TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Post by LINDA RN »

Image I posted on your Journal that the EVOC you got sounds good to me. The jar I got for $28.00 was 32 oz. Let me know how the popcorn tastes. I was told years ago that the theaters used coconut oil to pop their popcorn and that is what made it taste and smell so good. BTW I just read something about the artificial butter flavor in the microwave popcorn has been known to be toxic but they continue to use it. Glad I never liked the artificial suff anyway.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Thanks again Linda, I also read that and had already quit using the bagged microwave popcorn, I use the regular corn and pop myself in my microwave popcorn bowl. 
Linda how do you get that cute bear and Christmas tree on you post...that is so neat...

Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on December 11th, 2009, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

ImageActually, I went on a search for some other gifs  or emoticons. I also use Trillian that combines about 4 or 5 Instant messengers. They had an emoticon of a steaming mug and another one of a Christmas tree. I found I could not paste it into my posts and have it display so I did a search. Found this site http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons-objects-004.php and used the Christmas one. Copy and paste the URL in the Forum underneath and it will show in the preview if it will work. Never did find a cup of coffee I liked, but this was a start. Have fun and let me know how the popcorn tastes.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Image  Thanks Linda as you can see it worked...
and I tried the coconut oil for my popcorn tonight and you can't taste the coconut...but they say it is good for you so I will keep using unless it stops my weight loss...

Today was a good day because I learned something new...

Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on December 12th, 2009, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image You did great with so little instruction! Congratulations!
Linda

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Double D,

Thanks so much for putting up this topic. I have been reading and have been moved by everyone's posts. So much so, that I have not been able to form a proper reply :blush:  :'(    But I wanted to say Hello for now and let you all know I am thinking of you. I will come back when I have more time to introduce myself properly and also to acknowledge what you all have said.

I believe there is going to be a lot of power here that we all can draw from. Make it a great day!  *hug*

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome to all the newcomers to this site the past couple of days.  We all have so many things in common other than our weight goals.  I am a retired RN.  I love to sew, knit, and quilt.  I own a custom dressmaking business, mostly bridal design and alteration.  I have been married to my wonderful husband for 43 years (I was only 19).  This thread is a great place to share our struggles and successes as we achieve our dreams!  Pam
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Wow, so many new members since I was last here.  Hi to everybody!!

I was thinking about 'dieting' today, as I often do  ;D and I was thinking about the things we humans desperately try to hold onto when God is ready to bless us with something so much better if we'd only open our hands (and minds) and let go of the old in order to receive the new.  Like FOOD!  I think some people have to be in dire situations before they are receptive to new ideas, especially when it comes to the food they eat.  I was willing to try ANY diet, but always with the thought of going back to my old way of eating as soon as my goal was reached.  I never thought I could live without my old favorites...Pepsi, pizza, M&M Peanuts, etc.  But, 3 months of LDL has changed my mind about so many things, the most important of these is what I fuel my body with.  

I keep thinking of the Joyce Meyer quote that mrsj posted awhile back...in essence, God put Adam & Eve in a GARDEN for a purpose.  And, if the type of foods we eat were not important, then HE would not have mentioned it in the Bible.  I'm really messing this up.  I'm gonna find that quote and add it to this post.

In the meanwhile, Happy LDL Eating, everyone!
Last edited by o2bthin on December 13th, 2009, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra I found the quote you were looking for....

Had to share what my Joyce Meyer devotion book said for 9/18:

Making Healthy Choices

"Learn to do everything you do for God's glory, including eating.  Look at your dinner plate and ask if what you are about to eat is mostly what God created for you.  Don't view eating as a secular event that has nothing to do with your relationship with God.  Don't forget that God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and told them what they could eat.  If eating had nothing to do with their walk with Him, He probably would not have mentioned food.  Make good choices! Each time you choose good healthy foods, you are choosing life, which is God's gift to you.  He wants you to look great and feel great, and you can, if you keep in mind that your body is the temple of God and the fuel you put into it determines how it will operate and for how long."

Sandra thanks for sending this to me, and wanting to put it on the 100 lb club thread....this is a great way of looking at eating now, that I have never through of before.....Love it  *love*

Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on December 13th, 2009, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Gee, Deb, you are quick, girl!!  Must be all those pounds you are shedding!!!
Beginning weight - 247                 

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra I just remembered that you had sent it to me, so I found it and put it here for you....If you want to post it yourself let me know and I will delete the other one...and I do find myself moving faster then before  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

NanaX2
New, but learning

Post by NanaX2 »

Well today is one week on LDL, so far so good. I really think this is a way of eating that I will be able to continue. I've been eating when hungry..and have noticed today that I wasn't ravenous at lunchtime and I filled up quicker than I had earlier in the week. For lunch, I made some turkey breast/ground sirloin burgers and "Bill's Bean Cakes w/Salsa" - those things were delish..! I've found it hard to just eat fruit for dinner though and have been eating veggies along with the fruit.

