LDL Clubs??

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
crickadoodle
Master Member

LDL Clubs??

Post by crickadoodle »

As I was walking this morning, I was thinking that people need to know about how easy it is to lose weight the Let's Do Lunch way.  I'm sure this has already been thought of and discussed somewhere on the boards here, but would there be a way to start some type of LDL club?  I could see my church hosting one, or having one in my community.  What a transformation could occur!  Just the little time I've been following this "livet" as I like to call it (never say diet) it has made such a difference in the way I feel and the energy I have.  I've lost 11 lbs. in a little over 1 month and not only that, the fact that I'm feeling more energetic has gotten me exercising and walking again.  I'm getting firmer and I can see how my clothes are getting loose.  Also, as each pound comes off I want to sing, "Nah, nah, nah, nah / nah, nah, nah, nah / Hey, Hey, Hey, goodbye!"  I feel this confidence that each pound that comes off is gone for good.  This isn't a punishment for bad eating behavior that I'll just have to endure in order to lose the weight I put on.  I can live with this and enjoy what I eat.  The food tastes good -- like why would I want to eat other things that will keep me heavier than I want to be??? 

I could see a club being a group that supports each other on the local level.  You could get together for some really healthy and delicious "potluck" meetings where you could sample different LDL recipes.  You could share your successes and what is working for you. 

Anyway, has this been discussed?  If so, what was decided, if anything?
Victoria

Re: LDL Clubs??

Post by Victoria »

Crickadoodle,

It would be great for you to start an LDL Club at your church.  Read the "Let's So Lunch Club at school" post on page two of this board to see what RB Kayaking (8/1/09 post) is doing at her school.  In addition to the club she is starting, there is going to be a weight loss challenge!  Also, there is a reply by Roger regarding what RB Kayaking is doing -- all positive remarks!

VickiLynn

P.S.  I'm sure RB meant to type Let's Do, not Let's So.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Here is the link to the thread....good idea!
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=7048.0
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Thanks!  That sounds so exciting.  I am on a year long sabbatical from teaching.  I'll be interested to see how this develops in the school.  Who knows??  This might really catch on.  Beans are very budget friendly.  Maybe all the economic troubles have an up side.  If everyone starts eating more beans, we might have a healthier population!