TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Post by Deborah D. »

Jess the apples with cinammon sounds good, will have to try that tomorrow...

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Well Ladies I have lose another 3 lbs for the month of Jan...That makes a total of 40 lbs gone.  Thanks for all the help alone the way.  I still have a long way to go, at least 100 more pounds but I know that before long they will be gone too.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

That's great Deborah.  That's 20 pounds a month.  You have this plan down to a science so you know the add'l weight will come off too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

tonz2day I have been eating this way for 5 month yesterday, so it is 8 lbs a month which I think is still great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.  I think 20 lbs a month would be nice, but may be a little to fast for me.....I want to be healthy and slim  :rose:...not just slim.

I want to once again let everyone know how much, your comments means to me and how they help to keep me encouraged.  Love this group so much, I thank each and every one of you.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go, Deborah!  Aren't you just so happy with yourself!!!?  Got to go, 2 minutes on this Public Library computer.  The cruise was great and camping fun.  I've been able to stay on plan, however, I really miss my popcorn.  Hi to EVERYONE!!!!!  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Pam
We have really, really missed you.  Glad you had a good time
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks so much, Wendy!  Glad you're back up and posting.  Feeling well?  I have missed this group so very much.  I knew you all were important to me, but not how much until I didn't have computer access.  Love you all and see you skinnier when I'm back full time.  In the meantime, I'll catch what I can, 30 minutes at a time on the public library computers.  Love- Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

DD,

I think you are doing Fantastic!  8 lbs a month is fabulous! (Especially when you consider it could be going in the other direction  :laughing: ) Congratulations!

I am one of those people who wants the weight off yesterday but I am beginning to understand that it will happen when my body is ready. Like you, I prefer to be healthy. So I am trying to enjoy the process, learning a lot about food and how my body reacts to it. For now I am grateful to be a part of this community with all of you.  *hug*

Hi Pam,  *hug* Good to hear from you!  Glad your cruise and camping were fun!

Julie :rose:
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Frieght_chick, 

DARCY, GO OUT AND CLOG!!!! :D 

I started clogging at about 54 years old (I'm now 58) and 245 pounds (now about 197).  I am by far NOT the oldest clogger . . . in one of the groups (they think I am "just a kid", one lady is in her 80's) and I am by far NOT the heaviest (I have seen at least one other clogger that has to be more than 250 pounds and she is good)  I Hate to exercise, BUT I can dance all day. So, GO OUT AND CLOG!!!!

Jessica, I, too, have gone from a 2x pjs to an XL.  I have tried sizes in a few tops but they range from L to 2XL depending on what I try on.  For now, I am mostly taking in my clothes I have.  I'm hoping next winter when we get back to Florida I will go on a shopping spree, you can take in clothes only so far before you have to get new ones.

I'm "holding" where I am now.  I eat out A LOT when we are here and I exercise with clogging.  I have taken off inches and toned up and think I am doing good by not gaining weight.  As much as I would like to be skinny, I'm with Deborah, I want to be slim & healthy.  So I just figure I am letting my body catch up with me.  After the LDL convention I will not be eating out as much so I plan to see the scale dropping.  I do try to stay LDL true when I eat out but sometimes even that doesn't work with salt and stuff they use and a lot of places don't really "cook" the food they serve (just heat and serve) so they have no control over what's in it.  And when I go out with a group I don't always get to pick where we eat.

*hug*
Ginny
blessed

Post by blessed »

I have seen the rebounder mentioned on this thread.  I have one and was just wondering how much and what type of exercise you do?  I know there is the health bounce where your feet don't actually come off the mat, which is probably all I could do at this time.  Do you think that would help?  I need to lose about 120 (or more) pounds, and don't know if that would do me any good.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Blessed!

ANY movement will do you good, whether you have 20 or 120 pounds to lose. The rebounder is especially good because that up and down motion is what activates your lymphatic system, which is a major factor in cleansing and purifying your body -- especially helpful in detoxing the stuff your body is flushing out of your cells on LDL (Note to self -- get the rebounder out more often!) The rebounder is usually very kind to the joints, too, especially if you are bouncing gently. If your knees, hips, feet, or ankles won't encourage you to walk much right now, any time spent on the rebounder will help. Also, you can build up a strength routine with free weights (even canned veggies work as free weights!) or resistance bands. Active muscles burn more calories. I don't have a regular exercise program, though I need to make the time to do a few minutes every day -- but I do find excuses to walk more, climb more stairs, and just generally move more.

