The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Re: The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Post by julie409 »

Joyful - so glad you have found the joy of exercising. It can really make a difference in our overall health.  :thumbsup:  With exercise and weight loss, you will know that you did everything possible to gain maximum health.

NJ  *hug*  With a day like you have I should think that is enough activity.  You are fortunate to have a job where you get to move throughout the day. How are you feeling?  Hope you are doing better.

Doodle, Welcome back!  *hug*  And I will be happy to have some company here. I am happy you were able to get through vacation with little damage.

I had to restart LDL yesterday. All of a sudden my cravings were back and my appetite was soaring. So I cut out anything that was suspect (for me - like gingerbread Brownies, Polaner, diet coke, green olives) and spent the day yesterday, eating the best LDL foods I could think of. I was also able to find a good watermelon and that helped a lot. I feel more in control today. I also had bananas again and my eyes are getting puffy - so leaving them alone again.  ;)

Julie :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I will update this entry as I go, to see how my body responds to my efforts. I also took my measurements - but I am not gonna post them  :tongue:  :laughing:
10/17 - 10/23
Food plan: BF fruits; Lunch Protein/soups and or veggies; Dinner Fruit + soups/ veggies, if needed
Exercise Goal: 300 (5 hours) minutes per week
Sat:  60 minutes  :thumbsup:
Sun:  60 minutes  :thumbsup:
Mon:  40 minutes  :thumbsup:
Tues: 20 minutes  :thumbsup:
Wed:  60 minutes  :thumbsup:  (yeah - I made it to 240 already! )
Thurs:40 minutes  :thumbsup: (280 easy breezy!)
Fri:    30 minutes  :thumbsup:  (30 minutes)   

Have a great week, everyone!

Julie  :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on October 24th, 2009, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, Ju Ju, we are going to reach our goals!  :thumbsup:

I didn't gain anything on the vacation.  :D  That has never happened to me that I remember.  I did a shorter walk this morning, as my sister and nephew were leaving to go back home.  What a blessing they were to come and stay with Mom while we were away!  When I got home from my walk, I weighed myself before my bath.  Yeah!! 

Well, what I love about LDL has increased from this vacation.  I realized that not having cravings is the key.  On vacation there were lots of opportunities to eat treats like ice cream and goodies.  I wasn't hungry for them so why eat them?  I'd think how I like being slender more than a little momentary taste of something sweet and creamy.  Now, logically this has always made sense, but you aren't logical when you have cravings.  With no cravings, it is easy to think clearly about these things.  I actually did taste my husband's ice cream a couple of times.  He asked me to and I was able to with no problem.  Of course we did lots of walking on the vacation, but I'll be glad to get back to my exercise routine.  Oh, on vacation when we ate in restaurants, when I could get beans, I got them.  I had a vegetarian chili once.  I rather mine, though. 

A lady at my church got the book and began LDL and she thanked me today.  She had been on Weight Watchers and has lost 5 lbs. in 2 weeks and said she never had that happen on WW.  She loves it.  I love sharing it with others because I've never experienced this before myself.  It has blessed me so much, I want others to be set free from the hold food has on them.  There are people with so many health issues that would be helped by this way of eating.  I hugged a lady at church today who has Fibromyalgia and I was thinking that she'd really be helped by this too, I think.  I didn't share with her yet, but one day will.

Well, tomorrow I'll get on board the express train.  I'm going to do fruit for breakfast and dinner.  My husband said today that he missed eating the fruit on vacation.  Well, we ate grapes tonight.  I found red seedless for $1.79 for 2 lbs.  I got 4 containers of them.  I had so many groceries today and only paid a little over $30.  All were fruits and vegetables.  Wow!  Tomorrow morning I'm making a big pot of bean soup. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Doodlebug!

So glad to have you back!  *hug*
My little cousin used to call me ju ju. Brought a warm feeling over me to hear it again.  My friends call me Jules and my most recent boyfriend called me joobles. My Italian peeps call me Giulietta (They don't use the J in Italian. )

I wanted to jump on here and let you know that my little plan is working. I am already dropping more lbs and hope to be able to record a really great number by the end of this week.

Talk later - off to the shower!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, this morning I ate a banana and a satsuma.  I love satsumas.  I never have seen these anywhere but in South Louisiana, but other places must have them.  I think you have to get them local because they mustn't ship well.  The rind dries out quickly, which makes them hard to peel.  They are not concentrated in taste -- maybe more water.  I just love them and remember eating so many as a kid that I broke out in a rash.  :shock:  I tended to get rashes on the inside of my forearms.

