Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Kero
New, but learning

Re: Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Post by Kero »

Lesson Learned the Hard Way.....

One thing I realized, when I began to think about whether I'm actually eating "pure" or not, is that I "assume" I remember what the book says and have --more often than I care to remember -- been wrong. So, it's back to keeping the book RIGHT where I can find it whenever I plan what I'm going to eat! The second thing is that I'm sure there are times when I've UNINTENTIONALLY sabotaged myself...

For instance, I have been VERY careful about reading labels when I pick something up at the store that hasn't already been approved by LDL. Knowing that garbanzo beans/chick peas are a great LDL staple, when I ran into the grocery store to get something for lunch because I'd forgotten to take anything with me when I left home, I carefully read and selected a container of organic vegan hummus and some sliced carrots and celery, thinking I was being SO good... yep, I can hear some of you groaning already... I was thinking about it this morning and realized one of the ingredients is organic tahini. Well, I wasn't really sure what tahini is, so I googled it and, to my great dismay, read that it's sesame seed/oil paste! ARRGGHHHHH!  :shock: So I've been scarfing down this yummy hummus that's LOADED with BADBADBAD ingredients!!

However, whenever something like this happens, rather than defaulting to the "verbal cutting" that has long been my response to such situations, I am now trying to figure out what the lessons are. I think I pretty much need to stick to the LDL make-it-from-scratch recipes in the book and on the message boards unless I am absolutely certain I know exactly what EVERY ingredient is! Oh yes... and taking time to prepare food AHEAD of time AND putting a reminder sticky on the front door so I don't walk out without it!! One thing for sure... tomorrow will be a fruit-flush day for me!!  :blush:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie, I know you are right about the protein.  I've just been a little lazy about cooking it.  I didn't eat it at lunch today, had bean soup, because I was maybe going out with my husband to New Orleans to take someone to dinner (sort of business related.)  I would have to do LDL lunch at dinner.  Looks like the sitter can't make it to stay with my mom, so I probably won't be going along.  I'm OK with that, but now I wish I'd have eaten the more complete protein for lunch.  Not sure what I'm going to do for dinner.  Might do fruit and just make sure to have chicken or tuna tomorrow for lunch.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

CodingQueen wrote:Today's menu:
Breakfast:  A banana
Lunch:  Soup with a grilled chicken breast
Dinner:  Mixed fruit

CQ,

Are you eating enough?  Your menu looks a little lite to me - not that I'm an expert or anything!

Kero - yep - things can keep sneaking up on you. We have all been surprised at one time or another by what we thought was an ok food. Don't beat yourself up about it. I know the Tahini was not LDL but as things go, it is not that bad. Just plan ahead for yourself. The worse thing is to not have the right foods on hand. And I agree with you - fresh made is the best.

Julie :rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

OK, I am flunking pure LDL.  :'(  I keep eating gobs of corn thins!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

You can do it Kathie!!  I never got the Corn Thins, yet, and I think I'm not going to get started on them for now.  I've read a few times that people feel like maybe they aren't losing weight because of them. 

Oh, I wore a smaller size pair of jeans today.  Yeah! :D  I've lost 2 lbs. since eating just fruit for breakfast and dinner (since Monday).  I'm measuring my waist and that has gone down about 5 inches, since I started measuring.  I didn't measure before I started LDL, though.  I keep getting amazed on this new way of eating. 

I am going to eat a more complete protein tomorrow.  I got all the ingredients to make Tyra's Taco Salad.  That sounds so good, and I loved Taco Bell's taco salad before LDL.  So, tomorrow for lunch, I'll do that.  I also have some Taco Soup in the freezer.  I just might thaw a little to go with it, but I probably don't need so much protein. 

I needed more fruit, so I went to WalMart tonight.  The green grapes were $1.00 a lb.  I love grapes!  Got some blueberries and a watermelon too.  Oops! I forgot the bananas!  I love being able to eat fruit again!!  (and not feel guilty!)
powder99

Post by powder99 »

August 6, 2009

B: Smoothie
S: None
L: Chili and corn on the cob.
D: Banana
S: Watermelon

Too hot for the hike early in the day and I got too busy. My only exercise was a walk.
vleller

Post by vleller »

Jim, too hot?  In BC?  :blink: Keeping it in prospective, for you it's hot; for me in the deep South, it'd prolly be balmy; for my DD in Phoenix, your weather might be heavenly.  :angel:  We're gonna be  *evil* HOT this weekend and this adopted Southern belle is gonna be "glistening profusely" with moisture while sitting out on the porch at the lake.