Whatever you choose to do -- enjoy it!
Terri
blessed

Post by blessed »

Thanks for the info tprouty.  My knee is giving me a lot of pain right now, but I will give it a try.  Thanks again.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Blessed! 

I am a great advocate for exercise. It really doesn't matter how much you weigh or what issues you have, you almost always can find some exercise that you can do. And I think it is really great that you are thinking about it. There are so many benefits to exercise that it cannot be ignored and a lot of them you cannot even see. Your body will do everything more efficiently.  :thumbsup:

I wholeheartedly agree with Terri  *hug* If you are having issues with your knees, please check with your doctor to make sure that the exercise you are choosing will not do you any harm. The rebounder is fantastic and is not supposed to have a jarring effect on your joints. When I am looking for no impact exercise, I turn to my glider.  If you do not wish to invest in one of those then you might try the weight training. You can even do that sitting down and it will still have a positive effect. It will build muscle and that will increase your metabolism. All good! And what a lot of people do not realize is that you can use very light weights and still get the benefits. And you do not need to exercise all at once. You can break it up into 10 minute sessions.  :cool:

So YEAH, for exercise! What I know for sure is that the day after I exercise, I have more energy and my appetite is diminished.

Hope to hear some great progress from you soon!  And I hope your knees are better!  :kissed:

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Blessed  *HUGS*  I just wanted to add my two cents to this thread.  I still have about 200 lbs to lose.  It has been amazing to me that even the smallest movements help me to feel better.  When I was at my heaviest 367 pounds, I could barely walk around the house without getting winded.  I'm only five feet tall.  My first exercises were sitting in my chair and dancing in my chair.  I would wave my arms around and sling them up over my head.   :laughing:  If anyone had seen me they would have thought I was crazy!  But I would do that for like 15 -20 minutes to my favorite music.  It got my heart rate up and therefore I was burning more calories.  

Then I started walking some.  At first I was doing good just to walk out to my car and back.  When I would go grocery shopping I would have to take a break at the pharmacy and sit down.  Somedays, if I was really hurting I would have to take two breaks.  One at the pharmacy and one at the deli.  They are on opposite sides of the store.  These days, unless my knee is giving me fits of pain, I can make it all the way around the store without having to sit down at all.  As I continue to lose and continue to move it just keeps getting better.  

So I told you all that just to say, be kind to yourself.  Don't hurt yourself or beat yourself up if you can't do the same exercises as some of our brothers and sisters here who are smaller.  You will get there.  Then one day we will be the ones sharing with another about how many marathons we can run.   :thumbsup:

I have already won the blue ribbon for two times around the store in one day marathon!   :laughing:  Just ask Snoopy.  

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Karen Weeks »

Just wanted to congratulate all of you in this club.  I don't qualify but if y'all don't mind I would love to keep reading your success stories.  Keep up the good work  Karen
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Karen feel free to read all you want in this thread.....we plan on being here a while and love all the comments and encouragement we can get.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi LP,  *hug*

I just wanted to tell you again how inspiring you are to everyone. I celebrate all your victories and can't wait until you reach the next one. When one of us reaches a goal, whether it is weight lost, or inches lost, or fitting into a new size or walking around the supermarket - 2x; it is a victory for all of us!

Happy Sunday!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Julie  *hug*  You are really so sweet.  I do NOT feel like an LDL inspiration with all of the times I've had to restart since I got back.  For me right now my small win is that I do keep trying.  I know in my heart that LDL is the only real answer for me.  But You are soooooo sweet to say that. 

Fit, Happy and Healthy LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

Just wondering for anyone who has come close or exceeded the 100# mark.  Do you find setting smaller goals easier?  Or just look to the light at the end of the tunnel.  I know for me, the fact that I have 100# +  to lose is daunting.  I've lost almost 20# but still have so much to lose.  What tips and tricks do you use to keep yourself focused.  My issue is I get down about 40# or so and then just seem to get disinterested b/c 40# doesn't even begin to make me look any thinner.  Please give me some hints, tips or tricks to help me stay on track this time.  I really need to be successful.  And am having a down day so would like some encouragement from 100 lb club.
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have so much weight to lose I set small goals.  I set the first goal at 40 lbs but that seemed like to  much so now I set the next one for 30 lbs and we will see how that goes.  I may set 20 lb goals.  Once I get below 300 I will decide what works.  If I look at the whole amount I need to lose I would get to overwhelmed.  I have been on LDL since Nov 5th so I am still pretty new but have lost 40 + lbs.