Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LMSP

Re: Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Post by LMSP »

It made sense to start this thread here since so many would not know we were doing this from the other one.  As I said before - I am going to do this more basic way for 2 full weeks....because I really want to see the results!!  I think the most important part of being able to do the basic program is to always incorporate beans at lunch to help keep us satisfied for the long haul!!
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

ok here is my plan for today  :thumbsup:

Breakfast:
8:00-9:00am

smoothie( nanna, beans, cherries,mandarin oranges* in thier own juice*
bing cherries
green tea

Lunch:
12:00-1:00pm

schloop( I will eat this till I am stuffed, prolly 2 bowls )
green tea

Dinner:
4:00-5:00pm
broiled grapefuit
watermelon salad
green tea
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

Just a question for everybody about beans.  If We're doing LDL hard core, shouldn't that mean no beans for breakfast or dinner?  Just fruit.  I would guess that's true because of what I've learned about the way fruit digests when eaten by itself; I think the stomach metabolizes it very fast in a way which has a positive effect on weight loss.  It could also mean that I haven't read the book enough!
I'm considering trying eating this way, as I did by accident yesterday with the exception of  probably 1/4 cup of garlic soup I tried after making a batch for this week.  But if I commit to eating fruit only at night (I don't have a problem with breakfast), I want to do it the right way, to hopefully see some killer results!  Let me know what you all think.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

good question Manda but for me to "hold me over"I have to have beans  :angel:
and I  read that after fruit was consumed then you can have beans etc both from the beg post and then in the book  :blush: but maybe I am wrong so0000000000
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Guys,

Last week when I had to go to TGH I was only eating fruit for breakfast and dinner and I lost more weight than I usually do...I know I need to change my ticker...the blasted thing won't accept my pin number.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

The way I understood it from the other post, Roger said that it was just fruit at breakfast and dinner.  He said that was what the First magazine article was talking about.  We haven't experienced that kind of super weight loss as the article talked about because of eating other foods with breakfast and dinner.  Maybe Roger could correct this, if I misunderstood.

I pretty much did this yesterday, except for a little soup I'd been making that afternoon.  You have to taste it to make sure it's right.  Right??  I know we aren't supposed to weigh every day, but for this experiment I'm going to.  I did drop a pound from yesterday -- so, we might be on to something.  Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah.  Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah.  Hey, Hey, Hey.  Goodbye.  I just have to sing that after each pound goes away!!  :tongue:
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

ok so then if I understand this right, I blew this am with the smidge of beans in the smoothie but I can have beans in my schloop for lunch ( cos this is whats in there anyways and Im eatin it cos thats what Ive made and planned) but I am on for the dinner plan
Amen. ~*~Image
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Julie
I am starting today with the pure way as you posted.  We all stray and get stalled.  I know that God will give me the strength to do it.  I had cantalope this am and going to have chicken and veggies for lunch.  I tend to eat to much beef.  going to change
Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Girls,
Cool Thread. I look forward to reading the results from this.  I totally believe the support of the group is what will help you all achieve your goals.  I may have to bite the bullet and join in considering we are going on a cruise in November and I am at the top end of my weight comfort zone right now.  I prefer to be at the lower end.  My problem is my clothes all still fit comfortably so its hard to be motivated.  I love that you are posting your menus in one place.  The thought of checking everyones journals is overwhelming to me.  Sometimes the biggest road block for me doing LDL is thinking of what I want to eat.  
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Shera

Post by Shera »

My plan for the day...
B.....cantaloupe, cherry smoothie
L.....split pea soup, tuna on green salad b/c on side, 4 bean salad.
D.....another smoothie

I will edit this if I have to have a snack.

Sheral
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

I'm in starting today.  My posts will still need to be short and sweet...still thumbing them.

BF- Blueberry Pie and a cup of coffee.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I will put my menu's in my journal like usual.  I always write all kinds of other stuff too that we don't need in this thread.  Day 2 for me, yippee!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Everyone! 

This is going to be easy breezy with all of you by my side. Just popped in at Lunch to put in my food stuff. I will respond more directly later when I have time at home.

BTW --- I am 1.2 lbs less today - that's only after one day!  I KNOW this is going to be outstanding.  *woot* *woot*

Brooklyn Julie
Tuesday Day 2
Exercise:
AM: 200 Crunches
PM: Glider 30  minutes

BF : Apple
L: Large chiken breast on the bone baked w EVOO/ no skin with Broccoli and butter bean mash
D: Watermelon

Lots o' water

Back to work -- XOXO
Julie :rose:
powder99

Post by powder99 »

Hello
I have been "almost pure" since I started about 45 days ago. I have had 1 diet coke and once I ate protein once for supper. I had been eating "fake crab" but it was pointed out that it had sugar.
I am pleased with the results. I do eat a lot and perhaps it won't be long before I have to cut back a bit to keep the evil scale traveling in the right direction. I am psychologically prepped to accept that this next weigh in might disappoint. However, I can see that the inches have fallen off my gut and that means more.
I started the "Learn to Run" program at the same time. It starts off slow. This week I am running 28 min x 3 times a week. Next week is the last of the beginning sections. I will be running 3 x 30 min during the winter. I also go for a good hike several times a week and this will change to snowshoeing in the winter. When school starts back up, I will be doing my training for ski season. I bought a ski machine. Not the type that imitates cross-country. This one simulates downhill skiing. If you put some serious effort into it the burn is insane. I could not use it last year due to health issues. I had purchased it the year before. When I started the ski season, I was blown away how much the ski machine had helped my skiing. I have considered ttapping as suggested by Kathie.
So, I am going to do my best to stay pure and keep up with the exercises. I suspect life will get in the way on occasion but I will minimize the damage done.
Count me in.
Jim
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

I am posting my foods for this in my food journal as well (since I started the LD pure way again yesterday) and one food journal posting point for me is enough!!!  Having my lunch now .... mmmmmm

We are all back on track and on our way again!!!  Here is wishing us all a wonderful journey!
Lisa
Shera

Post by Shera »

Hey Jim! Glad you joined us here.  You do stay really true to the LDL already so it will be interesting to see what happens for you. And all that exercise..... :blink:  my goodness!

Sheral
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

OK...for today

Breakfast:  A banana

Lunch:  Two bowls of schloop (my picky eater actually asked for seconds)

Dinner:  Mixed fruit (that's the plan anyway)

CQ
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Kathy,
I hope you consider at some point during the day pasting and copying the food you eat from your journal into this thread for those of us who dont visit journals.  I love reading everyones menus and I'd like to see what youre eating as well but time doesnt permit me to sit here  reading journals!!!
Debbie
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Jeez guys -- I thought I could get away w/only posting to the journal.... but ok here is today
Aug 4th
BF - Cherry Tomatoes (had to eat some of them about 10 getting too ripe), Banana
Lunch - Sauteed Cajun Shrimp in olive oil w/yellow squash (that I made on Sunday), refried beans, and side green been tomato salad (all LDL spices etc)
Dinner - Cherries and some sauteed zuchinni (I am almost out of fruit!-need to go tomorrow and get more)
Last edited by LMSP on August 5th, 2009, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I find that I only maintain when I deviate from Roger's core plan - 2 fruit meals and one heavy protein meal.

B: 20 bing cherries and 1 banana
L: Schloop (God that's good), 1 turkey burger and one peach
D: Fruit salad - watermelon, nectaries, grapes, etc.