TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Re: TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Post by julie409 »

HI Nana,

I am so happy for your daughter and I know you are thrilled. She is having incredible results and so will you. Can't wait for a progress report.  :thumbsup:

I am going to weigh myself on Christmas Eve morning and then just forget about it for a while.  :stop:  I know I will not overindulge and stick pretty close to plan. LDL has freed me from those cravings for gooey melted cheesy things and sweet bready things. I don 't know how I used to eat all that. :sick:   I have a big honkin' mozzarella and a container of marinated fresh mozzarella in the frig. In the old days, I would just keep eating that until it was gone.  :blink:

For Everyone,
I hope that each and every one of you has a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful time with your family and friends. Be safe and may the peace of the season touch your heart.  :angel:

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on December 18th, 2009, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Re: Gwennaford's Journal
« Reply #898 on: Today at 06:51:37 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to everyone for the words of support and encouragement!

I would be happy to join the 100 lb. Club. Send me a link. My computer's put away & the phone doesn't access the LDL menu very well.

Can someone help me get the link to Gwennaford so she can join our 100 lb club.  I can't get my link to copy so I can send it too her...Please help.........If some of you have never read Gwennafords journal please take the time and read some of it...she is just an awesome lady and has lost 111 lbs so far. Her journal is one of the ones I read all the time, because I love her journal....and I think if she can lose 111 lbs then so can I.  I had asked her to join our group because I believed she would inspire us and encourage us all.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Thank you Little Mary....one of these day's I will find  out what I am doing wrong with the different links and be able to do it myself.  And I am so glad to know that others beside us 100 lb club read our threads...  I hope that we can be an encouragement to others some day and help them alone the journey to skinnytown even if they don't have 100 or more pounds to lose....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

ImageI was spending hours and hours trying to read everything. Then I noticed at the top beside my avitar (which by the way still doesn't show) there were 2 links, one said Show unread posts since last visit and the other said Show new replies to your posts. Now, I just click on those and I stay updated.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Well Thanks any way Little Mary for sending the link to Gwenn, and for dropping by our club...feel free to drop by any time....make suggestion  :rose:, write new recipes for foods that are sooooo delish.... :thumbsup:.

there were 2 links, one said Show unread posts since last visit and the other said Show new replies to your posts. Now, I just click on those and I stay updated.
 Linda RN that is also how I do it, but I only read the one that said show unread posts since last visit....because if you read that first then the other will be empty when you go there, so it just saves me a couple of clicks on the computer keyboards....

Well I got the pralines for tonight's party made and just waiting for them to cool and get hard, so I can but on tray and wrap up....I ate breakfast early because I was going to make these today and did not want to eat any of this junk....now all I got left to make is the Lasagna for Saturday night and I will be done...I can sure tell my body is not at its best right now, I am so tried all I want to do is go back to bed and rest....may do that before I do the lasagna...

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Linda,
Yep  :thumbsup:  Those are great so you can see what you may have missed. Sometimes there are dozens of new postings and it helps me to see them all grouped together.

HI Mary,
Thanks for the great tip!  I will have to try that. Hope all is well with you.  *hug*

DoubleD, what an awesome idea!  I love Gwen and she is such an inspiration to all of us. IT would be great if she could come here - even once in a while.  *love*

I have a little victory today. I thought I would share it with all of you, before posting it anywhere else. A few weeks ago, I bought 2 pairs of size 12 pants. They did not fit at all. Today they fit! YEAH!!!!  That is so exciting to me bc it shows it is not just about the scale. I haven't lost many more pounds though I have lost some, but the inches keep coming off. I am down 55 lbs and when I started I was just pushing into a size 18w. I only write that in case some of you are wondering since I started before a lot of you guys.

The really awesome thing is that I am finally able to get rid of all the extra clothes in the extra sizes that are no longer going to be hanging around mocking me. Now they can go to someone else that can use them.  It is a very cathartic process. I find - as many of us do - that as I am lightening myself and my closet, I also have the desire to lighten/brighten my home and office as well. Finally, I am lightening my hair - and speaking of which, I am off to get some highlights!  Red ones - to match the new spirit that is emerging (she said optimistically!).  :laughing: 

Now when the size 12 skinny jeans fit, my words will jump off the page!  There are 2 pairs waiting for me and giving me inspiration every day. ;D

Hope you are all having a spectacular day!

Julie :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Yah, Deb I kinda figured that out too, that clicking on unread posts clears the other one. Wish the second link would take you to posts you have posted in.