Kathie, get rid of the corn thins hon!  I've read on LDL that so many ppl are saying those things just sabotage their journey.  I have some but don't eat them too often.

Now for today's planned foods:

B = fruit w/ FF cottage cheese and cinnamon sprinkled over all
lil' bit of Pomegranate juice
L = will be baked chicken, pintos, and corn on the cob
D = smoothie

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

yup Kathie, hide the corn thins they are PURELY EVIL  :drool:
I found that out this last time with them and tuscan bean dip/spread I didnt know when enuff was enuff and thats all I was eatin  :rolleyes:

Ooooooooooo Jim, I think I wanna come to BC cos I am a Florida gal transplanted in GA * by choice* and lemme tell ya what, this heat  :sad:  :bomb: wheweee I went to the river today and the river was WARM  :shocked:

so as for my kitta, he is much much betta, thanks  :inlove:

now here is the dealio,

we are goin out [glow=red,2,300]I THINK[/glow] tonight, the once a week thing I have turned into onst a month  :angel: too much drama at my age to go more than that

so, I am plannin on havin some merlot with diet soda tonite( a merlot spritzer) I am gonna take me some sprite zero and some grapes too  ;D limit to 2 glasses merlot and mix with the soda hows that?

Today has been as follows:

Breakie: 9:00am
blueberry pie and cherries
green tea

took the dogs to the river today and swam a lil bit ( not really but my female did and I got drowned a time or ten)

came home and just NOW eatin lunch
1:00pmish

southwest burgers
3 bean salad( I use the canned 3bean mix, drain and rinse real real good, then add minced red onion, extra lite virgin olive oil, red wine pomegrante vinegar, salt, pepper and truvia)

Dinner:
I am gonna eat some fruit before we go out to eat and then eat a salad or vege's dependin on where we go, if we go to the chinese buffet I am gonna stock on fruit and salad and maybe some cabbage

either way another PURE LDL DAY
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Kathi -- I know the hardest part is no corn thins for a while..... I just got a new case too  :sad:...

But I have to wonder for me if corn in general stalls my progress.  It seems that since all the corn has come to the farms here for a while I was eating at least 3 ears a day... I don't add anything just some salt, I don't need butter or oil etc.  But seems during those days (week, weeks) I stalled a bit.  So this is a good test for me.

However once I see how this goes I will add the corn thins back in but just 3-4 a week --  if I want them --to see if that was it or not. 

Have a great weekend!
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

ok, no more corn thins!  :stop:  I don't know when enough is enough either!  It is just too darn easy for me to overeat them.  I hope popcorn is still ok.  Has anyone found popcorn to stall them?  
Last edited by turkkm on August 7th, 2009, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

are corn thins not pure LDL ? 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Budddiiiieeesss!

Happy Friday!

I'm with you on the corn thingys. One or two was never enough and then my body said NO! :stop: and I broke out in hives!  So I am off anything corn for a while until I reset my system.

I started giving them to my son. I only give him one pack at a time as it is painful to let them go in larger quantities - sorta like saying "I can NEVAH have them again."  I am not ready to admit that but it might be the case.  :'(

So here is how my day it going

BF 1 1/2 pears + 1 applesauce (I found out that I like pears - never had them before!)
L Tilapia, broccoli and carrots baked with garlic and EVOO
D Probably a salad as we are going to see Julie and Julia Maybe I will be inspried to cook more often! She is my namesake afterall!

No glider, I think, tonight - may be too late. Also noticed my middle expanding too easily today since I haven't done the crunches in 2 days (Wow - how quick  :tongue: )

I am feeling full of pepper today!  Don't know why but I'll take it! Hey maybe the toxins are finally out of my body. I am still reacting but oh so lightly compared to what it was before!

Have a great night everyone!

