Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
powder99

Re: Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Post by powder99 »

Shera wrote:Thanks Lisa and yes, I do love this program. It's so simple and yet it works.......go figure!

Sheral

Right on Sheral. You are giving eating pure a good name. 24 pounds is a significant accomplishment.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Today, 8/5
b- smoothie of grapefruit, diet lemonade, frozen 1/2 banana, frozen strawberries, frozen watermelon, coffee with ff milk
l- salad with all kinds of veggie, topped with bean salad and ff balsamic dressing, egg, diet coke (bad, I know...I have only had 3 diet cokes since May 24th)
d- grapes, cherries, raw carrots and radishes, 1 ear of corn, water, corn thins

dang corn thins!  :'(
Last edited by turkkm on August 5th, 2009, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Kero
New, but learning

Post by Kero »

I've gotten a little confused about eating LDL "pure" in the sense that there seem to be places in the new edition of the book (which I just got in July) that mention satisfying urges with fruit -- which, to me, implies that if I get the munchies in the middle of the morning or mid-afternoon, I could eat some grapes or an apple or something along those lines. Then, in this initial posting, it looks like it's NOT okay to eat between meals at ALL if I want to eat LDL pure. Have I misinterpreted something somewhere along the line?? I know there have been times when I do know I "shouldn't" be eating, and instead of being REALLY bad, I eat something that's on the "okay" list, but maybe more than would be best... Advice? Suggestions? Comments?
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Kero,

Nice to hear from you. The beginning post is what I have taken from the book and that is the Purest form of LDL as Roger has laid out.  :thumbsup:

In another topic we mentioned that some of us felt a little disheartened bc we were not losing 12 lbs a week as a recent article stated (even though we should be celebrating what we were losing and more importantly how great we were feeling).  Roger had reminded us that we really should only be eating the way he laid it out on page 43 in the book (the same info in the top post) if we wanted those kinds of results. So we thought --- what the heck! We would give it a try for a couple of weeks to see if our results improved and if some people would be able to un - stall their efforts.

Having said that it is up to you if you want to follow this or not. If you are hungry  - eat!  As long as you are within the LDL guidelines, you are fine. No reason to push yourself harder. You will still get fabulous results and possibly stay with LDL for life since you will not feel deprived.

Think of what we have going on here as LDL Hard Core  or LDL Boot Camp   !  I don't know if anyone will sustain this beyond the 2 weeks. It could depend on their individual results.  But from the look of the posts, it seems like it is a great way to get back to basics. Some of us had been adding some things to our diets that may have been suspect (I will not reveal any names here - but you know who you are!).

So let us know how you are doing!  I KNOW LDL will give you the energy and the strength to make your goals a reality.

Julie :rose:
powder99

Post by powder99 »

Eating Pure: to me it means eating fruit except at lunch. I never deny myself fruit if I am hungry. I don't eat fruit when it is getting  close to lunch as my lunch requires a big empty spot in the stomach. Normally, I have 2 snacks of fruit a day as well as fruit for breakfast and supper. If I get hungry I tend to have a banana. I did eat Wassa Light crackers a few times but I am off them for this  test of purity.
Jim
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Shera wrote:Today was my weigh in day.....(drum roll)......another 8 lbs. lost for a total of 24.5!
In 2 months......I am still just amazed and extremely pleased to have found LDL, and I would like to say a big thank you for the support shown here on the board.
Sheral

Hey Sheral, I just had to pop back on here tonight BC I didn't tell you how fabulous you are!  That is really awesome news!  :thumbsup:  And I agree with you. I KNOW I could not keep doing this program as faithfully as I do without all the support from all of you.  *love*  Can't wait to hear more of your progress.  Did you post on the success stories? I know everyone will be inspired by your great results.

Hey Trish - I thought the same thing when I read their diet plan. Is it me or is everyone trying to copy LDL? It sure seems that way!