You really need to listen to your body and get the rest you need. When you don't, the immune system is compromised and, heaven forbid, viruses, bacteria and fungi have nothing to hold them back. Don't want you to get sick. Take some Vit C and D3 if you have not been already to build yourself back up.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Linda RN too late...I have a cold  :sick:...maybe that is why I was feeling so bad the last couple of days....but I did get up this morning and got everything I needed to get baked and cooked done  :thumbsup:....The pralines are in the tray covered and ready for tonight, *lipssealed* and the lasagna is cooling on the stove now just waiting for me to cover and put in the refrigerator (I must say I did taste this)  :inlove:....I have everything packed for our trip tomorrow...so I think I will finish reading all the new post on the website and then lay back down for awhile  :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:....I am so tried and I hurt all over.....but I am not going to let this keep me from having a good time at the family get together tomorrow night....I WILL BE GOOD AS NEW TOMORROW....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Hi all...

I don't know if you know this yet, or noticed... but WE ARE ON FACEBOOK NOW!!!  I like this site, here... but FB has SOOOOO many more options for us to post pictures easily, so we can all see things quickly...

So... come on over to FB too, and see the LDL fan site...

I truly believe, that because soooo many people use FB, that we can touch and help sooo many more people on there... and recipes can be added on there...

It's way more user friendly... and this site can always be linked to it...

I'll be there more than here from now on... just sayin'.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- Congratulations on the size 12s.  Yeah :rose:!!  I'll be there one day, probably next summer/fall.  For now I am thrilled to have traded in my 24s for 18s ;).
SMama- Please don't stay over at Facebook too much.  We would miss you too much, and I certainly don't have time to become addicted to both sites.  Pam
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Well... I can post pics of my food I make LDL style over there.. and it's sooo much easier to navigate... and... we can touch sooooooooooooooooo many more people with LDL on FB... it will explode on FB.. i jsut know it!
NanaX2
New, but learning

Post by NanaX2 »

S. Mama...I joined the FB site too. My photo is a picture of my little grandson...he's much cuter than his Nana...lol. I think being on FB will help spread the word also..!

Shari
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Pam,

Thanks so much for your encouragement.  *hug*  You have done great as well.  You have come down 4 sizes already!  Fabulous!  :thumbsup:

Julie *hug*
NanaX2
New, but learning

Post by NanaX2 »

Drumroll please........!!!

I weighed this morning...(on the plan two weeks tomorrow) and I've lost 9 lbs...!! woohoo!!  :D

Very excited to see results. My plan is not to weigh every week but monthly. I just had to before Christmas...you know, more incentive to stay away from all those tempting foods.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far...

Shari
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Congratulations to you!  This way of eating is the greatest way of eating I have ever found.  I love all the recipes and I love how the weight falls off with no effort.  This is only the beginning and in no time you will be at your goal.  Have a blessed day and a Merry Christmas
Dianalee

Post by Dianalee »

Hi everyone!  Thought I would check in on the 100# club.  I've been on LDL since June 1st and have lost 82lbs.(I like writing lbs. I'm claiming everyone of them)  I can't begin to tell you how good it feels.  I never feel deprived.  I bought the blue book over a year ago, tried it for a few weeks, then stopped because I didn't feel well due to hypoglycemia ( I've had forever).  I work in a medical office and need to be alert. After reading Woman World, I decided to try it again making a few minor changes . I found eggs for breakfast (with egg beaters) works for me. In the beginning I had to add a little protein powder to my smoothie for supper. I had a smoothie every night in the beginning because I craved ice cream. The smoothies were great and satisfying.  I still have eggs in the morning ,but no protein powder i n the smoothies now. I love the LDL recipes and use them.  I still have a way to go, (maybe 38 more lbs)but I'm just going to continue eating this way and see where it takes me. For those who have not yet jumped on board , please do, you will never regret it.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Dianalee

Wow 82lbs since June!!!  What an incouragment it was to read your post and see how much you have lost. Even with Hypoglycemia you have done so well.  Are you able to eat all the fruit you want now or do you have to eat only small amounts?  How many clothes sizes have you gone down then?  If you have time could you journal so we can see what you are eating during your days and follow your progress.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image Welcome to the 100 Club Diana, and thanks for posting your success on Facebook also. There have been many of us (myself included) that have had to have eggs or another protein in the morning to stave off what I call the "suga woogies". You can be a model for those folks showing them that they can modify the original plan with LDL foods and still loose weight. We want them to know: Don't give up because it did not work for you the first time. Get on the "boards" and there will be lots of people having the same problem and there are solutions!
Linda