The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Post by Joyful Friend »

How right you are on healthy eating.  Our daughter is off her blood pressure and soon will be off Crestor.  I'm still on them.  I take Crestor 3 days a week-only 5m.  I take 10m blood pressure.  Ten more lbs may take me off of blood pressure.  Do you have children?  We are very similar. Thanks for your encouragement. Joyful Friend
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi Guys, two down and three to go... :laughing:

Today's menu:

Breakfast    Mixed fruit salad

Lunch        Black bean soup with ground sirloin and a salad

Dinner        Pineapple and grapes

Exercise    Stationary bike while watching TV (DH is going hunting this weekend, Julie, so I want have worry about making him dizzy. :laughing:)

CQ
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love* Wow.. wonderful CQ!  You all are awesome dudettes!

Today was a day off for me from work...
B .. Blueberry Pie
L..  Bean soup with turkey
D..banana, raisin, cinnamon dish, Marys recipe I think

Exercise.. added new today.. walked for about an hour
Tomorrow is the 700 club with RT. I get to watch it at 10 am.. cant wait. I lent my book to my neighbor. I hope she can figure it out for herself and her husband. She is diabetic and apprehensive about going LDL, but she knows she has to do something for both of them.

Kathie in Fl.
[
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I have 2 step children (girl and boy) and tons of kids through teaching.  I was single most of my teaching career and really poured into my students, so I really felt connected to them. 

I realized I didn't post my eating or exercise.  I did 35 min. on the rebounder today.  I lost a little weight, because I got my hair cut!  :laughing: 

Breakfast:  satsumas  Lunch: bean soup and chicken breast  Supper: satsumas, watermelon and grapes
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Kathie, there is a very good thread on here started by our nurse Niki telling of the benefits of LDL for diabetics.  Many diabetics posted there to tell of their success in even stabilizing their blood sugar.

Here is the link:  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=1441.0
Last edited by crickadoodle on October 27th, 2009, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Kathie wrote: I lent my book to my neighbor. I hope she can figure it out for herself and her husband. She is diabetic and apprehensive about going LDL, but she knows she has to do something for both of them.

Kathie in Fl.

Kathie, you also might want to check the following thread out as well.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=7393.0

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Just saw the 700 Club segment with Roger.  He did his best to cram in all the information he could.  Too bad he didn't have a little more time, but hopefully people will come to the website and get involved in this wonderful way of eating.  I've prayed about my weight, as a Christian I pray about everything, and I know God led me to Let's Do Lunch.  It was an answer to prayer for sure.  I was really desiring what I call a "Livet" instead of a "diet."  I wanted something I could live with and keep the weight off.  Well, Let's Do Lunch really works and I want to live this way the rest of my life.  I am so satistied with the food I eat -- it is delicious and if I crave anything, I crave fresh fruit, vegetables and bean soup!  I only desire to eat what is good for me and what will cause my body to lose all the excess weight.  I started at 175 lbs. and now I weigh 141 lbs.  It took right under 4 months, but the journey was not a grit your teeth and endure it kind of journey.  I totally enjoyed it and didn't feel deprived while losing the weight.  I eat well and the food tastes great.

Today, Breakfast is satsumas and a hot apple and banana with cinnamon.
Lunch -- salmon and asparagus, brocolli type veggie and fennel (that is the plan)  and of course bean soup -- love it!
Dinner -- more fruit and a little popcorn
Last edited by crickadoodle on October 28th, 2009, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Crickadoodle, thanks for your encouragement!
I am earlier in the LDL journey but I feel it is an answer to prayers of many many years that have brought me to LDL! I have tried so many diets and found they were too difficult to live with. This I believe I can live with and though I am learning a new way to eat It is more practical and easier to apply. As you said a "Livet" instead of a "diet". I am impressed that my family likes the LDL recipes that I have made. I thank Jesus for this program.

