Picture day!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
TRISH

Re: Picture day!

Post by TRISH »

I AM SOOOOOOOOO  GLAD YOU GUYS ARE WITH THIS PICTURE THING.

I WAS GOING TO POST A POST,  IF ANYONE KNEW HOW TO GET A PICTURE DOWNLOATED ON THIS SITE.

COULD SOMEONE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!    PLEASE GIVE US INSTURCTIONS ON HOW TOO !  I

I AM IN WITH THE REST OF THE L D L 'ER.........

TRISH

I HAVE A BEFORE AND AN AFTER I WOULD LIKE TO POST!        *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Trish,

SO glad to hear it. YOu are having great results!  :thumbsup:  Did you start LDL because you read the article in First magazine?  If you did, please check out the other topic I put up about that. Roger could definitely use our help and Before and after photos there as well.

I will try and post the instructions for posting pics as soon as I can. I know they are on here somewhere. Or if someone reading this knows how - please let us know.
Thanks!

Julie :rose:
TRISH

Post by TRISH »

JULIE,

YES, AND I AM GLAD I DID,  I PURCHASE THE MAGAZINE ON THE WAY TO NASHVILLE IN JUNE TO READ ON THE PLANE. I SAVED IT AND PICKED IT UP WHEN I GOT HOME AND SAID THAT CAN NOT BE POSSIBLE.......TO LOOSE LIKE THAT......1 WEEK LATER IF PICKED IT UP AGAIN AND SAID WHAT DO I HAVE TO LOOSE.....BUT WEIGHT, I WILL TRY IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN A WEEK.  I LOST 8 LBS. I WAS SOOOOOOOO HAPPY.  I WAS IN AN ACCIDENT 3 YEARS AGO AND GAINED 30 LBS. I NOW HAVE 4 LBS TO GO..... I AM SOOOOO HAPPY.  I CAN NOW CONTINUE MY WEIGHT LOSS.......I WILL LOOK THE OTHER TOPIC UP.  I WAS TRYING TO FIND THE INFO ON POSTING PICS. 

THANKS JULIE

TRISH
            *love*            *hug*
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

I'm in for picture day, too!  :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to putting my photo up and seeing all of y'alls, too! There's just the small, insignificant, trifling matter of how to post it on the boards. I do know it's been posted before and that I have read the instructions, they did not stick to my brain :blink: I'm sure that October 1st there will be a lot more traffic here....that will be very cool!
See you soon,
southernyankee
southernyankee
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I'll try to get my picture posted by then.  It will be fun to see all the pictures.  Joyful Friend
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I promise you guys, I will post the instructions.

Thanks for being up for this. I can't wait to see all of y'all (is that how you say it?  :laughing:) either!

(I'm a Northern Yankee. The only south in my heritage is southern Italy - as in Sicily!)

J :rose:
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

To post photos:  click on General Discussion above, scroll down to Click Here for Photos.  Good luck.

*hug*

Ginny
Last edited by Ginny M. on September 24th, 2009, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southernyankee

Re: Picture day! (Off topic)

Post by southernyankee »

Julie, I was born a Northern Yankee. Never in my wildest imaginings could I have predicted I'd become a southernyankee, but (__????__) decades later, here I am living in Texas and loving it. One of the best parts about it is that you don't have to shovel sunshine  :cool: ....I'm done with snow on the ground, falling snow, snow blizzards, building snow forts in the yard, having snowball fights with my siblings and friends, walking uphill both to-AND-from school in the snow -it sure felt like it lots of days from grades K-12-    :laughing: :    Those are all just memories now. Not to mention, snow is a four letter word  :blush: which is but one of many reasons why I don't miss SNOW but sure do love being a southernyankee.
*hug*
southernyankee
P.S. When I was a little kid I always thought it would be very cool to live in Texas! Guess it was meant to be.
southernyankee
vleller

Post by vleller »

Ok Julie, I bit the bullet and posted a pic of me.  It's from last year as I don't have a more current one handy. . . .I try to be the one taking the pics and not actually be in them.  ;)  I'll take another one on my birthday for an updated pic.

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hey Julie,

what a great idea  :rose:
If you like i can open a new Topic about it with the instruction how to post the pictures and maybe the Admin here on board will just lock it for good..
So everybody can just modify there pics all the time and we can see the progress how everybody is doing...

Chrissy
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Lynn,

It is a beautiful photo!  And it is great to see you!  Thanks for posting your pic!

HI Chrissy,

Thanks for posting the directions in the other topic -  *hug*  I am sure it will help us all.

southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Hello All,
Please help! Last night I tried to post a photo from my computer via Photobucket with no success. I'm glad I tried it early before picture day on Oct. 1st and am hoping to find the instructions posted again in the next week. I would ask that the instructions be given in the simplest, easiest terms, with everything presented step by step. If not, I believe I will only fail in another attempt to get my photo posted.  :sad:
But at least now I'm a little bit familiar with Photobucket (totally new to me) and I have my account set up there with a few photos in an album.

