March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Harriett
New, but learning

Re: March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Post by Harriett »

Ginny M I too will be in Venive Florida for the winter not far from Fort Myers so maybe we can meet . After our big trip this fall won't be able to swing another trip but perhaps another time
Any more folks in Florida for the winter We go from Dec30th - May 31st
Love&Prayers Harriettxxx000
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Jus' want y'all to meet Mary's new buddy...this here doggie's name is Little Tex Bull Puppy.

Last edited by GEM on July 25th, 2009, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

:kissed:
GEM
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

Can not wait till September till Mary has all the information !    So excited to meet such nice people........This is a very very wonderful food plan.  I would have been boared to death by now........I can not wait to see what i can make for lunch the next day.........

Thanks sooooooooooo  much Roger,  we all do really appreciate you work. 

Trish            *love*
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I am sooooo sorry that I will not be at the convention.  At first I was worried about work, then money, but now........Its official, my daughter is expecting and will be due right about that time, woo hoo!  :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Kathi,

What a great blessing!  I am so happy for you and your family.

I have one grandbaby and he is the light of my life. There is nothing like it in the world. 

Julie :rose:
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Kathie.........congratulations....there is nothing like those grandbabies

Martha
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks I am really looking forward to this!  I love my wonderful grandson, who is coming over later today.  But, he is 10 and it is time for another, yippee!
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

CONGRATULATION ! ! !    KATHIE,    ITS SUCH A JOY TO HAVE A NEW BABY IN THE HOUSE.......I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY DAUGHTER TO GET MARRIED SO I CAN HAVE
GRAND CHILDREN     

TRISH     
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Kathie I am so excited for you!! That is such a blessing!! And the LDL way of living is a healthy way to live longer for the new grand baby!!
:laughing:

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks Tina and Trish!  I did not mean to take over this thread on the convention to announce this, but it just happened.  I am looking forward to this second grandchild!
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi Mary and Roger:

Have you guys given any thought to forming committees for activities for this convention ?  I am sure that you are planning seminars, etc, but it might be cool to form committees....CQ could lead a kayaking event for those who wanted to participate, I know Mary is probably planning to conduct a cooking class (which I would love to offer to do as well if you have a need), etc, etc.  There is so much talent in the group that there is a lot to tap in to to keep the convention action packed.  Would be happy to volunteer if you are interested.  Let me know.  As of right now, barring any major changes in my life or a modified business travel schedule, I am planning to join.

Take care,

Tiss
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Mary,

I have been to some parties at local Rotary clubs, Lions clubs, Firehouses, Churches (esp Synagogues), schools (Cafeterias)and Boat clubs.  Maybe these types of places would have a place to rent for us with a kitchen. The boat (Yacht) clubs are especially nice since they are just off the water. And I have even been to a restaurant that closed down the place for one night to have a cooking demo and charged for the class, though in an area like SA, no one  may be willing to do that unless it is rural.

As I mentioned in an earlier post - will be happy to be your sous chef. Just let me know.

As for activities:
Lasso making and tossing
Horseback riding
Cowboy watching/catching (roping?  whatever you call it.)

I hope we can just have some groups that will want to see the sites. We may need to have a sign up before hand bc we will need to arrange transportation to and from.

Hey, here is a thought... I wonder if there are any house rentals? Maybe we can find a big one with a kitchen. Since there are so many properties for sale, maybe someone would want to make some money renting it out for a few days. I am not familiar enough with SA to know where these might be. Maybe some can be found on Vacation Rental By Owner ( a web site with properties all over the world). Sometimes there is a development with a few houses available for rent. This may of course not fit everyone's budget.

I will chew on this for a while (gotta chew something!)

Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Harriett,  Sounds like a good idea.  Let's keep this in mind for later in the year and we'll start a new thread for those in the area.  I would like to meet you and anyone else, too.

*hug*
Ginny
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hmmm.... should be a good reason to visit texas...
If you really know the exact date than i should be able to take some vacationtime...
And if i can buy my ticket early enough it's not going to be too expensive ...at least i hope...

Just checked some airlines

It's a 18 hr.flight  :shock: :shock: :shock:

How about you guys are putting everything on webcam so i can be a part of this all....PLEASE  :'(
Last edited by Anonymous on August 2nd, 2009, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

I NEED SOME HELP HERE........I AM GOING TO LAS VEGAS FOR WORK CONFERENCE.......FOR 5 DAYS.........ANY HELP ON WHAT TO EAT THERE........ANY ONE TRAVEL THERE.  I LOVE SMOOTHIES FOR BREAKFAST AND DINNER........LUNCH IS USUALLY FISH AND VEGGIES.......

I AM STAYING AT THE PARIS HOTEL.  I NEED SOME HELP.........I AM NOT GOING OFF PROGRAM.......

SO ANY IDEAS???????????    THANKS A BUNCH        TRISH     
            *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Trish - so glad you are here with us. If I may make a suggestion... please go back to the Home page and click on  Ask questions and find answers . When you get in there, click on Start a new topic (I may not be remembering the exact wording here).  Then please put your question in the Subject like (Travel suggestions for staying on LDL plan)  something like that.

Anyway you will receive a tremendous amount of support. I am concerned that members may not see your question in this topic.  *hug*

I think in Vegas you will absolutely be able to stay on LDL- possibly easier than any other place.  :thumbsup:  I have been going there every year for the past 8 years or so.  They have tons of salad bars and buffets with a wide range of foods to choose from --- day or night. If you have to switch your main meal to dinner - that's fine-  just follow the program suggestions for doing that (do you have the book?  If not- go to the FAQ section for more info about that.) Finally I look over the menu when I go out. If Tilapia is on the menu, I ask if the chef will prepare it with a little EVOO and garlic and the same for a side of veggies. I also ask them to hold the rice or potato and double the veggies. Most places will accommodate and you can call ahead to ask and also see the menu on line.

Have a great time - lots to see - drink lots of water! ( Sorry to interfere - hope this is helpful!)

TRISH

Post by TRISH »

JULIE,  THANKS FOR THE HELP.........I DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID.......I POSTED THERE.......I HOPE I CAN HAVE SMOOTHIES THERE........I LOVE THEM.......FEEL MORE SATISFIED WITH THEM.......LUNCH IS NO PROBLEM........I JUST WANT MY SMOOTHIES............

I HAVE POSTED UNDER ANSWERS AND QUESTION SECTION........THANKS A BIG BUNCH. ! 

TRISH 
      *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

You're welcome!  Smoothies, huh? Maybe if you let room service know your requirements before you go, they can make it for you. You may have to go and get the juice of your choice if they don;t have it available. Have a great trip! Watch out for those slots!

joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

TRISH wrote:I NEED SOME HELP HERE........I AM GOING TO LAS VEGAS FOR WORK CONFERENCE.......FOR 5 DAYS.........ANY HELP ON WHAT TO EAT THERE........ANY ONE TRAVEL THERE.   I LOVE SMOOTHIES FOR BREAKFAST AND DINNER........LUNCH IS USUALLY FISH AND VEGGIES.......

I AM STAYING AT THE PARIS HOTEL.   I NEED SOME HELP.........I AM NOT GOING OFF PROGRAM.......

SO ANY IDEAS???????????     THANKS A BUNCH        TRISH     
             *love*

Are you kidding? Vegas is LDL Central! They actuall try to lure people there with food...............all kinds of food. The only thing you need to fear are the slots!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.