Anyway...hope everyone has had a great Lord's day so far. It's raining here in Georgia. Cold and messy....perfect weather for bean soup huh..?  :D

Love in Christ,
Shari
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

NanaX2- Congratulations on completing the first week on your new, lifetime eating plan.  Don't you feel great that you've accomplished this!?  Pam
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Nana...

Heck... fruits and veggies for dinner is WAAAAY better than all the other stuff we used to eat for dinner, to get us all in our predicaments... HUH???

I say... eat all the fruits and veggies and soups you can for dinner... you will still lose weight... and the longer you are on the plan, the less you will see you will want to eat at night...

It is quite simply... THE ONLY WAY TO EAT... ever...

Congrats on week one!!!

One day at a time... we will all be healthy and lighter!!!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

My family left this afternoon.  We had our early family Christmas weekend.  There were close to 40 people here and our house is not that large.  Actually only 6 slept here, but everyone arrived early and stayed late starting Friday afternoon.  We had a wonderful weekend which involved a lot of food and treats.  I ate Pizza Soup Friday night while the rest enjoyed my husband's great homemade pizza.  I consumed 1# of baby carrots while they were grazing, also popcorn sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice and stevia (yum!).  A veggie omelet for breakfast while they had bagel sandwiches with bacon, ham, cheese, and eggs.  A whopping big salad for lunch, then chicken and veggies while they ate the Chinese dinner we had catered in.  This morning I had grapes while they had breakfast casserole and donuts.  I did consume a total of 4 bags of popcorn over the weekend while they ate cookies, chips and dip, cookies, more cookies, wine, margaritas, cheese and crackers, bla,bla, bla!  Everyone was in amazement that I didn't stray from my plan.  They kept telling me that I look "spectacular."  I really never felt deprived and had no desire to deviate from my plan.  Like my cookie-making Sunday, I continue to be amazed by the way this plan satisfies me and makes life so easy.  I am so confident that Christmas will be easy and not the eating orgy that I have had previous years.  Before LDL I didn't think it was possible not to succumb to the siren calls of all the holiday goodies and family specialties!  Pam
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Hi everyone,

I too need to lose over 100 pounds.  It is way daunting.  But, I am happy to be here, and to have found this group on LDL.  I hate getting advice from people who have only ever lost 40 pounds.  They just have no clue what it's like to be reallly fat, lol.  I know that no matter how much weight you have to lose it is still challenging, but you all know what I mean.  It is sooo no the same!!!  Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself to the group.  I can't wait to get to know you all better.  Have a great week ~jess
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jessica- You are in the right place; we all understand.  Congratulations on making a life-altering decision.  Pam
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Jessica, welcome to the group.  Glad to have you with us.  And, you will be soooo glad you chose to do LDL...it is an amasing way to lose weight and get healthy. 
Beginning weight - 247                 

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Pam, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your family and you did great!!!  You should be so proud of yourself, girl!

Deborah D. and I have our family Christmas party coming up on the 19th, and will draw inspiration from your 'spectacular' example.  LOL!  (I can't wait until I start getting comments like that!)  Don't know what kind of food will be there except 2 hams and lots of chips and dips and soda.  I'm taking a cranberry & orange salad and some pickled asparagus.  I think Deb is bringing Zucchini Lasagna.  And, I had not thought of taking popcorn until I read your post.  Thank you!  I shall be popping popcorn, tons of it, for our party.

Our party will just last one evening, and I'm thankful...I'm not as strong when faced with temptation as Deborah is.  But, for one night, if well armed with LDL foods, I'll be fine.

Christmas Day at my house will be very low-key...I'm not planning on doing a lot of cooking and I doubt if there's anyone here but me and the folks.  So, if I make it through Saturday night, I'm good until Easter!!!
Beginning weight - 247                 

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

O2- You and Deborah will do well with each other's support.  You have already planned ahead to take LDL food.  The popcorn will help.  I ate 3 gallons of popped corn and tons of veggies.  I look forward to hearing your "spectacular" report.  Pam