Newbie Question

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Glen M
New, but learning

Newbie Question

Post by Glen M »

Hello all,
Today is 2 weeks since I've started LDL and I'm seeing some pretty exciting results already. I haven't weighted since I've started, but I'm already able see a difference in the way my clothes fit.....much looser, and some people are starting to notice I've dropped some weight. So of course I've been spreading the news about LDL! I do have a problem with my Diet coke though, I love at and have been a pretty heavy diet coke drinker for a long time now. I do drink some water also, but not enough I'm sure. I noticed someone mentioned diet coke causing a problem with weight loss. Any comments on this?

Thanks for the input!

Glen
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Re: Newbie Question

Post by RB Kayaking »

Good job on your inches lost so far--keep that scale under the bed for the dust bunnies to play with and let your clothes by the scale that you go with--trying on clothes hidden away in your closet is much more rewarding than scale dancing.

You do need to limit your cokes and its hard to go cold turkey.  When the urge for a coke hits grab a water and some of the most incredible fruit that you can find.  Fruit is so good this time of year.  Keep saying to yourself, "Do I want this Coke or do I want to lose more inches?"

It works for me.

Keep up with it, reread the book, look at FAQs and go back and read the really old posts, like from the beginning of this site.

RB Kayaking
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Glen,

Congrats on two weeks of freedom!  You sound like you're doing great!  :D

I had to ween myself off of diet coke as well.  I was drinking like six 20 oz bottles a day!  :shock:  This is what I did.  It's just a suggestion, but it worked for me.  I kept a list for a week everytime I drank a diet coke.  The first thing that happened was I almost fainted when I realized just how much of it I was drinking.  :blush:

The next week, I kept the list again but this time I made a concious decision to have one less each day.  I did this for several weeks and when I was down to one a day it was easy to let it go too.  I still have a diet coke every now and then but only about once every three months or so.  And that is usually if I am out eating.  I simply don't crave them anymore.  I hope this helps.  :)  I do believe that all of the salt in diet drinks and the artificial sweeteners stall weight loss.  Good luck and keep us posted. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by heretotheend »

Glen, just wanted to say that I'm glad you are here.  I also drank alot of diet cokes but when I started this WOE I decided that I just didn't need them anymore. I have had only 1 in 5 weeks and I truly do not miss them.

Martha
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Thanks everyone for all the input! I think the idea of gradually reducing the amount of Diet Coke I drink will be the best option for me, and then have them only on occasions like eating out. Maybe by then I won't be craving them! I did good today drinking water with my lunch! I really appreciate all the good advice from everyone!

Glen