Julie  :rose:
powder99

Post by powder99 »

My menu:
August 5, 2009
B: 2 bananas
S: None
L: Pork tenderloin. Shrimp. Mushrooms, peppers, and zucchini. I cooked the veggies in a small amount of olive oil. When they were about 1/2 done, I put the shrimp on top of the veggies, put the lid on, and let them steam. Yum.
S: None.
D: Smoothie
S: Cherries. Watermelon

This morning I set off to do Walk 1/ Run 7 Repeat 4 times. When I had finished the last set I kept running. I kept running back to my house which meant I just did my first 5 km (3 miles). Just as I got to end I glanced down at my timer and I was a couple seconds short of and extra 7 min.
I also did my 6.25 km (4 mile) hike up Mt. Baldie. We seemed to do that about as quick as we ever have.
Today was a very good day!
Last edited by powder99 on August 6th, 2009, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shera

Post by Shera »

Jim and Julie,
  Thanks for the encouragment. I really am giving LDL Pure my best shot this month, in a way it is very freeing to get down to the very basics and to eat very simple food.

Sheral
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Well guys...I am out of the only fruit for dinner...dh insists that I eat what I'm feeding everyone and that I keep doing the LDL healthy meals for dinner...his exact words last night.."Your eating the soup.". Sooo, blessings to all ya'll.  I am going to be very careful to stick with only LDL though to see if I can get that little extra weight off.

Blessings,
Julie
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Almost pure today.  I did walk quite abit.
b-cantalope and berrypie
l-grilled porkchop, corn, carrots and salad.  I think the not so pure was the porkchop first since starting ldl and the carrots were sweet I think they added sugar so I left them.
D- homemade chile bean soup and watermelon.  I used some leftovers in it and there was a very small amount of meat(LDL) in it.
Trying to stay with it.
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Aug 6th -- Another Pure LDL Day on it's way
BF - Cherries
Lunch - small bowl of homemade veggie/bean chili, hamburger (no bun) w/low sugar ketchup and onion, and side of refried beans
Dinner: grapes, little popcorn
Last edited by LMSP on August 6th, 2009, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tressa
New, but learning

Post by tressa »

I am so excited to start this!!  I am going to go to the grocery store tomorrow and get everything I need for a couple of weeks and get started!!  So excited!!! ;D
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

I also wanted to add for all of the newcomers reading this post, it is very important that you eat any and all LDL foods any time of the day when you are just starting the program.  Whenever you are craving something, you need to eat as much LDL foods as it takes for the cravings to go away.  If your body is used to eating breads and pastas all day long, it is very unlikely that you will succeed by making such a drastic change to only fruits and breakfast and dinner.  You should add in beans and eggs for breaksfast if you are craving more than fruit, and lots of veggies, corn, more beans, and soups for dinner as well as plenty of protein at lunch.  The reason that this plan works, is that there are plenty of foods that do a very good job of taking away our cravings for bad, fattening foods.  But if you try to only eat fruit when you are craving a bowl of spaghetti or a piece of pizza, eventually you will give in to your cravings.
Over time, your body will happily accept the change to eating more fruits by themself, but let your body tell you when that time is.  It's taken me about 3 weeks, some people I'm sure are faster, others are slower.  But if you rush the program in attempt to lose a couple extra pounds quick, you will likely fail.

I'm still not at a point where I eat only fruit at dinner, but I'm getting to a place where I think I can try it if I decide I want to.  But I'm happy with my progress, and I'm really happy that i don't crave pizza, chips and salsa, and cheese anymore.  So good luck to everyone just starting out, this is an amazing place for support and encouragement!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
vleller

Post by vleller »

Can I jump on board too?  I "think" I've been eating basically LDL, but a little tweaking and focusing will prove it on the scales.  

Like Little Mary quoted her son,  "reed the ingreedients".  Amazing what they can sneak in.  I was fixing my smoothie the other morning and noticed the peaches I was spooning out of the jar in natural juice were from China!!!   :wrong: Now, why would I buy fruit from China when it's in the markets FRESH now??!! :wacko: :wacko:

I haven't been journaling as I don't want to add stress to myself when I don't reach a goal that I have set in my head.  I've done that before, got discouraged and quit!!  I know my triggers and limits.  I'm keeping the Faith and just keeping on with LDL.