I am making a big pot of Niki's favorite soup.  I make this one the most of all, as it it very hearty with the carrots and celery and onions.  It is almost like a vegetarian chili.  I switch the beans up all the time, though, so I never follow the recipe exactly.  This time I made it with black beans, pinto beans and chick peas.  It smells really good and we have cool weather here, so it will be perfect to warm me up.  I love eating bean soups now that I found LDL.  I make something every week.  When I was on vacation, I found several restaurants had some type of bean soup or bean dish on their menu. 

So, lunch will be bean soup and grilled chicken breasts.  I didn't take my walk, yet.  I see a very dirty house before me and I just might skip the walk and burn calories cleaning the house.  I'm sure I'll be good and sore after doing a good job cleaning.  Also, tomorrow I have scheduled a 1 hour massage -- which I've never done before -- and a manicure and pedicure at a spa in a nearby city.  I have a sitter coming to stay with Mom.  This was a gift certificate from a student last year and I need to use it before it expires.  What a blessing!  They even paid the gratuity!  I'm looking forward to it.  The only bad part is, "What if I really like it?  I'm going to know what I've been missing out on!!  :laughing:

My husband is back at work today and we prayed that he wouldn't have a hard time getting back in the flow.  He always finds it hard to get back at building guitars.  We did have some good news on vacation.  A guitar was damaged in shipping and UPS denied our claim.  We bought the insurance and all, but FedEx and UPS both must have a policy to deny all claims initially.  My husband didn't let it drop, though, because it was lots of money and we can't afford this as a one man shop.  Well, they finally said they are going to pay the claim.  What good news!  So my husband will be able to fix this guitar and get it to the guy who has been wanting it for a good while.  Can you imagine waiting for something special and it arrives cracked!?  There were marks on the box where the cracks were on the inside.  My husband has integrity and he'd have rebuilt the guitar even if the claim was denied, but it would have been a financial hardship on us. 

Well, it'll be fruit for supper!  I might jump on my rebounder, if the housework isn't enough exercise.  I'd like to do the Total Gym too.  We'll see.  The house really needs a good cleaning and that has to come first.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Well, this is how my first day went:

Breakfast   Cantaloupe

Lunch        Steak, salad and corn on the cob

Dinner        Mixed fruit salad

Exercise     Took a break from work and went for a walk with my husband when he go home this afternoon. It's so nice right now.

CQ
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

I went for my walk and did the rebounder. Feeling good still. Its getting so cold here. At least it has stopped raining.

Crick.........the lady with Fibromyalgia---- Please share this with her. As someone who has suffered from FM for years and being able to do the things I can now since starting LDL. It will help her so much. The more raw she eats at first, the faster the results of pain relief will happen. I am in remission now and thank GOD and Roger for this woe.

Hey Julie & CQ

Breakfast: Pears

Lunch: Beef stew

Dinner: Grapes & Apples
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey - there are a lot of walkers out there. Hope you are all enjoying the change in the weather.  ;)

So happy to be doing this with all of you!  Bama, CQ, doodle -  El , NJ are you with us?  Anyone else?  *hug*  Doing the group journal is very motivating for me and it also keeps me accountable. I was having a tough time for a while bc I had added in too many "once in a while" things; but that's over. I cleared it all out  :bomb:  and am in control again. Boy, I wasn't likin having those old feelings again.  *evil*

So if any of you are thinking about having some of our LDL baked goods on your journey, please go slowly and see if and how they affect you. For me - not so good!  *lipssealed*  I am ready to continue forward. I keep saying this bc I really feel like I was not ready before. I needed time to get my head where my body was going.

I also did a new workout the other night - for me, it was brutal; lot of squats with a medicine ball! :blink:  I only got halfway through it but 2 days later, my thighs still hurt.  :'(  I will try it again on the weekend and see if I can get through it. In the meantime I have a ton of other DVDs that I can switch to so I can reach my weekly goal.

Love you all  *love*

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi Everyone,

Here's my menu for today:

Breakfast    Cantaloupe and Pineapple

Lunch        Vegetarian Taco Soup, grilled chicken and a salad

Dinner        Mixed fruit salad

Exercise      Walking

Bamaluvr, I'm glad that it's helping your fibromyalgia. I see so many patients with it and it's nice to know that this is the answer for them.

Julie, you need to give your muscles two to three days to rest between workouts or you may tear something. I know before when I was working out on my Bowflex, my son had me workout the lower half of my body one day, the upper half the next day and then wait for three days to workout again. He says that it prevents injuries to the muscles. I just don't want to see you hurt yourself.

