HELP!!!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cmorgan3

HELP!!!!

Post by cmorgan3 »

I have tried everything!! Health problems prevent me from attempting weight-loss surgery; pain injections (steroids) have caused me to gain 20 lbs. in the last year. My weight is out-of-control, and I'm afraid I'm just eating my way to an early death. I am 60+ years
old with diabetes and hypertension. My present weight has topped out at 260 lbs.!! :'(I've asked God to help me; maybe he's answering my prayers through you!!
cmorgan3

Re:HELP!!!!

Post by cmorgan3 »

Your advice is well taken!  I will check with my doctor, and also purchase the book that you suggested.  Thanks; you WILL hear from me again! :) :)
Last edited by Anonymous on January 5th, 2006, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
churchlady24

Re: HELP!!!!

Post by churchlady24 »

hi cmorgan3. i am 81 years old and
weigh about 205.  i am having cataract
surgury today at 10:30 am.  i am too
old to have bypass surgury but i am
only 5 ft 2.  i really need to get weight off!  i do however
have excellent B/P and hopefully things
will go well today and in the future
maybe we can help each other-i am
convinced weight loss a lot of times
is spiritually based-john hageehas a
new spiritual weight loss thing on his
program and i feel it is just like
cigarettes and drugs-it needs to be in
gods hands(believe i have studied this
weight thing for most of my 81 years.
this lets do lunch is a fine program
and i am happy with it and i bet you
will be also.  you dont have to measure
or remember an awful lot-just eat what
you like and lots of it.  i need to go
now but perhaps we can talk again-i
REALLY do have lots of knowledge and
experience in weight loss and GOD's
GOODNESS-  good luck  churchlady
Last edited by churchlady24 on December 30th, 2005, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
htwfm
New, but learning

Post by htwfm »

Hi cmorgan3,

I do not have any health problems execpt I am overweight.  I have been a
yo-yo dieter for years.  I am convinced that this plan of eating is going
to work for me.  I have eating fruit for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch, and fruit for dinner. I have stayed on this plan only 5 days and I can tell already, I am feeling better. 

We can stay in touch, my weight is close to yours, and I sure could use the support.  Hang in there and God bless. HTWFM
Last edited by Anonymous on January 5th, 2006, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
htwfm
New, but learning

Post by htwfm »

thanks for the information.  I was having soup and salad at lunch and fruit, popcorn for dinner.  I would be starving after work and feel like the fruit was not filling me up.  I will add chicken or fish at night.  I thought we were only allowed fruit at night.  My husband will be glad to hear this also.  HTWFM
runnin momma
New, but learning

Post by runnin momma »

Today is my first day back to work after the holidays. We had a breakfast this morning. I wasn't sure how I would do, so I brought some raspberries, a pear, and some grapes. I did fine focusing on my food and ignoring the breakfast burritos and bagels.

When we sat down for our first meeting, they had little bags of cheese crackers for us. It was easy to give them away as I don't really like them. I found some WASA crackers at Albertsons this morning and I had 2 to help me get by until lunch.

Now everyone else has gone out to lunch. I came home to read the message boards to renew my strength. As I sit here eating corn, green beans, carrots, and some roast, what I really want is chocolate. It is all because of the stress of the first day back. I keep thinking if I eat some, I will "feel better." I guess I need to address the emotional issues first.

I have some cherries I am going to take back with me to snack on later, along with some more raspberries.

Please pray for my resistance to temptation. I have been eating well for 5 days, and I am down 5 pounds. (I know some could be water weight, etc. but I need all the encouragement I can get.) I usually give up by the end of the first week. I know this can work. I think I just have to make sure that I am getting enough to eat. When I get hungry I tend to binge on the bad stuff.

Enough said... Thanks for listening!!  ;)
runnin momma
New, but learning

Post by runnin momma »

Thank you so much for the feedback! I have to admit that I stopped and bought a bag of almond m&m's on my way to my second job. Once I bought them, my obsessing about the chocolate stopped. I decided that I really didn't need the chocolate. When I got to work, I admitted what had happened to my coworkers (who are a great support) and I turned over the bag to them. I had a successful night with a snack that included a little light popcorn, some cherries, and a little bag of raisins. I also started reading the book again to clarify the whole eating plan. You are right about needing to read it more than once. It feels good going to bed knowing I had a successful day. I used to stress and try to plan how I was going to "do better tomorrow."  :)