I'm down 52 lbs!!!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

I'm down 52 lbs!!!

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I am sooooo excited!

I'm officially down 52 lbs!

I started July 14, 2009... I am RELIGIOUS about staying on plan.  I don't waver.

I am a chef, and when I taste food that isn't on plan, I do something gross... I chew and get rid of it, without swallowing. 

Hey, Wine tasters do it all the time!

My body has become a fat fighting, lower blood pressure, no more swelling feet, no more cravings, machine!

Never before has a plan been so easy to follow, and so satisfying at the same time!  My clothes are so lose now... I am "shopping" in my own closet!  I have a lot more to go... but I'm not worried...I will reach my goal, and keep it for a lifetime!  My hubby is down 40 lbs, and my kids have all become lean, mean, fat fighting machines... and they didn't have any weight to lose... they just got healthier and stronger by following with us!

Don't wait!  Start the plan NOW!!!  Eat until you are so full, you'll think you'll burst... and watch the weight melt off!  People can't believe how much food is "allowed" on this plan, and when they see the size of my salads or bowls of soup, they are incredulous!  The proof is in MY size... it's much smaller!

Thank you God and LDL!  What a miracle!!!
jjelli

Re: I'm down 52 lbs!!!

Post by jjelli »

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sicilian Mama -- CONGRATULATIONS!

I thought that deserved a really big congratulations and deserves the color red too!  Whoa!  :thumbsup:  What an inspiration you are!

You started a couple of weeks after me.  You will reach your goal, and you've taken your whole family for the ride.  That is wonderful.  We are all turning into lean, mean, fat-fighting machines!  Isn't it the most amazing thing?  I still can't believe how easy it was to get to 5 lbs. away from my goal.  I never thought I'd see this weight again and I'm so blessed by it.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Mama- You go girl!!!  That is incredible :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:!!! Pam
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

SM,

WAY TO GO GIRL!  You must be flying through your clothes.  I just purchase three of anything in any size now, a pair to wear, a pair in the wash and one in the drawers (alright, two of anthing in the wash and one on). 

Way to go, way to go, way to go go, girl!

RB Kayaking
paulineann39
New, but learning

Post by paulineann39 »

wow this is really incorageing to hear
I am just starting this journey on Ldl
way to go I am excited for you! how wonderful set free indeed
*love*    o yea ...Im Pauline
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

Congratulations!  :D  What a testimony to this program.  It is amazing how much we can eat and lose weight.  Being satisfied on your journey certainly makes a difference.  With the cravings gone, you don't have to worry about gaining it back.  This is a way of life!  Enjoy your success.  Wearing those smaller clothes will certainly keep you on track as you lose the rest.  I agree -- anyone that is reading this to find out about LDL -Start NOW!!!! You will not be sorry!  Country Girl  :)
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I am so impressed! How Wonderful!
What a great testimony!
Congratulations!  :rose:

That's what I'm heading for too! (fat fighting ...... machine :) )
Last edited by Bethann on November 7th, 2009, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

TO ALL OF YOU THAT REPLIED...

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

I want everyone to have success!  just stick with it... and come on these boards when the going gets  tough!!! it really , really helps!  To think I used to think that I had to attend a meeting every week and pay money to attend the meeting to have even nominal success!  All you need is a will... and a way!!!

Thank you all! :inlove:
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Crickadoodle!!!

ONLY FIVE MORE TO GO???? THEN YOU WILL BE LEAN FOR LIFE!!!

WOOOO TO THE HOOOOOOOO! :thumbsup: :D :laughing: ;D
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Congratulations! Sicilian Mama this is really encouraging to hear. You started almost 2 months before I did, I started on Sept 8th, 2009 and I am right behind you girl.... as of right now I have lost about 27 lbs, will know tomorrow, as its my scales day...you keep up the great way of eating and before long you will be reached your goal.  And again CONGRATULATIONS!

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

"To think I used to think that I had to attend a meeting every week and pay money to attend the meeting to have even nominal success!  All you need is a will... and a way!!!"

Scilian Mama, I love how you say things!   :rose:  That's exactly how I feel!    :)
Last edited by Bethann on November 7th, 2009, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sister4Him
New, but learning

Post by Sister4Him »

Wonderful Sicilian Mama!

What an inspiration to see so many losing weight in a healthy manner.  I have tried every diet in the world and until I got started on this one, did I realize my sugar cravings was from all the processed and sweet foods. 

Keep up the good work and I am so excited for you!

God Bless,
Sister4Him :angel:
Sister4Him

Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Oh how great.  The new way of eating is so rewarding.  52 WOW  Keep it up
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
Linda1930
New, but learning

Post by Linda1930 »

[b]THAT IS SOOOO TOTALLY AWESOME!!!![/b]

I have people in my family who have had gastric band & bypass surgeries who have not accomplished that rate of weight loss.

You have no idea how encouraging your success is.  I've been depressed because I thought everyone else is losing all the weight now that they've had surgery and felt I would be the only "fat" woman in the family.  Wahoo!!! Now I know I can be just as slim as the rest without having surgery and not run the risk of complications.  Thank you Jesus for showing a healthy fulfilling way to get healthy. 

Bless you girfriend and keep up the good work.
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Oh Linda...

My brother just had the "surgery" 6 months ago, and although he has lost a lot of weight, he has to take a truck load of vitamins and supplements to maintain health.  He is losing hair, and muscle strength... it is so sad...

Losing weight is about soooo much more than just looking good... we have to FEEL good too... and after only 2 days on this plan, I began to feel instantly better... on the inside first.

Keep the faith, Linda... you WILL NOT BE THE only overweight beauty in your family.  The surgery is great for some, but for those of us with this option, I believe this one is the one that will finally work, and we will be able keep the weight off forever... because we are not only changing the size of our stomachs... but we are also changing our MINDS!!! 

We have to decide to make this work, and not rely on the size of our stomachs to determine how much we eat... We are learning to eat until full, of the bounty of everything healthy and filling and nourishing.

We are finally feeding our bodies as well as eating with abandon, the luscious, rainbow of fruits and veggies God provided for us. 

What a true blessing!  Good luck to you and everyone!
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Hey what a story.  I will forward this story to alot of my friends.  This is very encouraging!  Thank you for your encouragement.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Linda, I'm so glad you found this way of eating with the rest of us.  What a blessing!  You will lose the weight and you didn't have to get the surgery to do it.  Well, you are going to need that money anyway for a new wardrobe!  (Probably several on the way down in several sizes!  :laughing: )  I know that I'm not getting too many clothes until I know what size I'm going to be. 

Sicilian Mama is such an inspiration!  What a blessing to see how well you're doing and how God is using you to encourage others!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Awww... shucks... thanks...

I won't be buying any new clothes for a while...

I'm thinking of having an "unveileing" this spring... when I am hopefully down a total of 100 lbs... then I'll show my new self off in some new clothes!!!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Sicilian Mama wrote:I won't be buying any new clothes for a while...
I'm thinking of having an "unveileing" this spring... when I am hopefully down a total of 100 lbs... then I'll show my new self off in some new clothes!!!
Nice 'tude!  I love it!
mrsj