Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz, Scrapper, Dianalee, Redcat & Country Girl!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz, Scrapper, Dianalee, Redcat & Country Girl!

Post by julie409 »

I know you are out there. Take this from a veteran of 4 months - stop thinking about doing something... just do it (hey that would make a good ad campaign tag line!  :laughing: )

LDL has changed my life. It is not a diet. It cannot compare in any way to any diet plan that I have ever tried. On other plans I have felt deprived, I white knuckled through a few days or weeks until a dinner came along or a special event and in one night all my hard work would begin to unravel.  :thumbdown:

When you start eating the LDL way, there is built in resolve. You do not feel deprived. Roger has given us a food to address every craving. I don't even have cravings. This has never happenned to me. You feel satisfied!  Within a few days, your energy goes through the roof!  You not only have energy to get through your day- you have energy to burn. You feel so good, you WANT to exercise!  

There are also a ton of subtle changes that many of us have noted in other posts, including the disappearance of chin hairs (on women - don't worry men, you can still grow a beard!), banishment of cellulite, flattened bellies, lost inches, better dental checkups, less meds and more fun!   BTW, I have lost 42 lbs since I started and in the past 2 - 3 weeks I have not actually lost any more weight, but my body is adjusting. I see a difference in the way my clothes fit - daily. Pants that were tight 2 wks ago, fit me last week and now are almost too big to wear!  That has never happened to me before, either! :thumbsup:

The time will pass anyway, Wouldn't you rather emerge on the other end of it feeling more alive and healthy than you have in ages? Today is October 1st, a wonderful day for a new beginning. By the New year, you could lose as much as 30 lbs (which a lot of us have done in 3 short months).

Sooooo, what do you say?  Come out and introduce yourself!

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on October 7th, 2009, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Calling all Lurkers!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- Great post!  Congratulations on the removal of 42 pounds from your body and sliding into those size 16s!  Lurking would  not have done that for you and won't for anyone else, however, doing LDL will accomplish miracles.  Pam
Dina
New, but learning

Post by Dina »

Hi Mom...you are so funny!!  I am so proud of you...you are doing awesome!!!  So inspiring.
savannah

Post by savannah »

Your post is very motivating...and I thank you!  Congrats on your weight loss...your doing fantastic! *love*
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie's right!  If you start today, by the New Year you could be 30 lbs. lighter.  That happens a lot in three months around here.  I lost about 28 lbs. in that time and just have 12 to go! (But I do look slimmer than I did previously at this same weight!) The best part of all is that I do not feel like I've been on this "grit your teeth and bear it" diet for 3 months.  I have found a "livet" not a diet.  This is what I was looking for.  This is something I can live with.  I actually enjoy the food I eat and enjoy the confidence that this weight is staying off and never coming back again.  I get rid of the big clothes, because I'm certain I won't ever need them again.  This is freedom!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Julie,

Thanks for the inspiration. I plan to get back on tract after we get back from the Keys. I just want to relax down there and forget about EVERYTHING! Then come home and start LDL pure again. As I said before, I've been eating close to the program but not close enough to lose anymore weight. I'm still sitting on the same old number.

Love ya *hug*

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Pam, Thanks my friend. and Congratulations to you too!  I know you are right along beside me. It keeps me going!  *hug*

Miss Dina - Love you, my sweet!  I am so proud of you for joining us here and sticking with it.  :kissed:

RT, Back atcha!  *love*

Savannah - No, Thank you for all the time you take to create all those delicious recipes and keep us satisfied!  :drool:

Doodlebug - you are doing Awesome! Sometimes I miss our little Pure thread - maybe when CQ hops on after vaca we should start that up again.  :laughing:

CQ, What do you think?  Can't wait until you have your full attention on LDL. You have been such a great source of info and support for all of us. I know you are going to have an awesome vacation - you deserve it. If you really decide to go PURE, I may join you. It really is the best way to do LDL as Roger pointed out to us. (He's always right! :blush: )

Love you all - but where are those lurkers? I know you are out there!  Come out and play please - we don't bite!

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

You wrote this specifically for me!  Yes I'm a lurker and I've been reading all of your wonderful posts for the last 2 weeks.  I received my book yesterday and I've been reading it for the 1st time today (shush....don't tell my boss LOL)

I plan on going to the grocery store tonight and starting the plan tomorrow.  Thank goodness LSU is playing away this week!  Go Tigers!

