Out of Touch

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
michelevalencia
New, but learning

Out of Touch

Post by michelevalencia »

Hi everyone,

I am missing being able to be on the boards more, but I work 50 - 60 hours a week, and then biblestudy and kids and "sleep"!!! But I am so happy to have lost 1/2 of my weight loss goal (30 of 60) in just 7 weeks. I have plateaued but am just happy to be where I am at while my body is adjusting. I have tried to start doing exercise but my body is not ready to get up any earlier yet.

I cannot believe the places where I have found sugar, canned beans for crying out loud!!! Its a food conspiracy! I say that half-jokingly.

I have not been able to keep a food journal because of my busy schedule, but am proud to report that even at Denny's I was able to stay LDL pure. The only stray I have had was a dinner party with some church friends from Peru, and I "sampled" most of the dishes...unfortunately many are made with potatoes, but I ate around the ones I could. My samples were small too....and I did not go back for seconds, even though the food was good, I was satisfied. And my weight did not go up!

Mostly smoothies for breakfast, soups/chili beans with lean ground beef and turkey breast or grilled chicken salad with beans and corn for lunch and grapes and popcorn, or a smoothie for dinner. That's most of my days in a nutshell. I have given up half and half in my coffee and drink 1 cup of black coffee daily. I used to drink three. I found a great nonbitter coffee.

Wish I could be around more!!!

Less of me, more of HIM!
In Christ,

Michele
mrsj
Master Member

Re: Out of Touch

Post by mrsj »

Michele, I wondered where you were!  Congratulations on being half way to your goal!!  That's excellent! :thumbsup:

I do wonder about that food conspiracy thing when sometimes it seems foods with sugar in them are cheap.
Anyway you are doing terrific and I'm happy for your success.  Sorry you can't be here more often.  Heck, I wish I was on here more often, so I know what you mean.  Thanks for letting us know your news and we'll look for you to post when you can.
God bless,
mrsj
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Out of Touch

Post by MsHeirloom »

Michele- Congratulations on being (more than) half way to goal.  Keep up the great job and stay in touch.  Awesome progress!  Pam