I found 700 club segment with Roger inspirational so in honour of that I have decided through prayer to join the Express Train. A step of Faith with Jesus to help me. I have a tendency to not want to do something unless I can do it perfectly but in praying I realize that is not what this is all about! So what if I don't do it perfectly! This program is to be what works for you with in the guidelines. :) This is a way of life not a diet! Right? Like I tell my children: (I have to take my own advise :)) Failure is Success if we learn from it. (And to get anywhere a person has to fail some to get there  :thumbsup:)

So here I go I am stepping aboard! Thanks SO MUCH for the prayers!

Yesterday I was experimenting so had for Breakfast: fruit only plus my coffee w/skim milk & Stevia/Splenda; Lunch: Neet's Meatloaf (Yum!!), Quick Bean Soup and Mixed Vegetables, Yerba Mate Tea/ACV/Stevia; Supper: Fruit, & Yerba Mate Herbal Tea/ACV/Stevia; (Hungry at Bedtime so had Pinto Beans and a little Legal Popcorn and was satisfied).
Today (Wed.) so far Breakfast: Fruit and my coffee with skim milk and Stevia/ Splenda.
Bethann
Last edited by Bethann on October 28th, 2009, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Buddies!  

So glad to see you all here and so happy that more are joining in. Bethann  *hug*  so great to have you here with us. You do not need to be perfect.  LDL will work for you - you need to know that.  What many of us are doing if to create a lifelong plan we can live with so we never have to worry about weight loss again. And our health will be the best it can be with LDL. No question  :thumbsup:

CQ, Your husband will be dizzy when he sees you all glammed up and at fighting weight!  ;)  

Doodle, I made Niki's soup the other night. Thanks for the suggestion!  I am having it right now for lunch - I just threw in some grilled tilapia and shrimp and it is like a fish stew now --- YUMMY!   :drool:

Kathie, AN hour of exercise is fabulous!  Congratulations!   :thumbsup:

Looks like we are all doing great - and why wouldn't we with LDL. I didn't get to see Roger yet. I have the TIVO doing it's job so I will see it when I get home. It's so exciting!  I am expecting a lot more newbies in the next week or so.

BF Applesauce and apple
L Niki's Bean soup with Tilapia and Shrimp
D  watermelon

Exercise Week 2
Saturday:    45 minutes   :thumbsup:
Sunday:      60 minutes   :thumbsup:
Monday:      40 minutes   :thumbsup:
Tuesday:     30 minutes   :thumbsup:
Wednesday: 45 minutes   :thumbsup:
Thursday:    30 minutes  :thumbsup:
(6 days down & 250 min done!  50 minutes tomorrow will get 'er done (as El would say! *hug*)  ;)  )

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on October 29th, 2009, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie, so glad you made Niki's soup.  I change it around and really like to have chickpeas in it, so I've done that the last couple of times.  Black beans are a must, I think.  I think the addition of seafood to it was a great idea! 

We've already had a few 700 Club viewers post on site -- and I'm sure that means more lurkers that didn't post.  I just hope so many of them get free from their cravings and lose the weight that will make them healthier.
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

I got to see Roger on the 700 club........it was great. He did a wonderful job getting as much info out as he had time for. Was also great they cut to Nett for a few seconds. They both  looked great.

Breakfast: Watermelon

Lunch: Cheeseburger & as bun I used 2 portabello mushrooms........put the works on it.......was gooooood  :thumbsup:

Dinner: Pears & Apples
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Bamaluvr, you must have seen The Biggest Loser last night.  They had burgers between 2 portabello mushrooms.  I thought, wow bet that's good.  Now that you are saying the same I'll have to find some big portabellos.  Thanks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Looks like I missed the early airings of 700 Club but can catch it at 10:00 PM tonight on ABCFamily/Dish Network 180 in MN.  I'm looking forward to watching and hoping to be able to stay awake. Went to the nephew's high school football game last night and absolutely exhausted myself cheering!!!! Great Game and WE WON!! No on to the next playoff game.