I have a confession to make.  I am a habital dieter and I swear I could be a millionaire for all the money I've spent on every diet known to mankind.  This plan (don't want to say diet) really looks like it is something I could live with for life.  Hearing all of the board comments gives me encouragement!  I look forward to chatting in the future and getting the positive feedback and the little well deserved slaps on the wrist that I may occassionally need.

I'm so glad I saw an old copy of First a few weeks ago.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Welcome tonz2day,

I, too, have tried everything...Atkins, WW, etc. This is so much easier. :thumbsup:

Julie, that's sound good. If I have to post everything I eat everyday I'll probably have no problem sticking with it and finally lose all my weight and then some. If I don't everyone will know.. :laughing:

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

CodingQueen wrote:Julie, that's sound good. If I have to post everything I eat everyday I'll probably have no problem sticking with it and finally lose all my weight and then some. If I don't everyone will know.. :laughing:
CQ

CQ, I will be there right along beside you!  *hug*

Hi Tonz - Yeah!  Welcome! I actually just sent you a response in my picture day topic. I am so glad you came out to play!  :thumbsup:

I also tried everything - I really thought there was something different about me bc I was always so hungry. But God Bless Roger for finding the key and passing it on. Now I know it is not me - my system may be a little more sensitive to all the processing and additives but I can control that now and Have more energy than I know what to do with.

Read through the important chapters a few times. And you are right - your best defense - esp in the beginning is to make sure you always have plenty of LDL choices around. Try some of the yummy recipes and you will be so happy. All of this will be automatic in a week or two and so will the good health and the weight loss that comes with it.

Yeah - we caught one! I am so happy right now!

XOXO
Julie  :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Tonz- You will love this plan, and you will succeed  :)!  I and many (most) participants on this board have tried it all.  Several have had weight loss surgery.  We have all found LDL to be the answer to our prayers.  We eat real, whole, delicious foods, eat until we are satisfied, and discard weight.  I know I will eat this way for the rest of my life.  It is a wonderful program, and this board is composed of the most helpful, knowledgable, and generous people you will ever "meet"!  Best wishes for a healthier future.  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

MsHeirloom wrote:Tonz- You will love this plan, and you will succeed  :)!  I and many (most) participants on this board have tried it all.  Several have had weight loss surgery.  We have all found LDL to be the answer to our prayers.  We eat real, whole, delicious foods, eat until we are satisfied, and discard weight.  I know I will eat this way for the rest of my life.  It is a wonderful program, and this board is composed of the most helpful, knowledgable, and generous people you will ever "meet"!  Best wishes for a healthier future.  Pam

Amen sister and well said!  :angel:
J :rose:
Scrapper Pearl

Post by Scrapper Pearl »

So, I sorta came out of oblivion the other day...

This has been an eye-opening 3 weeks of enjoying whole food.  I have struggled with sugar issues in the past and was dubious about eating all that fruit--but it's true!  the fruit I was avoiding--grapes, bananas, watermelon taste sooo good and don't cause the anxiety issues that I (greatly) dislike!

At any rate, I've been doing my duty in sharing this wonderful WOE with friends....

Haven't felt the need to keep a food diary...does that mean I'm not a good candidate to keep on this train?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Dear Pearl- There are several levels of participation on this board.  Some of us don't feel the need to keep an online food journal.  I tend to eat a similar menu most days.  Hey, it's working so there's nothing to fix.  That said, I do enjoy reading and getting ideas from others' food journals.  With or without a food journal, we welcome you aboard the train to Skinnytown.  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Welcome scrapper! 
:stop: No no no need to have a food journal. It works for some. I didn't have one and Like Pam said - I ate mostly the same - and I wasn;t having any issues. But I do post a lot bc I like the interaction. I also find I get inspiration from everyone and I also get Love  *love* and support. So don;t feel compelled to journal. But if you have the time - join in the posting as it will give us a chance to know you and support you. I really think it helps us to keep on track bc we know there are a lot of people behind us every step of the way - going through exactly what we are going through.

