The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Post by CodingQueen »

I'm so glad today is over. All my accounts were giving me a major headache.

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast    Cantaloupe (the watermelon was gone...imagine that)

Lunch        Sirloin Burger Soup with a salad

Dinner        Grapes and Pineapple

Exercise      Stationary Bike while watching TV

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Doodlebug  :laughing:  LOL I could just see you trying to catch up to that poor woman. I 'll bet she never planned on hearing about LDL when she left the house. Too Funny!  Have fun picking out the new puppy. Now you will have someone to walk with you!

Hi CQ - how's it going?  I love the exercise I can do in front of the TV the best. It makes the time go by so fast.

I have already made it to 280 minutes and I have one more day to go. SO - no worries on reaching 300. I am not going to focus so much on weight loss but more on doing the right things - the weight will follow. I am so happy to have this 3 day meeting behind me. Now I can bring my own food with me.

Julie :rose:
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love* Today I am officially getting on the Express Train.  I need to get moving as I have been loosing since Jan...gained 10 going on vacation in August and not taking hold of my poor eating habits. I needed a new program and this sure has been it.. Never really hungry and feeling so much better.  I probably still have about 30 to 40 pounds to go.. just depends but the Dr's visit next month day before Thanksgiving is my incentive right now.. I don't want to show a gain.  I started at 236 a couple of years ago and have been working on it ever since.. slow losses but steady.  So with that said....I am determined to get the rest of it off and I believe this might be the way for me. 
So  here I go!  Chug chug!
Hugz!
Kathie in Fl.  :cool:
[
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Like Kathy I decided to get on the Express Train.

Tommorrow, game day, will be a very challenging day for no snacks.  As I've said in previous posts we tailgate prior to the LSU game so there's lots of snacking going on.  I've done very well the last few games as I haven't had alcohol and I brought LDL salad, veggies & popcorn.  So can I have a lunch that lasts for 2 hours  *evil* and it wouldn't be considered snacking?  And I believe popcorn is an acceptable item isn't it?

Here's how my first day (yesterda) on the Express Train went.
Breakfast-blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, satsuma
Lunch-Taco Soup, chicken breast and I added some bill's mashed potatoes to the Taco Soup which made it creamy
Dinner-frozen grapes, apple and black-eye peas

I will start posting my journal on this link instead of my journal.

Geaux Tigers!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love*  Great minds think alike.. I love that you are here with me!
Kathie in Fl  Gotta go to work now.. sigh :wrong:
[
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Kathie,

Welcome!  I think you are making a great decision!  So much of what we do with food is habitual - we don;t even think about it. My house is always so filled with wonderful smells and great tasting Italian foods that my family - including my 5 yr old grandson - is always famished as soon as they walk in the door and they don;t stop eating until they leave. It is all fresh foods but some high calorie stuff like cheeses was always an integral part - now not so much! 

I know what you mean about going to the doctor. But I know you are really jumping back in for your own good health. And eating Pure will definitely give you the jump start you are looking for - like getting back to basics.

Tonz, so glad you are joining us too!  Your food intake looks great. When you are prepared - like you are doing for tailgating, it is so easy to ignore all the other treats that are around. I would definitely stay away from the alcohol. For me - one sip and I would be ready to party. Try to bring really dense foods that are filling and much more than you think you will need. For me, apples and carrots do the trick. They seem to fill me up and since I can dip the carrots in some FF Ranch, it makes me feel like I have a real snack. I don't do popcorn - I sometimes have an allergic reaction to it and it slows me down completely.

Glad you guys are aboard!  *hug*  It is great fun to do this together.

Julie  :rose:
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

QUESTION!! When I get on the Express train doing PURE LDL do a start a new journal or just journal here?

Thanks, Lynda
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

You don't have to have a separate journal.  Julie and I both tried having an individual journal, but we rather the group journal we've started here.  Also, if you started a journal or any thread you no longer want there, you can remove it -- but only if you started it.  I removed my journal.  You can also remove any post you wrote that you maybe aren't comfortable with.  There is a neat feature too, where you can correct a post you've written.  I love that because I might want to add something or correct a misspelled word I have typed. 

I had an apple for breakfast, because it was getting so close to lunch by the time I finished my exercise -- rebounder today for 50 minutes.  That is really much harder than my walk.  I was waiting for the aid to come to bathe Mom, so I didn't want to stray away from home.

I'm having spaghetti squash and thick pizza soup on top for lunch.  I'll also have some bean soup because it is so yummy!  I'd better freeze some, because I can't eat all I made, and I eat it every day.

Last night we went to Ninfa's and I had the india or indio ?? and it was so good.  I didn't eat the tortilla bottom and had them hold the sour cream and cheese.  The chicken ranchero is so tasty that is on top.  Brian Regan was so funny last night at the comedy show we went to in Baton Rouge.  If you get a chance to see him live, go to it.  He is so funny, and doesn't resort to the shock value of curse words.
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Crickadoodle, I was wondering about your night on the town last night.  I'm glad you had a good time!

