lasagna

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
runnin momma
New, but learning

lasagna

Post by runnin momma »

My 9 year old and 2 year old sons and I made the lasagna from the book for dinner tonight. It was wonderful!! I have never been one to make anything from scratch. My poor kids have been raised on frozen dinners. This was easy, fun, and we had some wonderful family time. The 2 year old wasn't fond of it, just because he can't stand to eat anything messy. My nine year old and I both enjoyed a second helping. It was an amazing feeling not to have to feel guilty about eating a second helping. My son asked me, "Mom, don't you have to weigh your food anymore or count carbs?" When I told him that I didn't have to do that, he said, "This sounds like a lot more fun." I couldn't agree more!
Tonight I had some rasberries and grapes for a snack. Just last year a trainer at my gym said that grapes were one of the worst foods to eat in the evening because of the sugar.... I guess he didn't stop to think that they are a lot better than the giant bags of chocolate I was devouring instead. I found that it takes longer to eat cold grapes, so I really didn't eat as many as I thought I would. With chocolate, I could eat and eat and eat. It took a whole lot more chocolate for me to feel satisfied.
Thanks for a great program!
htwfm
New, but learning

Re: lasagna

Post by htwfm »

I will try the lasagna, I love the soups in the book.  This is just my fifth day, and i am really exicited about this plan of eating.  I am getting a little hungrier that I want to be at night.  The popcorn seems a little more satisifying than the fruit at night.  Any suggestions.  HTWFM