Pushed off the wagon by a broken freezer...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Danny
New, but learning

Pushed off the wagon by a broken freezer...

Post by Danny »

Hi fellow LDLers! My names Dan, I've been on LDL for almost two weeks now and I've been doin great! I love it and my mom my aunt and my uncle are with me on it! Well last night we found our freezer had shut down... And mom was away. So I ended up cooking about 40 pounds of pizza, chicken, pork, ground beef, hamburgers, and tarts last night. Well I was the only one there and there was deliciouse food every where and I wasn't in the mood for grapes and beans were too much work (I argued in my head) so i picked a little, then i picked a little more, and then I picked half a pizza and a slab of pork. I felt horrible going to sleep last night and I still feel horrible... I kinda feel like i lost the spark...
bamaluvr

Re: Pushed off the wagon by a broken freezer...

Post by bamaluvr »

Dan, sorry you feel bad, but like Roger said you can still get back on the train again. You will do good. Your body will thank you for starting again. Good Luck........have a great weekend

Maybe you could have asked a neighbor or family member to have stored the food until you had fixed the problem with your freezer.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
Jeni
New, but learning

Post by Jeni »

That's right! Get right back on. It is AMAZING how great it works.  :D

The good news here, Danny, is that you no longer have a freezer full of frozen fattening foods... when it gets fixed (or you get a new one) you can fill it with good stuff, and not have the precious space taken up by old-you stuff. How great is THAT?

Don't be too tough on yourself - but at the same time, show yourself some tough love! You can do it once you make up your mind to really go for it! I KNOW you can!

:thumbsup:

Cheers
Regards,

Jeni

Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Danny, what a wonderful son/nephew you are to take the time to cook all that food that would have spoiled and been thrown out.  I had to do the same thing a few months ago and I found the hardest thing to do was to figure out what to make with all of the food I cooked.  Had I been on LDL at the time, I would have known to use it for soups (aren't LDL ones the best?), salads, etc.

I know the temptation to eat the pizza was just too much for you, but one nice thing about LDL is you can go right back to it and continue to lose weight. One day off the wagon does not make you a quitter. Remember, we are all here for you.

VickiLynn
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

Thanks guys!! Thats an awsome point Jeni, I'll talk to my parents about that. Haha yeah i think I'll get right on cookin that pizza soup as a just-in-case. LDL soups are the best *woot*! My whole family adores them. Fortunatly we bought a new freezer today and most the food I cooked can be converted to LDL friendly foods, the pizzas we can give away. Well now I'm readier than ever! I'm gonna go get my exercise in (I initially skipped it today)! Thanks to all of you, I Do WANT TO DO IT! Therefore I CAN!  ;D
Jeni
New, but learning

Post by Jeni »

Go, Danny, Go!!!  ;D
Regards,

Jeni

bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Dan, I'm so very proud of you. Keep doing LDL and you will reach your goal.  Gotta love that pizza soup...yum
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Danny
You can do it.  Believe me as a Granny it works.  I have been heavy all my life and wish there had been a program like this when I was 14.  You will lose the cravings it just takes time and will power to say no.  When your body gets all cleaned out of the toxins you will not even like the taste of the junk food.  It is just a habit.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
rodie

Post by rodie »

Way to go Danny,you CAN do this,1 day at a time,1 lb at a time,just like the little train chugging up that hill " I think I can,I think I can" Hey we all know you can!
Have a good Labor Day,
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
michelevalencia
New, but learning

Post by michelevalencia »

Danny,

Just having the courage to admit your Oops moment shows that you have the courage to get back on the wagon, backed by all the support of your fellow LDL'ers. If there is one thing I have noticed about this message board, it's that we don't have to be afraid of making or admitting our mistakes, because we are not alone in it. There is so much love and support here, albeit sometimes tough love because everyone knows how Roger Troy and now countless others have seen vast improvements in their lives due to LDL, and they want the same for us newbies!!!

Congrats on getting right on making that pizza soup. I think I will make it myself this weekend!

Less of me, more of HIM!
In Christ,

Michele
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Dan, you too can do this.....I fell off the train when I went to see my sister and as soon as I got home I re-started the next day........just got back from being in the mountains for the long week-end (Friday - Monday) and I stayed on plan 100%......It only takes a little while for you to lose all of your cravings.....stick with it and you will see results....

Cookie
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Danny, Now that your freezer is full of grapes, go to your cupboard and give away or throw away any chips, crackers and greasy junk food.  Replace them with cans of beans and corn thins.  I personally love the corn thins.  Also for a snack you can eat dry roasted Edamame beans.  Crunchy tasty little things.  
At first it may be hard to think of stuff to eat.  Take it one day at a time. one recipe at a time.  Before you know it you will need to buy new clothes.
Another note is to take your measurements.  The scale could lie to you, but the inches around you will not lie.  You will need this when you are feeling low.   And feel free to post any time, good or bad, but especially the good. :)
Being that you are still in school you might ask the lunch lady if you could warm up your soups in the kitchen.  You would take a frozen soup to school and microwave it for lunch.  The soup will act as an ice pack to keep other things in your lunch cold.  This way you would have a variety of lunch foods to eat. 
Last edited by Sneaky Snoopy on September 8th, 2009, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Danny - you're awesome!  :cool:

The payoff for sticking with LDL will be yours for a lifetime!  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose: