I'm down 52 lbs!!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
redkat

Re: I'm down 52 lbs!!!

Post by redkat »

Your success is such encouragement to others.  Congratulations on what you've already accomplished and what I know you will achieve as you head for that 100 lb goal.  You're gonna look "hot" in that new wardrobe!!
Kathy
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

What a testimonial!  It works for everyone.  I love reading these because, I tell so many people about LDL now, and I wonder sometimes, does everyone experience the same.  I think they do.  But at different rates, but it still comes off.  GREAT JOB! :thumbsup:
dinker

Post by dinker »

Wow...and so quickly.  When you say you are religious about following the plan....could you give us newbies some of your daily food plans?
I have at least 40 lbs to loose and so far in three weeks am down 8.
I just worry that I am going to get into a rut with what I eat because it is fast and easy.
Thanks for any successions you can give a newbie.
A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you!  You rock! :rose:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVNzKsO/]
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Hi again...

For Newbie...

I do eat the plan religiously... I'm a chef and caterer, so I have to taste food that isn't on plan... so... gross but true... I chew and don't swallow to taste for salt and flavor.

Also, I ONLY eat fruit for breakfast and for dinner... that is the secret for faster weight loss.. I know everyone talks about what they can add to the plan, and they want to eat this or that...
but if we are all truthful, eating those things is what got us in this predicament in the first place.

I don't bother with corn thins, or popcorn... and I try to do all my cooking for the week on one day only.  I make three soups, cut up tons of fruit, pre cook all my veggies, and for each meal, I just grab, re heat or warm, and enjoy.  Much of the time, food tastes better after a day, so the flavors can meld together.  I make all my own stocks, so I know exactly what's in them, and I add no salt, until I'm ready to use it in a recipe.  I don't eat bread, potatoes, or dairy anymore, and I have no problem with swelling anymore and when I have to take penicillin, I dont get the dreaded yeast infections anymore either.  This is simply, a miracle way to eat... plain and simple.  The abundance of foods we are able to eat, far outweigh what we shouldn't.  Oh, and contrary to what other's say about limiting comsumption of the amount of food eaten at each meal... balderdash... on some days, I can down a half a watermelon,  bananas and an apple JUST FOR BREAKFAST!  YES... AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT THAT WEEK!  on other days, I am barely hungry for an apple, and I make myself eat it.

As long as the food is healthly and nutritious... eat to your hearts content... you can't OD on fruit... eat up!

Hope this helps... I'm kinda one of those 'no nonsense' types...
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Sicilian Mama - Nicely done.  Will you be attending San Antonio in March?  That would be a great time to unveil your new you.
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Sicilian Mama, thanks for posting this. It's a great reminder to all of us and briefly outlines Roger's book. I printing it out and posting it on my fridge to help keep me focused. I love the no-nonsense 'tude. I'm the same with a touch of  "get it done"!  Thanks, El
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sicilian Mama -- you are awesome!  You have gotten this plan down well.  That is it in a nutshell.  I see why you've done so well. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

SM,

Congratulations!

I don't know how I missed this until tonight~But I am so glad to have seen it. Your success will inspire a lot of people who may be lurking out there;some who have just begun and are in doubt it will happen for them; and finally some of us who may have been here a while and will regain the inspiration to continue.  :thumbsup:

You mentioned two of THE most important things there is to know about LDL. You are following Roger's Basic plan (What some of us have called PURE) and that never misses, as you have proven. And what you said about making a decision. YES - each one of us has to decide that it is time to change our attitudes, our selves and our lives. By choosing good health and following Roger's plan we can all achieve success.

Well done! *hug*  ;)  :angel:

Julie  :rose:
lettucelose
New, but learning

Post by lettucelose »

Glad to hear you have done so well, it is inspiring.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUQ6A7m/]
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Sicilian Mama, what can I say that hasn't already been said?  You are AWESOME!  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose: One rose for every 10 pounds!  Keep it up!  How about a picture posted? Before & after.  I have been losing slow and steady and hope to have 50 pounds off in a year, so a picture would be nice. :D

*hug*
Ginny
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hey Mamma, You go girl! Glad to hear about you 52#'s gone!! Yeah for you!

hugs,
Bobbi :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
msdrina09
New, but learning

Post by msdrina09 »

[size=100][size=100][size=100]50 pounds in 4 months!!  [/size] [/size] [/size]

That is awesome and good for you...I am really hoping for those results.  I am about to start really following everything to the letter!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MsDrina09
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey SM,

I have some questions for you and I hope you don;t mind.  What time do you eat your meals?  Do you eat the food at one time or let it last over a couple of hours?

Also do you cook with EVOO?  If yes, then how much do you use? Do you eat tomato sauce?  I sometimes think that even that little bit of processing may not be the optimum.  Do you ever have just a grilled chicken breast or other protein or is it always incorporated in your soups?  And finally how often do you eat beans?

When our LDL friends have the kind of success you have had, it is important to understand the nuances you have applied to LDL to accomplish that. Thanks so much for sharing your success with us and as I said in an earlier post ----
Congratulations!  You're doing AWESOME!

Julie :rose:
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Julie409...

Whew... lots of questions... but I am so happy to answer!!!

I try to eat my meals as follows...  Breakfast between 8-9 a.m.
                                              Lunch between 1-2 p.m.
                                              Dinner              6-8 p.m.

I eat a huge meal... all at once during the day... like today... braised spinach and onions, homemade taco salad (no cheese, no tortilla) on a bed of shredded cabbage, and a large salad with my homemade dressing...  Lunch last's about 30 minutes, then I eat nothing until dinner... if I get really hungry after lunch, say, at about 5... I eat my fruit... then have an apple at about 9 p.m. to fill me up again.

I eat tomato sauce all the time...BUT... I only make my own... I'm Italian... there is no such thing as a jar of pasta sauce from a store...LOL!

Yes, I frequently eat chicken breast or turkey meat... but truth be told, I don't bother much with only the breast... I eat the legs, thighs, no skin, and have lost like crazy...I'm frugal, and I enjoy dark meat more... so I eat the parts I like.

I eat beans ALL THE TIME... I incorporate them into every meal... no matter what... I buy tons of bean bags... and not a day goes by that I'm not cooking beans...

I cook for five people every day, three times a day... so we go through a lot of groceries... three boys 15, 13 an 10 and my and my hubby.  EVOO is the only oil I use, and I don't use it sparingly... i cook... so I am always using it... morning, noon and night.  The most important aspect of this eating plan is the evening meal... IT MUST BE FRUIT MOST OF THE TIME... thats what i believe.  I don't bother with portion control... i just eat until I'm full, sometimes it's a trough of food, and sometimes it's a handfull of grapes... I just don't care how much fruit I consume... it works. 
I eat corn every single day, and not just a little...  alot!  Peas too!  No bread, ever, or pasta, or dairy.  I am addictied to cabbage, and eat it all the time.  Hope this helps!!! Thanks for asking!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi SM,

Thanks so much for graciously answering my questions  *hug*  especially so late as night- or early in the morning as you just did.  I believe it will help a lot of us to stay on track.  What you have described is what a lot of us KNOW works best and Roger himself has chimed in to confirm that.

I have been trying to incorporate cabbage into my eating as I know there are a lot of health benefits from it. I've added it to soups and also tried to saute it with carrot and broccoli slaw, but I am not diggin it. I will have to look for some recipes that are more appealing. Do you have any recipes posted?  I am going to take a look as soon as I post this. Thanks again SM. I really appreciate it.  *love*

BTW, I can only imagine the amount of food shopping and cooking you do to keep 5 people eating healthy esp including 4 men/mini men  :laughing: I would say the grocery shopping and food prep is all the exercise you need!    :D

Julie :rose:
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Cabbage... YUM!!!

Shredded Cabbage

Paprika

Taco Seasoning

Montreal Steak Rub

Onions

Saute Cabbage and onion together in a skillet with EVOO... when wilted to your preference, add any of the seasonings above to the mixture, or all of them if you choose, and saute one more minute...

Sometimes I like to stir in a couple of eggs or egg whites to the mix if it's breakfast and I'm out of fruit (which is a sin around here)...  I LOVE it this way... cabbage takes on a very sweet flavor when fried...

I like it also with frozen, saute'd corn, peppers, beans, zucchini, scallions, and made into a hash... SOOOOOO YUMMY... and if I'm really hungry... sometimes I eat the entire pan if it's meat free!

Oh yeah... sometimes I mix in ground turkey to make it a lunch...

Hope this helps!
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Sicilian Mama.....  I went to your blog sight and you never mention "Lets Do Lunch"....Mabe I missed it....Congrats on your weight loss....I have lost all my weight....It's been a couple of years since I lost it and still am maintaining...

Preachwife
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I've mentioned it a few times... I mention it a lot on Facebook, and have several people post on my wall about it, and I talk about it a lot on FB...

My blog is more about writing to get my 'stuff' off my chest... and my life and my opinions on things...

I probably should post more about LDL on it... I do have some followers, and it would get the word out more...  I'll do it soon.

Right now... I'm on my way to fight a traffic ticket in court... Wish me luck!!! LOL
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

I forgot about the cabbage.  When we do have it, I cut it up into bit size pieces, fill the frying pan, add some water. cover til soft. remove the lid and let it brown.  Salt & pepper.  Thanks for the idea for adding other spices.  You can also cook raw spinage this way without adding any moisture.  jj
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I don't add any water to any veggies, because a little salt and pepper renders the natural water from most veggies...

I am all about adding copious amounts of flavor to my food, without adding calories or glutens or sugars.

Also, remember... regular table salt has more sodium than Kosher or flake or sea salt... so use those instead, less sodium, and more flavor, because the salt crystal sits differently on your tongue when it's a larger piece or flaked, therefore offering a better flavor profile.

I enjoy a good carmelization on my veggies, and allow the natural sugars in them to brown, without added water... but if water floats your boat... go with it!  It's all good! ;)