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight - get down tonight - hey yeah, hey yeah, hey yeah, get down tonight, baby!
XOXO,
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Today's menu

Breakfast:  A banana (I know, I'm going to turn into a monkey)

Lunch:  A cup of soup, steak, corn on the cob and a salad

Dinner:  Mixed fruit
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey T -  I'm not sure. I would have to look in the book. IF it is ok then it is at then end after you have eaten EVERYTHING that is allowable and then you are still hungry. Take a look at pg 43 and see if they are mentioned specifically. But most of us have noticed that they do stall us when we have them and probably bc we cannot eat just one. I think they kick in some snacking gene that is laying dormant with LDL.

I hate to venture into this area as I KNOW I will get some flack for it BUT, I believe some of us are CARB sensitive and maybe have a threshold of allowable carbs. When we reach that, we stall.  :thumbdown: If we go below that, we lose.  :thumbsup: 
I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT WE ALL START COUNTING CARBS. That's another program.  :laughing:
I'm just saying and I'm just noticing ---

powder99

Post by powder99 »

August 7, 2009

B: Banana
L: Lean beef. Zucchini and peppers and beans.
S: Banana
D: Smoothie
S: Banana

Did my run today 4 x 7 min of running with a 1 min break. I did 5 sets instead and skipped the last break. Did my 5 km (3 miles). Can't do any more as I am off to visit my daughter. Long drive (18 hours including ferry) - I take it over 2 days. My daughter would beat me if I got hurt in a car accident.
I know I weighed myself nearly 2 weeks early but I won't be home on weigh-in day and I don't want to use "any old scale." But I did drop 6 more pounds of fat so that is a good thing!
Jim
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Wow Jim,

That's awesome!  You are almost half way to your goal! Your exercise schedule is admirable!

powder99

Post by powder99 »

julie409 wrote:Wow Jim,

That's awesome!  You are almost half way to your goal! Your exercise schedule is admirable!

Hey Julie
I caught up to you. Thanks for the encouragement. I was talking to the wife of a good friend. He never said anything to me but he told his wife, "Jim is sure losing his gut quickly." He hikes LOTS and I have to give him credit for getting me doing a few. If he asks about LDL, I will buy him a copy of the book. I will just say, "Keep your eye on the mail!" I know my secretary is going to notice as she works so hard to lose weight and is having trouble just staying even. Her genetics are fighting her - her entire family is very obese and she is maybe 10- 15 pounds more than she would want to me. She does cardio for about 6 hours per week. I know LDL would be perfect for her.
Be happy
Jim
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Thanks Little Mary    I am trying to stay pure it is hard.  One thing I have noticed this last week is that I don't seem to have the need to snack YAH  I usually snack when bored.
thursday  B cantalope and egg on two cornthins
              L grilled chicken salad with ff dressing on side couldn't eat it all
              D tostatas LDL and alot alot of cantalope  sweetes ever tasted couldn't stop
It was a good day
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Day 5 -- Breakfast was so colorful -- green grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and a banana.
            Lunch -- Mexican fiesta!  I had Tyra's Taco Salad and Taco Soup.
            (See, Julie, I listened to you!  I made sure to eat some complete protein.)
            Dinner -- I'll have watermelon, papaya, grapes, cherries, and whatever other fruit my heart desires.

I've noticed that though I've only lost 13 lbs. at this point, they are solid pounds.  :thumbsup: I know they are gone forever.  I've benefited a lot from the exercise I've been doing.  Before, I hadn't been exercising in a while.  I love my morning walks and I know the Total Gym workout is helping tone those muscles, because I can see the difference.  If I can lose 1 or 2 pounds a week, I'll be more than satisfied.  Even when the scale doesn't register a loss of weight, your body is shifting the weight in good ways (from fat to muscle).  I want to be strong and realize that muscle weighs more than fat.  Think about this.  I've lost 13 lbs. that the scale registers, but I'm certain I've gained muscle weight -- so that means that I have lost more than 13 lbs. of fat.  Really think about that before you become discouraged that the scale didn't register a loss in weight.  If you are exercising, especially weight training, you don't want to lose muscle.  You want to lose fat and gain muscle.  When the scale doesn't register a loss of weight, that doesn't mean you haven't lost fat.  That is why you can't get so caught up in a number on a scale.  It does measure progress to a point, but you want to do more than lose weight.  You want to be stronger and healthier.  You can lose weight really fast by cutting off a leg :shock:, but do you really want to do that?  :D