we do. We make it the pretty old fashioned way, tap the trees, insert a spiel on which we hang a bucket to catch the sap. We collect the sap daily and when we get 20 to 40 gallons we start cooking it down on a wood fired stove outside in a stainless steel vat. When we've evaporated as much water out of it as we can outside we bring it in the house to finish it to the perfect sugar content and bottle it at 200 degrees. Typically we get 1 gallong of syrup for each 40 gallons of sap and it takes about 24 hours to cook it down the way we do it. There are faster ways to cook but we like the taste of it cooked our way. And we are retired so we've got the time. We don't process a lot but usually have about 100 pints to sell each year. THe best part is we know it's pure, no preservatives or additives!!!  Again, enjoy the convention and take lots of pictures. God Bless your time with your daughter. Sounds wonderful!   :rose: Eljayne

Hi... What part of the country are you in.,.. I am in Canada... Not far from Franklin Centre which is a very big maple syrup producing community and it is done not quite the same as yours but is boiled down the same way.. Excellent quality.. I like like the light.. and where I buy have won various medals at the Royal Winter air in Toronto Canada.. Is pure and that is one of the reason I use maple syrup as a sweetener occasionally
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Dear Lulu65, Trish and Joyful friend,  RE: maple syrup. We live in MN and we usually have light maple syrup. Some of our customers like the dark because of its more robust flavor. Ours is light amber in color and this years tap is very sweet. We're getting 1 gallon from apprx 30 gallons as opposed to the typical 40 gallons so we are pleased.  We don'l sell on line but we do bottle some in plastic 1 pt containers so it ships safer, also the shipping costs are less. It's not fun to have to charge the same amount for shipping as we do for one pint of syrup. We've found the flat rate USPS boxes will fit our plastic one pint bottles tho so that helps. Last I check they were 4.95 for whatever fits. We have quite a few established customers and until we get well into the season we don't know for sure if we'll have more syrup to sell that we have customers waiting. I'll keep you posted and be very pleased to sell you some if we have plenty.  Thanks so much for your interst and yes it's all natural and an excellent sweetener for those rare occassions that you really need/want a bit of sweet.  :drool: Remember, those of us who are not at convention are looking forward to your pictures.  God Bless, Elj
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

ELJ,

MY PERSONAL EMAIL. IS  PRETTYLIPS13@AOL.COM.  I WOULD LIKE YOU TO EMAIL ME AS SOON AS YOU KNOW IF YOU HVE ANY TO SELL.  I WOULD LOVE TO TRY SOME.

THANKS A BIG BUNCH.  TRISH
    *love*
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I would be interested also, RiversideNurse72@aol.com
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Once you try it you will love it.. it is truly amazing what comes out of a maple tree...  As a kid I used to drink the sap it is like sweet water.  :)
w8Less
New, but learning

Post by w8Less »

Hi Eljayne,

Count me in as well if you have any left over...would love to purchase some!  My email is w8less73@gmail.com.

Brandon