March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
greenheron

Re: March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Post by greenheron »

Wow, Gem, that's a great idea!  And, I don't think it's impossible....

I watch live video of bird feeders in Brazil and SC (I think) on www.ustream.tv .  I think it's free to have streaming video on Ustream, although I'm not completely sure.  You should be able to plug a camera into computer with a good internet connection....

Plenty of time to look into that.  Alas, all those left home will miss out on the Vitamix Extravaganza.  (Shouldn't there be a Vitamix rep there? ;)  Discounts? )
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I everyone 
Is there anyone bringing there husbands.  I am training my to eat right, he don't know it yet  If I cook it he eats it.  Now if I can break his sweet habits we will be doing good.( I don't cook sweets)
Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Hey Intune,

If you only have 36 pounds to go--my butt is bigger than your butt and it still fits in the kayak.  Because it is mostly hot down here in Florida we purchase the siton tops vs the sit insides.

Try it, it is a total blast, unlike the shuttle that is not blasting off tonight.

RB Kayaking
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Clown Lady wrote:
Is there anyone bringing there husbands.  I am training my to eat right, he don't know it yet  If I cook it he eats it.  Now if I can break his sweet habits we will be doing good.( I don't cook sweets)
Donna
Yes, I'm planning on making this trip with my dh Terry.........who is not on the plan totally but likes most of the LDL recipes..........and all of the LDL people.
mrsj
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

RB Kayaking wrote:Gem,

I've got my kayak loaded with seeds and am ready to head out to see the shuttle launch on Saturday.  I gotta stay low in the water to sneak past all those boat patrols.  Gonna see if I can't attract the attention of the astronuts--not the guards--and see if they'll spread watermelon seeds out there in space.

Cool, huh?

If ya don't hear from me after Saturday will ya bail me out of the brink?

RB Kayaking

It's Sunday morning and no RB.  Where do I wire the bail? 

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Jason and I will be there!!  *woot* *woot* Don't know if my mom will be able to make it but I hope she can. What about the kids? I have my 15yr old (she'll be 16 then) that can keep my little ones at the hotel when we do the adult only stuff. Is any one else going to bring their kids? My kids do ldl too and I think they would be upset if we went without them! I can't wait! I am going to start saving this week!! I am going to put some money away every week in a special place so that we can have a little spending money too!! I also have a few friends at my church that have started ldl after seeing our results and they may want to come too. I will talk to them and let you know!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

I'd love to be there, but Texas is not in the planning stages for next March.  I will be in Florida (Ft. Myers area) for the winter (up here in Michigan that is November through April  ;D ) .  How about a mini get together in Florida during the Winter?

Ginny
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Details!.............We need details!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

electricj1316 wrote:What about the kids? I have my 15yr old (she'll be 16 then) that can keep my little ones at the hotel when we do the adult only stuff. Is any one else going to bring their kids?
Tina

Hi Tina,  My kids will be local and we would love to show you all around!

Blessings,
Julie
starlight0917
New, but learning

Post by starlight0917 »

Mary,

When the time comes please let me know if ya'll need any help.  Since we're close we would be glad to lend a hand with anything.
intune878

Post by intune878 »

Hey, do we want to get rooms at the same hotel?  if we are all at the same place it would make it easier for many of us to not have to get lost getting from one place to the other.  What do you think?  Intune878

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Great! The kids would love it if they had someone else there their age!
I can't wait and I think my mom may be coming too!!  *woot* *woot*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

intune878 wrote:Hey, do we want to get rooms at the same hotel?  if we are all at the same place it would make it easier for many of us to not have to get lost getting from one place to the other.  What do you think?  Intune878
I have no problem with this idea. 
mrsj
Joanie
New, but learning

Post by Joanie »

I have wanted to get to Texas for several years - I have family there.  Count me in - maybe God will let it be snow days down here
and there won't be any school.... :thumbsup:
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I can't wait either!! I have already started putting money away!! I checked on airfare and it is $279 a person and there will be 6 of us!! That is allot of dough!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
cjs0557

Post by cjs0557 »

I would love to come!  I can't commit right right now cause I don't know what the next year will bring....but I hope we can get there....even if I half to beg, beg , beg!!!!  I'd love to meet everyone who has been so helpful and nice  :kiss: 

Cyndy  *love*
catdog530

Post by catdog530 »

This Upstate New Yorker would love to go.  Have never been to Texas.  Can't commit, but would love to meet you all in person.  Sounds like a blast!  Hopefully, I can give a definate answer by Sept.
Thanks Mary for organizing this convention!
Deb