I did start a journal recently but you know I am not likin it so much!  I guess I would rather flit around where ever the wind blows.  :rolleyes:

So how are you doing with the plan?  DO you have a lot to lose? I am so happy to hear that LDL is working for you. IT really is amazing!  We are all grateful to be here and now we are grateful to have you with us.  :angel:

Pam, we caught another one! Yippeee!  :thumbsup:

Come out, Come out, where ever you are!

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz & Scrapper!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- Yep!  This train to Skinnytown is going to have to add a few more cars.  Isn't it great *love*!  You have started another wave of participation, girlfriend!  I don't think I'd still be on LDL if it weren't always available online for support and motivation.  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome Scrapper and Tonz to this WOE and this message board! Awesome support for an awesome way of eating. Tried it all and this is the first time I have felt success is almost a given. The best part for me is that it is such a healthy way of eating! My first few weeks I could not tell what full was. It had been so long since I had given myself permission to eat till full! So mainly I concentrated on eating till full and eating only LDL foods. I really did not expect to loose weight. Guess what? I did. I am down !7# now! WOW........Need I say more.

Bobbi
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Bobbi,

You are doing Fantastic!  :thumbsup:  Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Each time we hear success it serves to keep us going and motivates us to stay on track. Congratulations!

And I know what you mean about this experience being different than you have ever had. I never have known (until LDL) what it is like to feel normal hunger, not insane "What can I put into my mouth next" hunger. I've had plenty of that  :blink:  Sometimes I would have it as soon as I finished a full meal. The food was in control.  :stop: No more!  Now I am in control. And boy does that feel good!

Keep on sister!  YOU are doing terrific.  *hug*

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Tonz -- Welcome to LDL.  Just to let you know, I'm a Tiger fan too -- and Tiger fans do especially well on LDL from all the jumping up and down for our team!  ;D  I grew up on LSU football -- born on game day in 1958, so my mom and dad had to change plans and not attend the away game at Rice that year.  My first toy was a little LSU football player doll.  True!  As you know they won the national championship that year, so I always joked that the year I got married they'd win it again.  Well, I got married rather late in life at 44 yrs. old -- yes, I did, in the year 2003!  We married in April and then they won the championship.  :laughing: 

Anyway, I have found this way of eating to be the very thing I prayed for.  I was wanting what I call a "livet"  not a "diet"  and this is it!  I am so confident that not only can I lose weight eating this way, I can live with this way of eating and maintain the weight loss.  The food is actually more enjoyable than ever, but I don't need mass quantities to feel full and satiated.  When you start out you need to eat as much as you want until full.  It sounds crazy, but is necessary to get rid of the cravings.  All the fruit I eat totally makes me immune to sugar cravings and I am not even tempted to eat sugary snacks and desserts.  I walk by all those items in the bakery department with no temptation.  Really!  I make lots of soups with beans in them and have some with every lunch, basically.  I feel that the starch in the beans keep me satisfied and I don't feel temptation to eat empty carbohydrates.  Also, I don't need the whole grains I used to eat.  I don't feel they are bad in themselves, but while I am losing weight, I lose better if I stay away from them too.  Probably when I lose the weight I want, I will occassionally eat whole grains. 

Scrapper -- welcome also.  Didn't mean to leave you out, but just had to welcome my fellow LSU fan.  You will love LDL.  It is just simply the best eating plan I've ever found.  I have been on it for 3 months and don't feel a bit deprived.  I can live with it totally! 

Julie and CQ -- I was thinking that we ought to do Pure again and maybe from time to time start a totally new thread.  Let's not call it Pure this time, though.  It caused some confusion.  I was thinking maybe we could call it the Express Train to Skinnytown.  You can take the slower train or you can get there a little faster by doing what we've called "pure."  I too have an upcoming vacation.  I don't intend to stray very far, if at all, but I don't intend on posting during my vacation.  My vacation begins in a week, so I'll be available to hop on the Express Train in two weeks.  I think I'll need it to get those last stubborn pounds, you know?  I could live with how I look now, though.  It is so much more slender looking than when I was this weight in the past.  I know I will lose more, though.  I can lose more, but honestly before LDL I never thought I'd look like I do now again.  :D

Everybody have a great day.  And Tonz -- Geaux Tigers!