Tuesday: Exercise - walking.
B: Pear,
L: burger, coffee,
S: burger, pear, popcorn

Wednesday: Exercise - lots of walking
B: Pear, scrambled eggs, grapes, coffee
L: chicken, veggies, water
S: grapes, water
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hey Guys, I'm still working. I started late because I didn't want to miss the 700 Club this morning. I think the only thing RT forgot to mention is that you DON'T HAVE TO EXERCISE  :laughing: That would have reeled them in real quick.

Here's the menu for today:

Breakfast    Watermelon

Lunch        Fire roasted tomatoes with beans and okra soup with ground sirloin and a salad

Dinner        Banana & Raisin Treat

Exercise     Depends what time I get finished tonight

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on October 30th, 2009, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Bethann, none of us are perfect. We know Someone Who is.  Praise the Lord!!!  We just have the freedom to eat the foods we like best, and everyone of us probably do things differently.  The common thread is that we are all in this together for encouragement, and to get healthier while losing weight.  It will happen.  Roger did so well, but he didn't have enough time.  They are a beautiful couple.  Thanks to all of you who have helped me succeed.  I've learned so many ways to make my food interesting.  I made butternut squash fries today.  They were delicious.  The salt  and evoo gave them such a savory taste, and  who would have thought it!!! Joyful Friend         
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Butternut Squash fires - my fav!  :drool:  I eat one pan myself before the other one is done cooking.  :blush:  If anyone told me that I would be eating this stuff 6 mos ago, I would have thought they had a screw loose.  :blink:

Ok - have to go exercise. I have to say that Knowing you are all on here is really motivating me to stick to what I said I would do.  *hug* 
Love you all!  *love*  Back later.  *woot*

Kathie

Post by Kathie »

I had a great two days off but I am back to work for 5 days tomorrow.. This was my menu today.

B.  Apple
L. Chili
D. pineapple and fresh grapes

Exercise.. walk 45 min this am
Felt really great today.. I did have to take a nap. I need to get use to waking up early to get my walk in but I can do this!  2 days in a row!

I am proclaiming my goal and that is to be 159 Thanksgiving Eve and my Dr's. app. I want to be at a lower weight than I was when I saw him last.  This is only a mini goal but one that might be doable on LDL
Choo choo.. here I come!  ;D
Kathie in Fl.
[
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Eljayne wrote:Looks like I missed the early airings of 700 Club but can catch it at 10:00 PM tonight on ABCFamily/Dish Network 180 in MN.  I'm looking forward to watching and hoping to be able to stay awake.
Hi El.  I just found a link that shows only the interview with Roger.  Maybe you've already seen the show but in case you fell asleep ;) here's the link: http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.a ... _102809_WS

Cheering you Express Train riders on,
mrsj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OK - I've got 80 minutes and 2 days left on my weekly exercise goal. Yeah!  ;)

Hey Mrs. J. so nice to see you here and kind of you to cheer us on! *love*

Kathie - YEAH!!! 2 days in a row of exercise - your body is so happy!  Mini goals are the way to go. All the mini goals will add up to one big goal when all is done - that's the way to get into the right mind set.  :D  Cool!

Hey Bama, Good to see you!  The portabella sandwiches are real big in the city. I love the idea of them but I have never cultivated a taste for mushrooms. I was actually thinking of hiring a chef to come and cook some things for me to taste and learn to cook. I was hoping to expand my palate. Maybe I could make that a reward for a goal that I meet. I think I am likin' that idea!  :thumbsup:

bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hey Julie.........That would be a great project for you. And of course you would share all new food ideas with us....... :D  *hug*
  I put lots of mustard on the portabella and pickles and onions so I can cut the taste. I started out doing it with one piece and melting FF Cheese on it.......now I can do both pieces.

I think you would really enjoy that and that you deserve to do that for yourself as an award.

Your doing so well on the exercise. So proud of you!!!  *hug*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day