Let me introduce myself :-)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Bethann
Master Member

Let me introduce myself :-)

Post by Bethann »

Hi, This is my 3rd day doing LDL! I am enjoying it so far! :-) I have been considering this for some time but am ready now to put it to practise! I want to be involved with the LDL Community though as I need all the help I can get as I have never been successful at loosing the weight that I should though it is not for lack of trying and sure have prayed a lot. (God has his timing though for everything, right?:-)

I am 55 years old and from North Western Ontario (near Minnesota). Since I have had my 3 children (the oldest is 25) I have not been able to loose weight and now that I am getting older I see health ramifications (such as high blood pressure etc.) and so of course I would like to loose the weight that I should and I am hoping and praying that LDL will be the answer to prayer for me.
I love it that Mr. Wilson donates the proceeds of his book to charity and that God led him to eat this way. It was so encouraging to read that and his story. My faith in Jesus Christ means everything to me.
I am not too good at this internet stuff but I will give this Community a try :-). Thank you for being here! -Until later, Bethann
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Let me introduce myself :-)

Post by MsHeirloom »

Bethann- Congratulations on making the decision to do LDL and for making it through 3 days.  The first few days are, of course, the most difficult as you begin eating the LDL way.  You are going to love this plan and all the supportive and knowledgable members here.  Best wishes for a skinny future!!  Pam
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Welcome! You will find that this community is very supportive and helpful. I wish you the best.

Vicki
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Welcome aboard Bethann!  ;D  We're so happy to have you here. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by MandaM »

Bethann, I'm glad you decided to join us!!! :D
You will love all of the support you can find here.  Once you get familiar with the boards, you should start a food journal.  There are plenty of people that will help you every step of the way to make sure you are eating the right foods, enough of the right foods and at the right times.  This plan is so easy, but part of the ease is everyone here supporting you.  A lot of us also find that it helps to keep you honest, and holds you accountable for staying on the plan.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Welcome on board the train to skinnytown
We are here to support you in any way possible.  Just ask questions and someone will chime in with an answer.  Without this support group I would not have gone so far.  My dieting has always failed.  I am in week 17 and have lost 30 pounds.  I feel so much better and will never go back to the other way of eating.
Welcome again
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Welcome to your new adventure.......I'm sure you will do great.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Welcome Bethann!

I am so happy you made the decision to become involved in LDL.  Did you buy Roger's book?  I hope so because it will tell you why and how LDL works on your body and mind.  See it's not only about losing weight, which you will do, but how to cut out all the cravings you have for processed foods (bad, bad stuff) and especially sugar (the biggest culprit in gaining weight).  All the members on this web site are fantastic -- supportive, funny, honest, generous -- I could go on and on with all their good qualities, but the best thing of all is the friendship they offer.

Vicki
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you for your welcoming and encouraging words everyone!

Yes Vicky, I have the book and have read it a number of times and I keep referring to it. I'll keep studying it! Thank you for mentioning that to me.
Congratulations CL on the 30 pounds you have lost and the encouraging testimony! How wonderful!

I look forward to learning how to do a food journal. I am not too good with computers and internet so it is so good to hear there is help and support!

Looking forward to this learning adventure .... Blessings to you, Bethann
rodie

Post by rodie »

Welcome Bethann and Congratulations on your first 3 days of ldl woe.Some say to take your measurements,I did not but I can sure tell that i have lost inches and well as 21.5 lbs.This has to have been the easiest for me and believe me I've tried EVERYTHING,Weight Watches,low carb etc,plus every gimmick there was out there.
After a short while you will be able to stand back in disbelief and see what your able to achieve eating wonderful,healthy foods.Be sure to come and visit often,I love reading everyones posts,plus if you have a question,be sure just to ask,because one of these ldl losers.lol surely has the answer.
One Step at a time
One lb at a time
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
PS Guess we're neighbors,I'm in Minnesota
redkat

Post by redkat »

Welcome Bethann,

I'm new as well.  Only a couple of weeks under my belt.  I haven't weighed in about 10 days (I'm resisting temptation!), but already FEEL the difference.  

I have gained so much useful information from the wonderful people on this site.  Visit often and read thru as many posts as possible.  Also the recipe pages have so many recipes to make that I was almost overwhelmed wanting to make them all.

Enjoy the ride
Kathy
Kathy
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Welcome to LDL, I never thought that I could stay with a program this long.  I am on my 7 week and have lost 19 lbs.  No question is too silly.  The support is top notch.  Enjoy your new WOE (way of eating).  Drink plenty of water to flush out all the bad toxins in your body.
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Welcome, Welcome Welcome........
You are going to love it hear. Such great support. I have been on LDL since the 2nd week of May and I am almost at my goal. This is the best way to eat.

[move]All aboard the train to SkinnyTown!!![/move]
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Welcome Bethann!