Now the rebounder--50 minutes WOW!  I've heard that the rebounder shouldn't be used for people with knee aches and pains.  What are your thoughts on that?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I think you'd have to try it and determine that for your situation.  When I started walking again, I was really suffering from heel pain.  Logically, I'd have thought walking was the worst thing to do, but I actually didn't have greater heel problems from the walking.  Maybe even less!  I used to do this rebounder all the time about 20 years ago.  I have to admit, it is much harder to do at 51 than it was to do in my 20s and 30s.  I don't find it jars my knees, but I don't have knee problems.  I've heard that it is a low impact exercise, which is supposed to be easier on your joints. 
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

We were introduced to Brian Regan by our older son and we have so enjoyed him!  *love*
"The big yellow one's the sun!" We have enjoyed quoting him and younger son likes to imitate him!  :D It's been fun!

"Take luck!"
Bethann  :D
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

TGIF! I need to get back into the swing of things after being on vacation. I was spoiled in the Keys living the Good Life... :D

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast    Cantaloupe  (DH bought some watermelon for tomorrow morning...let's just hope it's still in the fridge)

Lunch        Leftover Vegetarian Taco Soup, grilled chicken and leftover cucumber salad (had to clean out the fridge to make room for more soups)

Dinner        Mixed fruit salad

Exercise      Stationary Bike while watching TV. (Julie, DH says watching me bounce while he's trying to watch TV makes him dizzy)

CQ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hey Mary,

That sounds like a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love it. *love*

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

tonz2day wrote:Crickadoodle,
Now the rebounder--50 minutes WOW!  I've heard that the rebounder shouldn't be used for people with knee aches and pains.  What are your thoughts on that?

HI Tonz,
Our doodlebug really takes her exercise seriously!  I don't know that many of us could do 50 minutes on the rebounder - well -- err -- emmm --- I know I couldn;t :blush:  Actually, I wouldn't want to! 10 minutes at a time has been my limit though I might do 2 sessions in between the glider.

Please check with your doctor. Only s/he will be able to tell you that you are clear to bounce!  Once you start, perhaps 10 minutes at a time for a few days would be a good start. If there are no complications, go to 15 minutes and continue until you build up to where you want to be.  I was personally affronted when I read that if you are around 60 you should only start with 3 minutes a day so you don;t jar your old frail organs loose -  :wacko:  :shocked:  :shock: YEESH!  What a rude awakening. Well I have been bouncing for a month of so and I am glad to say that noting has fallen out of my body that needed to stay there.  :laughing:

HI El - good to see you!  I eliminated my journal - like doodle. We have more fun doing it this way. You can do both if you like - Jim used to do that. He would journal here and on his own. Your choice! :thumbsup:

CQ, Tell your DH that my own bouncing is making me dizzy :laughing:  And I have to hold on to my chest or it is really uncomfortable. Maybe that's why I can't do it for too long.  Friday - YEAH!  *woot*  ;)  :cool:

Doodlebug- the heel pain diminishes as the body gets more alkaline. Luckily for us LDL has a very alkaline food list. IT is one of the reasons why I knew LDL was the answer to my health issues. Being acidic is the basis for a lot of disease.  Glad you are doing so well - but you always do!

Now where is my Bama Girl - I will have to PM Her and find out what's up!

Hi Mary - thanks for checking up on us. FLA sounds lovely - but not in July or August, please - I would melt! :stop:

Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love* I think I did OK on the Express Train. I moved right along with it. I had my smoothie for breakfast which was banana, strawberries, blueberries and orange juice to keep it movin.
For Lunch I had my Lentil soup that also has ground turkey and pinto beans.. was so good and filling
For Supper I had another smoothie, same as breakfast.. not snacks and I think I will go to bed before I have a snack attack.  So how was that for the first day?
Thank you for the warm welcome!  Am I suppose be doing an exercise too?
Thanks for your help,
Kathie in Fl.
[
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Kathie,

Looks good! No, you don't have to exercise unless you want to...that's an option. We have found that it helps for us lose much faster if we do. But remember when you exercise you will build muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. So please stay off the scale...that's your worse enemy. Let your clothes tell you if you're losing.

CQ
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love* Thanks CQ.. I feel real good this morning with no hunger yet.  First time in a long time with no snacking. I thought I was hungry last night about two hours after my smoothie but I took my night pills with a glass of water and it went away.  So guess the best advice when you Think you may be hungry is to drink a glass of water and wait.  I am learning.
Thanks again,
Kathie in Fl.
[
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Kathie,

Yes, water can be very helpful in keeping us full. There are also some opinions that it speeds up the metabolism as well. I have also read that if you are thirsty and are not drinking water regularly, your body will disguise the thirst as hunger so it can get water from the food. SO sometimes a glass of water will do the trick and help you to reach your next meal time. I am so glad you are feeling some relief.

I am a firm believer that you need a healthful food plan and LDL fills that requirement in the most wonderful way; exercise to keep the body oxygenated and water. For me, when any one of those is missing, not much gets moving. Maybe that will change when I reach goal weight but not now.

So happy for you!  *hug*

Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love* Thanks Julie.. I do probably need to drink more water.. It does move things along quite well.
I am already looking forward to my Smoothie this morning. I have that around 9 as I have to be at work at 10.  My next meal is at 2. Then the smoothie around 7:30 or 8 when I get home from work.  So how perfect is that for this LDL?  I have no excuses not to try this LDL.  It must be in HIS plans and HIS time.
Hugs!
Kathie in Fl.  :kissed:
[