The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: The Express Train: Maximizing your results!

Post by CodingQueen »

LINDA RN wrote:Image  I would do Sky Angel if I had high speed internet. That will only be possible if we could get cable or DSL. Satelite internet does not allow streaming video. 10 years ago we were just getting Dial-up. Things are moving faster now so I feel like high speed will eventually be available to everyone. Just gotta hang in there a little longer. I love our little 20 acre piece of Heaven so I can wait for technology to come here. Don't want to go to town to get it.

LINDA RN,

Sometimes technology is not the best thing. Have you ever seen a kid or young adult try to make change when their computer system has gone down? Or ask them to tell you what time it is on an analog clock? It's sad!

I'd love to be able to go back to where I use to live (Horse Country) in Central Florida where they are still behind the times. Life is so much simpler there.

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Ohhh CQ,  Can I come too?  Please huh, can I?  A simpler lifestyle and horses too?  All I need for it to be heaven is the cowboys to go with the horses  *love*

Julie :rose:
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Sounds wonderful! Horses even ..... I have secretly desired to own a horse!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

julie409 wrote:Ohhh CQ,  Can I come too?  Please huh, can I?  A simpler lifestyle and horses too?  All I need for it to be heaven is the cowboys to go with the horses  *love*

When I lived there all I saw were jockeys. They use to run the horses around the track at 5:30 am every morning. Between them and the rooster my brother-in-law had I didn't need an alarm clock. The only other noise I'd hear was the 2:00 am train about two miles away.

You have to remember that Marion County is where a lot of the horses are bred for the Kentucky Derby and there is a lot of money involved. So, Julie, feel free to find yourself a rich one... :laughing: Believe me, they're there. The owner of the Gulfstream Race Track in Miami use to have a place there and in Kentucky. His main business was First New Jersey Securities.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image I guess we are in Oklahoma heaven then, we have chickens for eggs and roosters for alarm clocks and 2 horses! Have not ridden the horses in a while, they are pets and they keep the lawn mowed!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, everybody!  I am maintaining my weight loss, basically, for now. (It will vary a little -- up and down, but stays around my goal.)  I intend to get more serious and eat only fruit for supper again -- after the holidays.  I'm eating basically LDL, but popcorn is often on the menu at night for now.  That is OK for LDL, but I don't lose my best when I eat it.  I plan to set the goal to eat the Express Train way -- after the holidays. 

Oh, my husband went Christmas shopping with his niece for me on Saturday!!  He is being so secretive about those six packages he put under the tree today -- he said that people brought them for him today at the shop.  I was asking for clothes and I know that is what he got me.  I don't like to shop much, so this is a blessing and his niece wears cute clothes.  :thumbsup:  Fun!

Also, yesterday while we were shopping, I saw a friend of mine who taught 5th grade where I taught 4th grade a few years back.  I'd called her and told her all about LDL a few weeks back.  She was on Atkins years back and I know she tried South Beach after I'd lost some on that plan.  Well, she got the book and has been doing it for over a week and she was wearing jeans that she hadn't been able to button before starting LDL.  She was so excited.  I am so happy for her.  She is so beautiful and will be a knock out.  Her son is getting married in May and of course she wants to look her best.  She isn't feeling deprived at all and is loving this way of eating, just like all of us are.  I love to be able to share this treasure with those I know will love it too.  She has a little more to lose than I did, so I'm thinking she might be able to lose more than 40 lbs. by the wedding.  Even if not, she will be healthier and thinner on that day and beyond!  How can we keep such good news to ourselves?  I knew she would love LDL and am so glad I called her on that day and told her all about it.

Is there someone you know who'd really be blessed by LDL and just needs the knowledge that it exists?  If so, call them and share your success with them.  You will rejoice with them when they start experiencing the success that will be theirs from eating this way.

Merry Christmas, everyone!  We have so much to rejoice in.  God led us to a wonderful way of eating that is setting us free to be our best.  This is just the kind of thing Jesus was born for.  Truly!  He came to set us free from all that hinders us from being our best.  He gives us victory over sin and I'd say eating unhealthy and causing our bodies to be sick is sin -- since sin is whatever causes us to fall short of God's glory.  This is really good news!  We should shout it from the roof tops!  :D  Blessings to all!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good to hear from you, Crick, here and in the 100# Club.  Just think how much better you look and feel this year than you did last Christmas.  You are truly an inspiration to us all.  Merry Christmas to you and all my friends here on this board!  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Doodlebug  *hug*

So great to see you!  I am so happy for you and your success and think of you often. Thanks so much for coming on and giving us an update on how you are doing. Have a wonderful Christmas - I know you will enjoy every moment of the happiness you deserve.

Pam,  *hug*

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. I know I look forward to seeing you in the new year.

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I'm so glad I found this community!  I haven't been posting as much since reaching my goal.  I think it is more because of the new puppy, though.  Training her takes a bit more time and focus!  She is doing great and it is so much better than when Stevie Rae was a puppy, because I'm home and can tend to her.  She is using the paper to go to the bathroom most of the time and we are pretty amazed at this.  She is so much fun and is so bright and cute.  She is going to be around 3-4 lbs. when she is full grown, I think.  She has grown a lot in the 2 1/2 weeks we've had her.  Today she is 9 weeks old.  She eats well and is curious and exploring.  She was trying to nibble on the (artificial) Christmas tree yesterday!  :shock:  I got her interested in something else.  She is teething and prefers our fingers and toes -- so I'm constantly getting her interested in something else to chew on!  Ouch!  Sometimes she gets under my neck and on my shoulder sort of and falls asleep.  It is so sweet.  There are many joys that go along with having a puppy.  I would want to take her with me everywhere -- and is small enough to get away with it.  I want to find some sort of carrier that I can bring her with me on my walks.  I think she'd enjoy that.  I've seen them before in pet catalogs before, so I know they exist.