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

CQ,

Yes, I agree and thanks for watching out for me  *love*

When I work out with weights I do either upper or lower. Most of the DVDs are cardio except for the one with the facaca medicine ball. That I am waiting 5 days before trying it again!  :sad:

Your menu sounds perfect!

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

OK -- I'm here finally!  Had a busy day -- well, I had places to be.  I went to a spa and had a massage and manicure and pedicure.  I guess that is sort of the opposite of busy, but I couldn't get to the computer.  I did almost finish cleaning the house this morning before I went, if anybody is jealous.  :laughing:  I got a sitter for Mom.  Someone had blessed me with a certificate for all of this at the end of last school year. 

Today is my mom and dad's 65th wedding anniversary.  I decided a long time ago that even though Dad is gone, it is still a very important day and always recognize it.  Mom appreciates that.  Today, I bought her two bouquets at the store and made a big arrangement for her from my brother, sister, myself and our spouses.

I really didn't eat much today, because I had to get out of the house by noon to get to my appt.  I was trying to finish mopping the floors before I left, so breakfast was an apple.  I know, not near enough and very rare for me.  Then for lunch I had 1/2 a chicken breast and a bowl of bean soup.  Oh, and a small tomato.  Again, not much, but I was running late.  Supper -- I've had lots of fruit -- and orange, a pear, some grapes and will eat more. 

Oh, I did get on the scale this morning, just curious how 1 day on the express train would do.  I lost 1/2 pound.  I know people are fearful that if you get on the scale you'll be discouraged, but I really haven't been disappointed when eating just fruit for breakfast and dinner.  I also haven't experienced a plateau or stall when eating this way and exercising.  I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I think eating snacks and eating whatever is LDL approved for dinner has more of a chance of stalling you -- also eating popcorn or corn, possibly.  I'm thinking I will make it to my goal of 135 lbs. without much of a stall, if I have one, as long as I exercise and eat just fruit for breakfast and dinner.  My husband ate popcorn tonight and it smelled good, and I thought about it, but then I realized that I don't need to have it and I'd rather reach my goal.  :thumbsup:  I wonder how long it'll take?  We'll see.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Doodlebug,

Sounds like you had a wonderful time - good for you!  We all need a little pampering from time to time.  ;)

You did really well on vacation too!  I am so glad you had a good time and didn't have to worry about Mom. It was so sweet what you said about your Mom's anniversary and what you did.  *hug*  I wish more people were as considerate and feeling as you are. I think we are very cavalier about a lot of things in our culture. We are moving at such a fast pace we barely give a nod to things that should be acknowledged with feeling.  And if we acknowledge someone's pain once, we seem to think our job is done. But the pain sometimes is there under the surface for years.

You are doing an incredible job with this. You're determination and resolve are admirable. And what is really inspiring is that you are proving that there is another way to be on LDL. Maybe we don;t have to experience much of a slow down as we get closer to goal. I know you will make it to goal very quickly - you are almost there  :thumbsup:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie, I have been thinking about the busyness of this world for a few years.  People have become downright inconsiderate, simply because there is no time to be considerate.  When your plate is full, there isn't room for anything else.  Talk about a rat race!  Since I've gotten off the treadmill to care for Mom (who moves so slowly, you have to slow down  :) ) I've been able to breathe and think and notice and consider.  I know that not everyone has this "luxury," but we all need to rethink our lives and determine what is truly important.  We don't have as much money coming in as when I was working, but we really haven't missed it.  Somehow, we seem to have more in the bank.  I guess me staying home means we don't eat out as much as we used to -- no where near as much.  That was costing a lot.  I guess other expenses are no longer there -- gas.  It seems magical to me, though.  I can't figure out how we could have more.  I think God is just blessing us, since we made a hard choice that really was the best choice for my mom.  I think it was the best choice for me too, now that I look back and remember how stressed I was and how I had no time for anything extra.  And, you know, I think it was the best choice for my husband too, because I can be a wife that isn't stressed and can handle the house things more efficiently and better.  I can be a bigger blessing to him.  I've been joking with him that I am going to be a "trophy wife!"  :D  He always calls women like that "high maintenance."  I told him to watch out, I just might be high maintenance myself! 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well I got a surprise this morning when I stepped on the scale -- since hopping back on the Express Train on Monday I lost 2 lbs.  Wow!  :thumbsup:  That was without exercising.  I did walk for 50 minutes today and plan to do the Total Gym workout. 

