March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LovinLDL

Re: March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Post by LovinLDL »

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=4257.0

I am hesitant to post this link as the version you get on Tuesday may not resemble this at all.  I posted this a while back.....I usually make it these days with black beans instead of hominy and, thanks to Mary's influence, you never know what other kind of additions/substitutions I will make.

BTW- I drive a "Texas Limo" too:-)  Do you know what that is?  Anybody else have Texas trivia to share?

Blessings,
Julie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Texas Caviar is one of our favorite salads.  It will be delicious any way you fix it.  I think Country Girl put her recipe on the boards.  She has always used black beans in hers.  My, it is getting exciting for me.    *hug* :D Joyful Friend 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I have my reservations and am excited, but also worried I won't be able to make it.  Please pray.  We are having a terrible time getting my mom's wafer to stick to her body for her illeostomy bag.  We have had some awful messes.  We've actually done it 4 times today!  You're supposed to do it once a week.  It is awful and tomorrow I'm calling the wound care nurse at the hospital for advice, as the home health nurse is out of ideas.  I need to have something I can count on by Sunday, or I don't see how we can travel away from home.  I'll be really disappointed and I can't cancel my reservations.  We'll just lose the money.  We've got to find answers for this.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Oh Crickadoodle, I will be praying.  Let me know if there is anything I can do from here.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

marysimmons wrote:
LovinLDL wrote:
Eljayne wrote:WOW!  You remember that?!  You're so good. No wonder you get paid the big bucks  :D :laughing: :laughing: *woot* :) *hug* Elj

Yeah, I vote we double or tripple her salary! :thumbsup:

Oooh OOOhhh OOOOh!  I get a salary?!?!?!  Cool!  If somebody could please pick up my six year of back-pay and bring it to the ranch, I'll be eternally grateful.

I can't wait!!!!

Little Mary

Little Mary, I second the vote to triple your wage....although I'm not able to come to San Antonio so I'll have to bring you a bag of money next time... :laughing:
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Folks who are coming please let me know if there are any food allergies.  I will be serving not too spicy dishes with peppers and other fixins on the side.  Also, if there is anyone who can't (or would rather not) eat upstairs, please let me know.

Blessings,
Julie
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It might be hard to get Mom upstairs.  She can walk up some stairs.  We have only 4 stairs to our house and she manages those.  With help, we can probably get her up the stairs.
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Julie,  Isn't a Texas Limo a Chevy/GMC Suburban?  Love those.  Drove them for 20 years.  Now it's a GMC Crew Cab Full Bed Pick Up (hawls my home  :D, a 5th Wheel Trailer).

Can't wait to meet you all.

*hug*
Ginny
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Julie,  I'm not allergic to it, just not a "spicy food" person (salt & pepper were the spiciest I was brought up on and never acquired a taste for "spicy")  If the peppers could be "on the side" it would be appreciated for me (mild salsa is about my limit of "spicy").  If not, will we have a drink to cut the "hot"?  :'(  *lipssealed*

*hug*
Ginny
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Hi Y'all - It's way past time for me to jump back onto the boards. I have missed ya but have been busy with excuses # 1 - to - 437. But mostly I have been putting off saying that DH and I will not be coming to San Antonio next week. I'm having my initial dental implant surgery on March 30th.

Let's see - which would I rather do.... surgery or meeting y'all in San Antonio? Hands down, you guys win that challenge. But there is no way around having the dental surgery.... and sooner is better than later. My mouth has healed up enough to do it and I will be able to eat better and enjoy my meals better after this second step heals also. In 4-6 months after the bone has healed around the post I will have the actual artificial tooth (or better known as a crown equivalent) put in.

I am wishing and praying you all have a fun-filled and wonderful time in San Antonio and enjoy getting to know each other better. Y'all have a safe and happy trip. I'll be thinking of you.
Hugs!
southernyankee
southernyankee
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Julie,  just read our program for Tuesday.  Sounds great!  I'm opting for the "just visiting" after lunch.  I figure by the time we all help clean up we'll have a few hours of visiting.  After all, my reason for going to the convention is meeting and getting to know all the fine LDLers I've met on-line.  By the way, what is "chicken chasing"???  :wacko:

*hug*
Ginny
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

southernyankee,
No worries, I don't think you sent an email confirmation to Mary a month or so ago did you?  Praying for your dental surgery right now.  Welcome back to the boards and LDL!

Ginny,
Yes, GMC Yukon XL...because we all fit:-)  Chicken Chasing....not really gonna make anyone chase chickens....just something that sounded fun at the time.  I am hoping we will still have chickens...all of our baby chicks are disappearing:-(  We may have kittens by then... cat and three Collies live outside.

Visiting sounds just right to me too. 
redkat

Post by redkat »

RT,

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and hoping you'll be able to make next year's convention.  (There WILL be one next year, right???)
Kathy
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

So sorry to hear that news.  We are still hoping to get there.  I'm trying an experiment with Mom's problem and if it works, this will enable us to attend with no worries.  Thanks for the prayers!
redkat

Post by redkat »

Great!  I loved Key West when I visited there in February.  It would be nice to have more time.  (We were there only for about 6-7 hours).
Kathy
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Key West sounds wonderful!!! Any change it might be earlier than March or later April?