SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

Re: SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Oops... I see how that came across...

I meant to say.. just fruit... OR  a veggie stir fry... in other words... fruit eaten plain... or I'll whip up a quick, light veggie stirfry with eggwhites...

~~~

Did 40 minutes of nonstop swimming yesterday, and burned 461 calories!!!  Ate DELICIOUS watermelon and popcorn for dinner last night, and yesterday for lunch.. I ate some of my homemade

Veggie Burger with a large salad... so yummy!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

:thumbsup:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Well...

Just found out my Orthopedist... NEVER TURNED IN MY REQUEST FOR CORTIZONE nor MY PHYSICAL THERAPY referral... it's been OVER A MONTH!

I called our Trust Funds people and they LET THEM HAVE IT...

So I am transferring to a Cutting Edge facility asap, and dumping my HMO... YAY!!!

Today was a great food day...

Smoothie for breakfast

Chicken breast, roasted red pepper, celery, cucumber, green olive salad

Dinner was an ENTIRE honeydew melon... yep... an entire melon... I ate it happily... all. by. myself. YUM!
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

SM, i enjoy cooking chicken breast with red, yellow or red pepper and sweet onion with evoo...i just cut everything into bite size pieces and saute with the evoo, it's so yummy and so helathy.  i use the "light tatsting" evoo, it's so good.  i use two chicken breasts (depending on the size), a whole pepper and usually a whole medium onion.

from your picture i would never imagine you have 100 pounds to lose!! i am at 198, i have about another 65 lbs to lose or so to meet my long term goal (130-135 lbs)

you are a gorgeous woman, btw! love your coloring!!  :blush:

blessings
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Holy Moly Js...

My head now says "inflatable to 500 lbs"... you are TOO kind...

Yes, this pick is a "good one"... I think shrinking the pixels helped me out... LOL

Yep... another 100 lbs...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So how is the new plan working for you?
Clothes getting bigger yet?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Linda... funny you should ask...

I am not usually a wishy washy person... but lately I seem to becoming one... and I don't like it one bit...

I don't know why I ever veered away from this way of eating... I'm trying too many new things...soooooo...

I have decided as of last Monday, to stick to LDL proper... the way I had lost my first 100 lbs...  IT IS THE EASIEST way... no thinking involved... no measuring, so counting... no nothing but eating til full and eating fruit at night...

It's really a no brainer.. I've been doing it for 2 years... and its become a habit...I don't even know how to have dinner at night!!! LOL

Breakfast was a banana

Lunch was fresh turkey breast lunch meat (no nitrites, no nitrates, no water, no fillers) wrapped around saute's sweet onions, and roasted red peppers, and red potato baked "fries"... with iced tea

Dinner was a huge wheel of watermelon...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

yummmmm.....
That sounds great.
Linda

jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

it was funny...yesterday my husband was making a  ham sandwich with this really good fresh low-fat deli style ham (no preservatives and all that) sandwich (with good, whole grain wheat bread) he's over there stacking the cheese, ham, lettuce, pickle, the whole nine yards and i was drooling  :drool: and i was like....hhhmmm that sounds so good and it's whole grain wheat bread, maybe i can have just one sandwich since i've lost so much and i'm doing so well, i even read the carbs vs. calories and fiber, EVERYTHING....

but i didn't....i was good...i wrapped my pieces of  ham a lil' bit of cheese in lettuce and enjoyed it that way!! and it was really good and surprisingly, i didn't even miss the bread!!! and i didn't have to feel guilty afterwards and/or getting a tummy ache from the gluten!!

I LOVE LDL!!!!! PTL!!!!  *woot*

blessings
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com