New here

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
lpomlove

New here

Post by lpomlove »

I have bought everything, got my ticker ready and so excited.  I will make meals and freeze them so they will be easier, and not creamy things so I thought this would be okay, please let me know if it isn't.  I will start tomorrow.  I haven't been so sure of anything else except homeschool in my life.  I thank God for all this and everyone who is involved.  I watch the 700 club daily and order the book as soon as it was over.  any suggestions for a newbie, feel free, want to learn alllll I can..  :)  Jessica
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: New here

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jessica- You have the right attitude and are prepared.  Now hang on for the most exciting ride of your life- the train to Skinnytown.  Follow the book; don't try to reinvent Roger's plan, ask for help from anyone on this wonderful board.  Believe it will happen.  This plan never fails if followed as Roger wrote it.  Congratulations on making such an important and life-changing decision.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jessica, Welcome.  Pam put it so well.  God answered my prayers for losing weight by leading me to LDL.  I have never experienced anything like it.  I eat bountiful food in abundance and lose weight.  Follow the plan, it works.  And EAT, Eat, Eat.  :D :D Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Jessica, I prayed for a livet -- something I could live with for life that would keep me slim.  I have found it with Let's Do Lunch.  To think that less than 5 months ago I weighed 38 lbs. more than I do today.  I haven't felt deprived at all and truly have stuck to the plan as LDL is written for the 5 months.  The only non LDL items were a lick of my husband's ice cream, because he insisted -- I didn't want it or need it or crave it in any way -- some ribs at a barbecue place when we were on vacation and I finished a hot chocolate my husband bought.  All of these were when we were on vacation and I didn't gain or lose that week.  Pretty good for a vacation.  LDL is now a part of me and I know how to choose wisely at restaurants.  I know that I do not need to eat cake (recent wedding) just because everyone else feels they do, or ice cream cake (yesterday's birthday party) because everyone around me is enjoying theirs.  I don't crave the stuff and I'm not taking a chance on it setting off cravings again.  It just isn't desired and why eat something I'm not really wanting just because in the past I really enjoyed that taste.  Those were the things that made me fat. 

My best advice to you is to think logically about it.  What makes this way of eating work is eating foods as unprocessed as possible.  Also, no grains (except that corn is a grain and is allowed, but for me I lose best without it, so I only eat it occasionally) or dairy products (lots of other foods have more calcium than dairy).  Eat lean meats at your big lunch with beans and veggies until full.  Don't fear eating too much, just eat until full.  (When you have cravings you can tend to keep eating until it actually hurts, because you just want that taste.  I honestly never overeat.  It never hurts and there is no flavor that I feel I have to just keep eating.  It is the coolest thing.  I am full, but not stuffed!)  If you eat just fruit for breakfast and dinner, you will lose best.  If you aren't satisfied with just fruit, allowances have been made for eating other things like beans, soup, popcorn, etc.  -- but originally it was just fruit.  Eating just fruit will make you lose faster, though.  The important part to understand is you eat the complete protein only at lunch.  Some people choose to eat eggs (which are complete protein) at breakfast and then their meat at lunch -- again this is allowed, but probably isn't the optimal way to lose.  So, there is a lot of room for individual tastes and you will have to decide these things for yourself.  I try to follow what is going to give me optimal success.  That's my decision. 

Welcome to a way of eating that will set you free.  I have found that there is a clear parallel to me what happens when the power of sin is broken when you receive what Jesus did for you on the cross and having the power of cravings broken over you in matters of foods you eat through this way of eating.  Wait until you've experienced this for a few months.  You will understand fully what I'm talking about.
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

Thanks to all, I just love to read things on here, and REALLY love the fact that everyone is there to help.  and of course having God in each one I have read.. so great..