March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
TRISH

Re: March 2010 LDL convention in Texas!

Post by TRISH »

HEY JOE,

I DO NOT FEAR THE SLOTS,  THEY DO NOT INTEREST ME...........THANK GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL THE SWEETS,  BUT THANKS TO PROGRAM I WILL NOT BE THINKING WHERE MY NEXT SNACK WILL BE EATEN.........

FOOD DOES NOT RULE MY LIFE ANY MORE..............SINCE  L  D  L 

TRISH
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I was just there in Dec...........there was a really great smoothie place in the mall across from Wynn.  It was were I was first turned on to cranberry juice in my smoothie...theres no going back now lol.
What I also didnt realize until I got on the plane to go home was the clerk had given me change for my $100 bill and also gave me my $100 bill back in the process............sooooo basically it was the only money I won that week. 
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

TRISH wrote:[color=purple]HEY JOE,

I DO NOT FEAR THE SLOTS,   THEY DO NOT INTEREST ME...........THANK GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craps shooter?
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

NO I DON'T LIKE TO GAMBLE.............I AM ONLY GOING BECAUSE IT BUSINESS.......
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

TRISH wrote:NO I DON'T LIKE TO GAMBLE.............I AM ONLY GOING BECAUSE IT BUSINESS.......

Good for you!...........Enjoy it!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

I would love to come.  I am marking my calendar for March.  :thumbsup: I look forward to meeting everyone. 
intune878

Post by intune878 »

I am still planning on coming to S.A.  Just a four and half hour drive for me. Intune

ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hi Little Mary,
i am pretty sure that i can't make it to the convention.
Would it be too much to ask to put up a webcam so i  or we can be "almost" there ????
That would be absolutely fabulous....
Right now i can't afford to fly out from germany to  stay there for just a few days....

Chrissy ( who is getting to like beans ) :rolleyes:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

San Antonio is my favorite city to go to.  It is where my husband and I went on our honeymoon.  *love* :inlove:  For our anniversary this year, I "kidnapped" him and brought him to San Antonio.  What a surprise for him!  I got an awesome hotel (4 star) on the Riverwalk for under $100 a night through Hotwire.com.  My cousin came all the way from Texas to stay with my mom. (This was before the colostomy.)  I had to do a lot of plotting to pull off this crime,  :shock: I mean get-a-way.  We live in Louisiana and it takes 8 or 9 hours to get there, so it isn't the easiest drive, but the trip is always so memorable.  I always feel like I've gone to another country.  Walking along the Riverwalk with all the different little bridges crossing the river is so like a European city.  We always enjoy ourselves when we go to this city.  There is so much to see and do there.

I'm not sure I'll make it at the end of March, but you couldn't have picked a better city.  I should well be where I want to be weight wise by that time.  Who knows, maybe my husband will join me on the plan and then want to go and meet all of you.  That would be so much fun. 
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Skype would be an option.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

I am working on the high speed internet but it isn't looking great.  I could set it up on Dim Dim if I get high speed internet...sigh.

Love,
Julie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Ginny M. wrote:I'd love to be there, but Texas is not in the planning stages for next March.  I will be in Florida (Ft. Myers area) for the winter (up here in Michigan that is November through April  ;D ) .  How about a mini get together in Florida during the Winter?

Ditto what Ginny said.  (One of the coldest winters I ever spent was one springtime in Michigan's upper lower peninsula. LOL)  I don't think I can swing a trip in the upcoming year, but anyone who stays near Florida is welcome to swing by our house in Clearwater!  Hoping I'll have my new knees by then & we can go out line dancing together! ! !  Everyone -- BUYOAM*

For our Little Mary & anyone who may not know about it, we can Skype with those living large (or skinny) in San Antonio during the convention. Anyone with a computer, Internet access and a $30.00 webcam from Radio Shack can Skype.  Well, actually, you need a microphone and a speaker, too, if you want to speak with someone online.  Skype is a free online service - there is NO CHARGE to sign up or use it.  AND it comes with a simple, guided tutorial to walk you through registration & setup.  Through satellite transmissions, you can have a real-time audio/video conversation with anyone, anywhere on the planet.  I saw Oprah Skyping from Chicago with a submariner 800 feet under the ocean off the Hawaiian coast.  

DD#1 used a notebook computer with wireless Internet access & a built-in webcam to Skype me a complete guided tour of her new home outside of Tulsa, OK.  Recently I got to have a face-to-face conversation with my 5-year-old grandbaby for the first time EVER.  VERY COOL technology.  You can check it out at Skype.com.

Loves, Gwennaford

*Blow Up Your Own Air Mattress  :)
Last edited by Gwennaford on August 15th, 2009, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Thanks Gwennaford,

i am using skype to chat with my sister whos living in Minnesota.
But i am not sure if this will work if more than a few people will attend the convention
via internet..It would be great though...

Chrissy
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Right Chrissy,

Skype is good one to one audio, even with just dial up....need high speed for the webcam to be very good.  Dim Dim is free too and does much better for a one to many type meeting.  Those viewing and listening can even chat among themselves and with those at the meeting/party. 

I am making headway with the Internet situation.  I have an air card that either should go 3G by then or they will have DSL soon.  I am trying to stave off the two year contract of satelite because either of those two other options would be better.

Blessings,
Julie (who is very disappointed that Gwen doesn't think she can make it...but understands and won't even try to bribe with an afternoon of lounging on our sofa with harp music and any LDL treat she might want)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Roger Troy should pay for high speed Internet for Julie

Post by Gwennaford »

HA HA -- Forget the harp music Julie -- You fire up the fiddle & banjo -- I'll dust off my c-boy boots.  I'm ready to Cotton Eye Joe!  

This is the way I learned it, as opposed to square-dance style.  If a three-year-old can do it, I think it's manageable for the rest of us!  Counting in French is optional - LOL:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RppBWpq5lQI&feature=related[/youtube]

Now to the point.  Forget the VitaMix -- Who thinks Roger Troy should spring for high speed Internet access to thank Julie & family -- not only for opening up their property for the convention, but for her participation in promoting Let's Do Lunch?  NOT KIDDING !

also posting this suggestion on Neet's VitaMix thread

I gotta check out Dim Dim.  I've never heard of it.
Last edited by Gwennaford on August 15th, 2009, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Gwenn,
i would love to see you doing the cotton eye...
and you are right, putting up everything on the internet would be the best way to promote LDL.
I am allready translating the basic-parts of the book into german so i can give this to my friends.

Hopefully RT wont mind...Copyright and so on... :sleep: *lipssealed* :music:

Julie and all the others who will try to help with the internetsetup...THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH...

Chrissy
Last edited by Anonymous on August 15th, 2009, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Gwenna,

Thanks for the Skype info. I may have to go out and try it with my grandson.

Everyone,
I am not sure about going to SA myself. I was so excited  *woot*  about the prospect of meeting everyone that I completely forgot that I have a milestone birthday only a couple of weeks after that. I hope to be spending it on vaca with my family so I don't think I can do 2 trips that close together. The skype thing sounds like a plan. I am guessing the only drawback would be that 2 people skyping in would not be able to see or talk to each other.

So I guess you all will have to round up the cowboys on your own  :laughing:

Anyway, I appreciate the info.

Julie  :rose:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

You're welcome, Julie.  Dim Dim also sounds very intriguing as other Julie suggested.  I'm going to check it out.

Regards,
Gwen (with only one "N" - LOL)
ImageImage