Workshop at clinic was a success.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Workshop at clinic was a success.

Post by Joyful Friend »

Last Thursday, I did a food presentation for the biggest loser class, and it was well received.  People can't believe that I eat so well, and that I have taken the weight off so easily.  As I told them, exercise is beneficial for strength and toning, but for weight loss, the choice of foods makes the difference.  Taco and Pizza soup were enjoyed.  Strawberry smoothies went over big.  So many folk have never made smoothies. (Thanks again, GoDallas, for the MacDonald's smoothie stats) I hadn't  made one until I started LDL.  The banana ice cream just finished off the meal in an elegant way.  I started the session with Psalms 139:13-15 and I ended with Psalms 103:5.  I always get a blessing from the Lord by sharing LDL.  Thanks again, Roger, for this wonderful WOE.  Food choices always remain with us, so let us continue eating the bountiful foods that God has provided, and we will glow and have the energy to glorify God.  *love* and  *hug* to all, JF.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Workshop at clinic was a success.

Post by MsHeirloom »

JF- I just know that you touched many people and gave them a do-able way to achieve their goals.  I am so in awe of everything you do to promote LDL.  Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Wanda,

So happy to hear your class was a success; but, then I didn't have any doubts that it would be.  You are an inspiration to us all!

LV, Vicki
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Congratulations, JF on another successful class!! Every time I talk to someone about LDL, they name at least one of two people they know who got started on the program because of you. You are such a positive influence in our community!!

Luv ya, *love*
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Just our of curiosity...how long is your presentation? I've been thinking about doing something similar but I would need to give a time frame.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Yes, and a presentaion at health fairs would be good too.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, my friends, for your encouraging comments.  I was given 2 hrs.. I used 1/2 hr. explaining LDL, showing the book, talking about recipes.  I gave a prepared flier with Roger's address---for ordering book, and then how to google the web for Let's Do Lunch.  Also I share the 4 big things  Eat until full, eat all the veggies and fruits anytime one is hungry( including beans, corn,and peas), eat big meal at lunch time, and lean up the meat while eating it mostly at the big meal.  We ate for an hr, and then they asked questions.  I love doing the classes.  If people would only try it for a week without cheating, I don't think they would want to eat any other way.  Once my cravings were gone, I felt out of food bondage for the first time in my life.  Our grandson's local reception  was Saturday night.  I had no desire for the cake.  There was a lot of fruit.  I did enjoy wearing my smaller size dress.  What a difference in size, a year can make!  Country girl looked beautiful.  Our county fair is going on, and Country Girl's hubby is on the fair board so they camp there.  She was telling me how much better she felt with the weight off, and believe me, she looks so great in her  walking shorts.  It is really hot here.  I want everyone to know how great LDL is.  It works.  :thumbsup:  :D  JF     
G0Dallas
New, but learning

Post by G0Dallas »

That's awesome.  It would be wonderful to hear an update in a few weeks about the adoption success of those in your class!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Joyful - it sounds like you did a fabulous job.  You are a great ambassador for LDL.  *hug*  Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Julie :rose: