TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Re: TAKING OFF 100+ LBS, 1 LB at a time (The 100 lb Club)

Post by julie409 »

Perfect - I think we can inspire each other and maybe some others will join us as well.

Any takers out there? 

I will copy my original post into a new one.

Some of us also tried to do the fruit and soup flush on Mondays also but I think if you are doing LDL Pure- that is probably stringent enough. Are you exercising now? 

See you there! *hug*

Julie :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I had 100+ lbs to loose when I started. Need to discard alot more. I am in. Need to bust this stall. Too late for fruit and veggie Sunday. Already fixed a wonderful Shepherd's Pie. Have not had that for a long time. Will try to stick with fruit and vweggies at least one day a week anyway. Most days, that is what I am doing. Not even eating protein every day so am a little concerned and try to fill up on weekends when I am home. I am going to lay off bananas also along withj the popcorn. Have decreased popcorn considerably but having more bananas from buying them for smoothies. The callus/corn on my foot flaring up again. Hoping eliminating bananas will stop it. On to watermelon and cantelopes tonight!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Linda,
I am about where you are on my path to a 100 lb loss.  So glad you will join us. 

I generally don;t lose anything if I have corn. I tend to become allergic to it and then nothing moves.  I can tolerate bananas if I have maximum of 1/2 a day.  Now I am showing signs of intolerance to watermelon WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! :'( :'( :'(

Are you exercising?  It really helps me, especially since I am at a desk all day.

See you on the other thread. 

Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Woohoo!! this sounds great!!  I am so glad that I posted.  Who knew?? 

I am exercising.  I ride my bike while I read or watch a movie at night. I'm not really gung-ho on it, I just peddle so that I am moving instead of sitting.  Someday, I will use it to boost my cardiovascular health, but I am a one-step at a time kinda person.  I am actually off to ride now. 

Work starts on Friday.  I'm enjoying my last few days. 

Enjoy the nice weather ~jess 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Jess,  good for you with the stationary bike. You are moving your largest muscle group which will give you the biggest bang for your buck. I used to ride the bike religiously until I developed a herniated disc (not from the bike) so I switched to a glider so I would be standing. Any exercise is terrific and it will keep things moving. It also cuts your appetite for the next day.

And I do the same thing - watch TV while exercising- and if I can find a good book I can stay on twice as long.  :thumbsup:
Julie  :rose:
51_too_young_to_be_old

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

Hello Just noticed this thread. 100+ to lose here, I could use the support. I have a bike, I think I will start riding in the evening too, that is a great idea.  Ricght now I just want to be under 300.

thanks
sandy
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

You will get there I promise.  I didn't think I would ever see under 300.  It came off quicker on LDL then I thought possible and now I am zooming to 250 which is my next goal. 
51_too_young_to_be_old

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

Wendy, thanks, oh 250 I have never even dared to dream that low... I will follow you :)
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Hey sweetie, you sound very determined, you will get there, with that sweet smile you will be smiling even bigger  Hugs Karen
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

You will get there before you know it.. I remember the feeling very well.. One day at a time!!! Im pushing onederland and it feels like yesterday when i got under that 300 mark.. Itll happen for you sweetie.. Keep on pushin!!!  *woot* *woot*
Katie

James
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

julie409 wrote:Jess,  good for you with the stationary bike. You are moving your largest muscle group which will give you the biggest bang for your buck. I used to ride the bike religiously until I developed a herniated disc (not from the bike) so I switched to a glider so I would be standing. Any exercise is terrific and it will keep things moving. It also cuts your appetite for the next day.

And I do the same thing - watch TV while exercising- and if I can find a good book I can stay on twice as long.  :thumbsup:
Julie  :rose:

Time goes so much quicker when I read a book.  I actually ride longer than I intended.  Lately, though, finding a good book hasn't been easy.  I keep searching, though!
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

51_too_young_to_be_old wrote:Hello Just noticed this thread. 100+ to lose here, I could use the support. I have a bike, I think I will start riding in the evening too, that is a great idea.  Ricght now I just want to be under 300.

thanks
sandy

I'm with you.  I have several pounds to go before I get there, though.  I'll ride my bike if you will  ;D 
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Ok, so I just started LDL commando style (you may know it as Pure LDL) .  I have to say last night the hunger hit and I couldn't get it under control.  So, I ate LDL (no meat but popcorn and beans) foods, but probably more than I should have.  A lot of the has to with staying up so late at night. If I would just get my butt in bed a decent hour, I wouldn't have any problems, but with it being summer break and school not starting for another week, I am finding it hard to persuade myself to go to bed on-time. Which is funny because up until August first I was going to bed at a decent time and getting up at 7:30 or earlier.  When August hit something happened and now my sleep schedule is WAY messed up.  Uhg, when I have to start getting up at 4:30 (probably more like 5), it is going to be torture.  Anyway, I didn't get on the bike tonight, I may get on now before bed.  I will however get on tomorrow no matter what.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Live LDL and prosper ~jess
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hummm,
Need a hand signal to go with that trekkie saying. The "L"?
Love it, Jess
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Jessica wrote:OK, so I just started LDL commando style (you may know it as Pure LDL) .   I have to say last night the hunger hit and I couldn't get it under control.  So, I ate LDL (no meat but popcorn and beans) foods, but probably more than I should have.  A lot of the has to with staying up so late at night. If I would just get my butt in bed a decent hour, I wouldn't have any problems...  ~jess

Hey Jess, Sorry you ran into that problem. I have those issues too. I would rather stay up till 3 am and get up at 11. That seems to be my natural rhythm when I am off from work for a long period of time. I think I am on Hawaii time.  Anyway, I tried this after I read it in a book. They said to finish up in the kitchen and then shut the lights. It is like saying "The kitchen is closed." and may work to send a message to your brain. Also I keep drinking water to see if I am just thirsty. IF all else fails, I have a huge Fuji apple.  :laughing:  It sounds like you did great!  :thumbsup:

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hey Julie,
That idea is very much like another I heard from a Native American coworker about being sleepy during the day. She claimed that if you don't get up and make your bed in the morning, the bed will be "calling" you back all day.

I remember being teased about being fatso when I was young, but looking at the pictures, I really wasn't. One thing my mom did was make us do up the dishes right after supper and completely clean up the kitchen and the lights went out. We did not snack after supper. Mom never worked the hours I did and I was exhausted after cooking supper and too tired to make the kids do it, so it got done in the morning. I can see how that was just wrong! Will be interesting to see if this works for those other night owls who have made their confessions.
Linda

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OMG Linda,

So that's why I am so tired!  DUH!  :laughing:

People/kids can be so cruel.  It's amazing how we can look back on our past with a healthier perspective.  *hug*

Jessica

Post by Jessica »

LINDA RN wrote:Hummm,
Love it, Jess

Too funny!  The secret LDL handshake!!  Too bad people will think we call each other losers- well I guess we are all losers, so maybe not so bad!
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

julie409 wrote:
Jessica wrote:OK, so I just started LDL commando style (you may know it as Pure LDL) .   I have to say last night the hunger hit and I couldn't get it under control.  So, I ate LDL (no meat but popcorn and beans) foods, but probably more than I should have.  A lot of the has to with staying up so late at night. If I would just get my butt in bed a decent hour, I wouldn't have any problems...  ~jess

Hey Jess, Sorry you ran into that problem. I have those issues too. I would rather stay up till 3 am and get up at 11. That seems to be my natural rhythm when I am off from work for a long period of time. I think I am on Hawaii time.  Anyway, I tried this after I read it in a book. They said to finish up in the kitchen and then shut the lights. It is like saying "The kitchen is closed." and may work to send a message to your brain. Also I keep drinking water to see if I am just thirsty. IF all else fails, I have a huge Fuji apple.   :laughing:  It sounds like you did great!  :thumbsup:

I know, I think I am a natural night owl.  I always slip into the late night mode when I am off of work.   It is sooo easy!! It just happens, and I don't even realize it.  

I like the shutting the lights off thing.  I have also heard that it helps if you brush your teeth.   I have done this.  I brush, floss, and gargle after dinner, and who wants to do that twice??  So, that helps me to not eat at night.  It is easier somehow to say, "No, can't eat anything. I just brushed my teeth."  than to make up any other argument as to why I shouldn't be eating.   It seems to be a winning logic for me for some reason.  

Thanks Julie ~Jess
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Jessica wrote:
LINDA RN wrote:Hummm,
Love it, Jess

Too funny!   The secret LDL handshake!!  Too bad people will think we call each other losers- well I guess we are all losers, so maybe not so bad!

Was picturing making an L like in sign language to resemble the V that spock made by splitting his 4 fingers. But just the L did not represent LDL.......But now Kevin is calling us "Lunchers" so I guess the L sign would work! It is also the symbol for Love and we are that too.....LovinLDL as Julie says.
Linda