Ginny, I am sorry to say I had no luck with your suggestion: "To post photos:  click on General Discussion above, scroll down to Click Here for Photos.  Good luck"
though I tried every way I could think of to make it work.  :sad:
Thanks, y'all.
southernyankee
southernyankee
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Yank, did you go to "Click Here for Photos" on the General Discussion board, then open the topic, "Posting Tickers and Pictures" ?  It's an illustrated, step-by-step guide. If you have some pics on Photobucket, you're home free.

Could it be your firewall or other security feature is not letting you post pictures?  Can you see other people's pictures?

Don't get stressed about it.  If you want to email me your pix, I will gladly post them for you.  My email address is on my profile.  Click on my picture to get there.  BE SURE TO PUT "LDL" SOMEWHERE IN THE SUBJECT LINE or your email might be deleted as spam.  Just tell me which pix you want where.  Avatar or Gallery?  (Before or During?)  & give me a couple days.  Time ain't exactly growing on trees here! :wacko:

Gwennaford
Last edited by Gwennaford on September 26th, 2009, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

NJ, I love your picture!!  You keep getting cuter and cuter young lady!  I like the red, white and blue too.

I have to admit I wasn't sure I was going to be able to post a new picture.  I thought I knew how but what I knew did not work.  Thanks Chrissy for posting directions.  I needed them.
mrsj
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Gwennaford,
I just PM'd you in answer to your kind offer to post my photo.
Many thanks!
southernyankee
southernyankee
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

PICTURE DAY! ! !WOW -- has everyone seen the new pics in the "DURING" gallery recently?  We're up to 71.

I want to encourage everyone, including the very cute and skinny Ms. EnJae and her darling new puppy (what is its name?) that when updating your pix, to save your previous ones in the "before" or "during" gallery so you can watch your progress over time.

For those of you who are having trouble posting your pics, please make sure your firewall or other security settings will allow what you are trying to do.  Then see these instructions:   http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http://letsdolunch.com/boards2/viewtopic.php?p=45573#p45573

If you still can't get it to work, I'll be glad to post some stuff for you.  Just email me your unedited picture, tell me where you want it posted, & I can crop & compress it for posting.

Raffi also offered her help:  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 919#p62919
and instructions: http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 196#p64196

Last - Don't forget we have SEVEN places were pics are posted:  Profiles; Message Pages; Gallery Before, During, After, & Family; and the "Click here for Photos" tab under General Discussion messages.

I recommend posting in the gallery first, because it lets you upload & copy photos directly from your computer files without going through the online process.  The gallery is very particular about each photo's file size, so if there is a problem getting them resized and compressed I can help with that.

Once your pic is in the gallery, it's a simple matter to open it, right click it, and EITHER:

1.  Scroll down to "Properties".  Locate the Image URL, highlight and copy the entire string to your clipboard.

2. OR scroll down to "Copy Image URL".  Click on it and you're set-- it is already on your clipboard. 

To post it as an avatar, once it's on the clipboard, go into your profile to "Modify Profile Information".  Copy the text string into the box beside the option, "I have my own pic."  Click on update profile at the bottom.  You're done!

*second half of the img code (see below) looks like this: [/img]

To put that same pic into a message, (like in the tab Click Here for Photos) copy your image URL directly into the text box and make sure the text string is between two little [img]  codes.  If the text string for your pic doesn't come with its own [img] code, find the menu button up beside the emoticons that looks like a tiny framed picture.  Click inside the message text box where you want the pic to appear, then click on the tiny photo menu button.  You will see two sets of [img] brackets.  Insert your photo URL code between them.  I can't put the second bracket set here (*see above) because then the computer thinks that what's between them is supposed to be a picture and it gives you the little squiggly symbol that means your pic is messed up.

I suppose this is all clear as mud, but don't stress out over it.  Just ask for help ::thumbsup::
ImageImage
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

EnJae wrote:Well, I have an old picture. Definitely time for an update. I'm in.

NJ!!  Look at your little bitty self!!!  ;D    :thumbsup:  You look fantastic hon!  I love the shirt too!  *HUGS*  You are such an inspiration to me. 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by EnJae »

lol
Gwennie; I'll tell 'Reo that you said he looks younger too.... He's 11yo. And he's been doing LDL with me. He lost 15# by changing his snacking from burgers and fries to popcorn, green beans and bananas.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

AWWW how cute is that?  I'm sorry I didn't recognize 'Reo.  I'd like to take the gracious "out" you gave me, but I must confess to being dumb. 
I thought he was a large black lab and this was maybe one of his puppies.  Well, 'Reo, you certainly wear you age better than I do!

You, too, EnJae.  You won't be able to trade that pink hat for a red one for at least 20 more years.  Nobody would believe you.
ImageImage
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

NJ - WHat a fabulous picture.  You look incredible!  And you do look younger - I would have thought you were a teenager in that photo.  :thumbsup:  Did your face change when you  got rid of the allergens?  I know mine did.  How are you doing with all of that?

Gwen, thanks so much for helping all of us in our attempt to get this done. *hug*  I am going to figure this out - It really bugs me that I cannot. I don't know why but today is the first time I really saw your ticker. OMG! You lost 111 lbs already. That is magnificent!