Thus said,
B = peach/apple/banana pie w/cinnamon and Truvia sprinkled
L = baked chicken with evoo and seasonings, lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, carrots, red cabbage
D = smoothie

And thanks for the reminder about the rebounder. . .I really like mine and just forget to go downstairs and "play" on it.  My grandkids call it my "toy" and they jump on it.  It helps the "sitis's" that come visit.

Thanks for starting this LDL boot camp.

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Last edited by vleller on August 6th, 2009, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

This way of eating is so good.  I had strawberries, raspberries, papaya and grapes for breakfast today.  Since Monday I've lost two pounds doing just fruit for breakfast and dinner.  My lunches are veggies and bean soups.  I love those creamy bean soups.  I keep meaning to fix a more complete protein at lunch, but heating up the soup is just so easy.  I walked 80 minutes this morning.  I've lost 13 lbs. so far, but looking in the mirror shows me that this is solid weight.  My husband feels like he has a new wife.  *love* :inlove:  I told him to get ready for another new one in a few months. :D 

I think the confidence I feel that I really can get this weight off is best of all.  It felt so impossible before.  Now when I lose a pound, I just feel like it is gone for good and my body will never be that weight again.  The food is satisfying and not "diet" food.  The food has taste and texture.  I love creamy texture and that feels fattening, but isn't.  It is also nice to have enough confidence to share it with others.  I love encouraging others to be the best they can be.  Believe me, I'm sharing with friends and loved ones about LDL because I feel so blessed by it. 
Shera

Post by Shera »

Great day yesterday, kept strictly to my menu.
Today-
B...watermelon, cantaloupe, banana smoothie
L...4 bean salad, refried beans with 2 eggs on top, assorted squash stir fried with onion and tomato in a splash of evoo.
D...banana, cherry smoothie. cantaloupe
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Everyone,

It's lunch time for me and I just thought I would check in with my peeps!  It sounds like you are all doing great!  I hear excitement and that is what this is all about!  We have all had success following LDL and not just the weight loss but also in our outlook and in our overall health. But sometimes you just have to shake things up a bit.

I was making butter bean mash last night to take for Lunch today and I was hungry - and I had to go back to the book again!  It does say
if you are still hungry after eating the fruit, then you may have acceptable soups, salads, corn. beans, peas until satisfied. . So even though I had some beans, I still consider it a PURE Day. Julie - that means you were ok with the soup too! 

BF- 2 travel applesauce (slightly frozen - comes out like a slushi)  Was still hungry so I had an apple too about 15 minutes later
L - Turkey, Butter beans, artichoke
D - watermelon

Glider tonight 20 min

Jim, you put me to shame with the kick butt exercise you did - BRAVO!  :thumbsup:
Doodle, please make sure to add protein to your lunch!  It sounds like you are doing great and I want you with us for the long haul. You need protein for your body to stay healthy. So happy about your great success!  :cool:
Lynn, Happy to have you with us!  And I agree on the ingredients. I could not believe that PURE Vanilla extract has sugar listed as an ingredient. What is the PURE on there for anyway?  :shock:

For all of us:  *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*

So glad we are doing this together. Can't wait to see how it continues. Love you guys - mean it!  *love*

isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

so yesterday I was pure ALL DAY  :thumbsup: for dinner I had some cherries and some melons( cantelope/honeydew, at least I THINK I had melon too  *woot* )

I cant recall much about that event as I kinda over medicated my kitty with ivermectin paste and had to rush him to the vet to get meds so he dont get worse  :'( so today I am coddlin him and encouragement feeding( tryin to get him to take in as much fluids as possible to help flush him out)

today is as follows:

Breakfast-9:00am-10:00am
cantelope, honeydew, whole pink grapefruit
green tea

Lunch:12:30pm-1:30pm
2 med southwestern burgers
some cabbage shredded
sofrito on top
corn on cob with ICBNB and lime/salt
green tea

Dinner- 4:00-5:00pm if not later
I am making blueberry pie

Miss Lynn *hug* *hug* *hug* miss you

~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Sorry about your kitty, Trish.  Hope things are better. Meanwhile it sounds like you deeply entrenched in LDL boot camp.

XOXO,
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Today's menu:

Breakfast:  A banana

Lunch:  Soup with a grilled chicken breast

Dinner:  Mixed fruit