I ate a pear, 3 satsumas and a banana for breakfast.
Lunch -- chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and olive salad with Paul Newman oil and vinegar dressing and a bowl of bean soup.
Dinner -- I'll eat more fruit

Ju Ju -- this really is the Express Train!  I wasn't expecting it to happen like when we first did our experiment and I weighed a lot more.  Now I just have 8 lbs. to go.  I think we are onto something with following the original plan.  I should reach my goal by Thanksgiving, but if not I'll still be giving God thanks for helping me find LDL.  I think we also need a few extra cars on this train, because others are wanting to go for this ride with us.  Isn't that exciting?  I want to see if I can stick it out -- although I don't feel deprived, so "stick it out" has kind of a harsh sound -- until I get to my goal.  Let's see if having such a low BMI, like I now have, affects the rapidity of weight loss -- or how much it affects the loss. 

So, anyone wanting to lose a little faster, hop on board.  It is fun to go fast!  :laughing: 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Well, another day and another $0.50... :laughing:

Here's my menu for the day:

Breakfast    Watermelon

Lunch          Spicy Black Bean Soup with ground Sirloin and a cucumber salad

Dinner          Grapes

Exercise      Walking

CQ
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

CQ, Oh, how I miss watermelon! Joyful Friend
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Joyful Friend,

I was lucky this morning. Usually my son eats it as fast as my husband brings it home. I probably won't be so lucky tomorrow. :sad:

CQ
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello Ladies........Hope your day went great.

Breakfast: Cantaloupe

Lunch: Spicy Mexican Soup

Dinner: Grapes
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey My Buddies!

I found watermelon again, too!  I am so happy right now. Pathmark had it. I also read how to find a good one. I had it backwards. If you knock on it and hear a hallow sound it is good. If you  hear a more dense sound - like a thud - it is not good. Ya learn  somethin new every day!

Doodlebug!  Yeah!  Yes it is terrific. I am so grateful that Bama girl posted her success story and shared with us what she was doing. That really helped to get the ball rolling. And we have been rolling ever since.  I am getting excited too! In fact I think I will buy a new suit next week for inspiration. I will have to really check how much clothing I have in the next size - or maybe I will just skip a size!  That should keep me motivated. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH! :rolleyes:

Bama, *hug*  You don;t look like you are eating enough - but I know you know what you are doing.

CQ, So happy to see you here.  *hug* Glad you are finding time to walk. Hope that work has simmered down for you.

I have had meetings all this week so I have been eating at APplebee's every day - not terrible but not as good as it could be. I am walking more during the day as we are walking the malls,  :thumbsup: but I am not drinking enough water.  :thumbdown: I can't wait until Friday so I can eat my own cooking again. I have been carrying around Turkey and carrots for 2 days now.  :laughing:  Gosh, I hope they are still good.

Ok - going to bounce - already did upper body w/weights.

XOXO,
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, today I walked 75 minutes.  I never did start the Total Gym again, since my vacation.  Well, maybe tomorrow.  I have things to do today.

Breakfast -- 3 satsumas and a pear

Lunch -- a small bowl of popcorn (had made a really big bowl for my husband with a big bowl of fruit) and a bowl of bean soup

Dinner -- we are going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Ninfa's in Baton Rouge.  I plan to eat an indio or chalupa, but no tortilla will be eaten.  I'll consider it is a plate for the parts I eat.  I'll get them to hold the cheese and sour cream. 

We are going to a comedy show with the comedian Brian Regan tonight in Baton Rouge.  The weather isn't supposed to be very good, so I hope it doesn't interfere with our plans.  We have a little drive to get to BR.

Oh, today when I was walking, there was a young lady a bit ahead of me walking.  I just felt I should share about LDL with her.  Problem was, she was ahead of me and then she turned off the path I was taking, but I decided to go her way and try to catch up with her.  I was walking a bit faster, so I was narrowing the gap, but then she decides to start jogging!  She walked again and I narrowed the gap, then she jogged again.  I finally called out to her that I had something to share with her.  Anyway, she had already lost 120 lbs. I think she shared with me.  That is so amazing.  I told her about LDL anyway, because you need something you can live with.  She said she'd look into it, so if you're reading this -- "hi, it's me!  I never introduced myself or asked your name -- sorry for that bit of rudeness!"  Anyway, I hope that it helps her to know about LDL.  I don't see how this way of eating couldn't be a blessing to anyone.  I love it so much and what it has done for me.

Oh, my husband sold an old amp of his yesterday and we have enough money from it to buy a new Yorkie puppy!  So, I'm going to be looking more seriously now that I'm back from my vacation and we have the money set aside! 
Last edited by crickadoodle on October 22nd, 2009, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.