March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
intune878

Re: March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Post by intune878 »

Oh, I am not so sure about that!!!  It is a 50th anniversary cake I did for my aunt and uncle.  It was good but not good for us!  That was part of the old life I used to live!!!  Intune878

RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Did someone say that I could kayak on a river in SA?  Does the river flow through the bat caves?  I love bat caves.  I'm in my kayak and ready to start paddling.  Maybe we can get Vita-Mix there to demo the VitaMix and when they are all through discount it for someone?

RB Kayaking
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Kayaking is big in the TX Hill Country :thumbsup:  The river doesn't go through the bat cave though....cave is an old railroad tunnel and I don't believe the bats are very prevalent in March.  Kerrville is a very pretty Kayaking location.

Blessings,
Julie
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

Omg... My husband's Aunt Lives there!! I would love to come!! Maybe I'll even bring the family with me!! I will put this in God's hands so we can find a way to get there all the way from OHIO!!

Hugs Always, *hug*
Tina K.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

LovinLDL wrote:Top Ten Things to Do in San Antonio:

10. Alamo
9.  Riverwalk
8.  Fiesta Texas Amusement Park
7.  Sea World
6.  Tubing or Canoing Down the Guadalupe River
5.  Wild Flowers at LBJ Park
4.  Shop/Museum in Fredricksburg
3.  Scenic Drive Through th Hills
2.  Enchanted Rock/The Old Cave & Bats
1.  LDL Bash at Julie's (Monday Night?)
Julie, you are the hostess with the mostess, already providing us with the attractions.  Love how you did it as Top 10.............my fave is #1.  It's exciting to think about meeting you and the other LDL'ers in person. :thumbsup:
mrsj (Julie :D)
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

RB Kayaking wrote:Did someone say that I could kayak on a river in SA?  Does the river flow through the bat caves?  I love bat caves.  I'm in my kayak and ready to start paddling.  Maybe we can get Vita-Mix there to demo the VitaMix and when they are all through discount it for someone?

RB Kayaking

Did I just miss it, or was there no mention of watermelon seeds packed aboard your kayak?  :thumbdown:

:kissed:
GEM Watermelonseed

PS:  Thought of you when I saw a glass bottom canoe/kayak in the Hammacher-Schlemmer catalog.  I'll let you take it from there...

GEM
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

mrsjudo wrote:
LovinLDL wrote:Top Ten Things to Do in San Antonio:

1.  LDL Bash at Julie's (Monday Night?)

Julie, you are the hostess with the mostess, already providing us with the attractions.  Love how you did it as Top 10.............my fave is #1.  It's exciting to think about meeting you and the other LDL'ers in person. :thumbsup:
mrsj (Julie :D)

Me too, Mrsj...  I'm just so excited I can hardly stand it. 

GEM

GEM
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I am so in!  I can't think of a better way to spend a few days than to do so with the people I have come to love and respect.  *love*

I have been to San Antonio a couple of times - fun place. I have FF miles --- might as well use them.  :thumbsup:

The airlines will know the LDL group --- I will bet that none of us will need seat belt extenders!  :stop:

Julie :rose:
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

AS SOON AS YOU KNOW PLEASE POST THE DATES SO I CAN GET MY TIMESHARE FOR THE AREA !  THANKS CAN'T WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE.  I AM NEW SO THIS WOULD BE GREAT !

THANKS ROGER, MARY AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS HELPED ME. 

TRISH
                    *love*
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

gosh i would have to bring everyone with me.  my dad would die if he knew i was coming to TX and didn't bring the whole fam.  do you know how spendy this will be?!  LOL

i'm with Tina on this one...i'll save and if i was meant to go...i'll be there...kwim?!  i really really really want to go!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Mary,

Do you need a sous chef?  (Did I spell that correctly?)  I am applying for the job. 

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

julie409 wrote:I am so in!  I can't think of a better way to spend a few days than to do so with the people I have come to love and respect.  *love*

I have been to San Antonio a couple of times - fun place. I have FF miles --- might as well use them.  :thumbsup:

The airlines will know the LDL group --- I will bet that none of us will need seat belt extenders!  :stop:

So far there will be 3 Julie's!  Anymore?
mrsj
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Gem,

I've got my kayak loaded with seeds and am ready to head out to see the shuttle launch on Saturday.  I gotta stay low in the water to sneak past all those boat patrols.  Gonna see if I can't attract the attention of the astronuts--not the guards--and see if they'll spread watermelon seeds out there in space.

Cool, huh?

If ya don't hear from me after Saturday will ya bail me out of the brink?

RB Kayaking
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

I am going to try hard to make it. I was there for a family reunion in 2003. It was awesome :thumbsup:. We stayed right on the river walk. Sounds like a blast :bomb:
together4ever123
New, but learning

Post by together4ever123 »

Sounds great!
    My Husband has friends out there so he said it might work!!

I'm with a lot of other people, if it is meant to be I will be there!!!!
intune878

Post by intune878 »

RB Kayaking wrote:Did someone say that I could kayak on a river in SA?  Does the river flow through the bat caves?  I love bat caves.  I'm in my kayak and ready to start paddling.  Maybe we can get Vita-Mix there to demo the VitaMix and when they are all through discount it for someone?

RB Kayaking

I always wanted to learn how to kayak but my butt has always been too BIG...Maybe that will change soon.

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I would love to come, but don't see how, with new baby arriving in January and graduation in May, I don't think I'll be able to afford to go anywhere in March.  so everyone who gets there, remember I'm with you in spirit.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

mom wrote:I would love to come, but don't see how, with new baby arriving in January and graduation in May, I don't think I'll be able to afford to go anywhere in March.  so everyone who gets there, remember I'm with you in spirit.

I don't speak "computer", but is there any way we could do something like a live feed--streaming video--so that those of us at home could be with our LDL friends in real time, for example, on the night of the welcome party at Julie's, when we're all celebrating?  I know that we do many of our nursing education rural outreach programs like that, because we can't cover the whole state, except in this manner.  Just an idea, but it would be so empowering, and so joyful, if we could all join together, if only for an hour or two...

GEM

GEM