SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

Re: SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Post by Sicilian Mama »

No, no oil in it  and no corn starch...

i don't know how to make egg drop soup.. the eggs in mine are all straggly and ragged...

One of my Aunts used to make this for me all the time... and I wanted to honor her by making it.
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Okay...

You would NOT believe the size of smoothie I had last night for dinner...

It was sooooo huge...I poured it into a stainless steel bowl and ATE IT ALL WITH A SPOON!!!!!

It was warm last night... around 70, so an "Ice cream" fix is what I needed... all it had in it was frozen strawberries, an apple, a bosc pear, and mixed frozen fruit, and some no sugar added cranberry juice for tartness...

Holy Frijole!!! It was soooooo yummy!  I ATE THE ENTIRE THING!  MY tongue was numb!!!!

Breakfast this morning... cabbage, corn, black eyed peas and eggplant stirfry... yum!

Lunch will be huge salad with 2 cans of Alaskan Salmon

Dinner is yet to be determined...
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Went to my son baseball, soccer and basketball games tonight...

Whew! I'm pooped!

Dinner ended up being out... for the first time in a long time... we went to Mimi's Cafe...

I had already had my protein for the day... so i had a Cobb salad, without the bacon, or bleu cheese... it was dry and I had the dressing on the side... but I took my own bottle of dressing that I make, out of my purse and dressed my salad... Yay!

I baked 20 loaves of bread today and make 250 cookies for a funeral... I'm bushed!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Whew!

What a day... what a day!

Got up early to get my saleslady to come over and pick up the bread, cookies and salad dressing I sell at her beauty shop...

Then, got ready to go to my oldest sons baseball game in Beaumont, about 30 minutes away.  I knew I was going to be there for a few hours, so after I ate my smoothie in a bowl, I started making and packing our lunch...

For the boys, they got sandwiches and such...

for me... my lunch consisted of a large salad and dressing
                                            the last of my sirloin burgers with pickles, mustard and ketchup.. I just dipped them into the condiments for ease of eating.
                                            an an apple and a banana.

After the game, we came home, and I got started on my dinner, because we went to the Drive In to see two REALLY STUPID movies... what a waste of money and time...i swear,my IQ went down 20 points watching them... ugh... I made an eggplant, cabbage, corn, zucchini,onion, and mushroom stirfry with olive oil, a little salt, some bay seasoning, and some smoky BBQ rub... sooooo good!

While at the baseball game, the other mom's brought donuts and candy to eat... and here I was, eating my salad and munching on my meat...and they all wanted to eat my salad... and were so interested in my burgers... I think a few of them may join LDL!!!

So that was my day!  Tomorrow is another one!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on January 10th, 2010, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Yumm, your stirfry sounds delish!  We went to the movies yesterday too,,, we saw "Its Complicated"  boy was that a good movie,,,, we laughed and laughed.... so nice to go see a uplifting show... ya know?  Two thumbs up from me!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I want to see that movie... We go to the Drive In almost every Saturday... the weather is nice here... 83 to day... so we take full advantage of our "winter" and play...

We saw DAybreakers (soooo stupid) and New Moon (soooo stupid times 2!), next time, we are gonna see something Mama wants to see...

Today, I was so busy setting up a new blog, I forgot to eat breakfast...

So lunch was salad (no I never get tired of salad... ever) with fresh salmon on top and some butternut squash/corn soup/puree with pineapple salsa mixed in...

and a couple of LDL meatballs.

Dinner will be a mountain of LDL sorbet in a trough!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Whew!  I forgot it was Meatless Monday!!!

Thank God Linda posted it on FB... or i would have eaten meat!

Breakfast was a banana

Lunch was - an entire eggplant, sliced and grilled with a little EVOO and kosher salt
and 2 bean chili soup...

Dinner, my best friend is coming over so I can teach her how to make all these dishes... so we will sip smoothies while we cook for tomorrow's meals.

I post more pics on the FB site...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

sounds like your kitchen is going to smell loverly tonight
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Well, Taught my friend Mari how to make 2 bean chili soup, gave her some of my dressing and a couple of my turkey burgers... So she will have a wonderful lunch tomorrow... She started on plan 7 days ago... and has lost 6 lbs!!!!  She doesn't have much to lose, so that was impressive!

My dinner tonight was a HUGE smoothie of frozen blueberries, strawberries and mixed fruit... all frozen.  I poured it into a bowl and ate it like ice cream... awesome!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Breakfast - frozen blueberrie banana strawberry mango peach smoothie (more like ice cream) with water added as the thinner

Lunch - chicken fajitas LDL style
            avocado, salad

dinner - more LDL "Ice cream" with my boys.

Today, all three of my sons have games AT THE SAME TIME, and they are each playing a different sport... so I told them yesterday... "I'll show up to one of the games and that son will know he is my favorite."  You SHOULD HAVE SEEN THEIR FACES!!! priceless!!!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

My oldest lost ANOTHER  cell phone last night at an away basketball game.... ding a ling...

I was so upset...He loses them all the time, and I'm so tired of getting new ones... BUT I LIKE him having a phone so I can get a hold of him when I need to... Ugh!  this little incident PROVED to me that I am an emotional eater... After he informed me about the phone, I GOT RAVENOUS... FOR NO REASON! I wanted to eat a bear!  I made myself a salad and smoothie instead of ruining my entire eating history... but.. it taught me that I ran to food when anything, even as small as lost phone, got me riled up... LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY!

Haven't had Breakfast yet... no hungry yet...

Lunch will be turkey burgers/salad/rooibos tea

Dinner will be LDL smoothie ice cream. 

It's raining a little today, but still 60 degrees... to me... that's cold!
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I would be upset too if my son lost a cell phone... and good for you for not giving in.. I am a stress/emotional eater too.. or from boredom.. or depressed.. Keep it up you are doing great.. We keep learning more about why we eat and that will help us down the road..  :thumbsup:
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Had my 2nd LDL cooking class today!  The first one was my best friend.  I taught her how to make her own stock, and 2 bean chili, and beef/bean burgers.

Today, my neighbor Judy wants a life change in eating habits for her family, so and we had smoothies, made burgers,broiled eggplant (she loved it!) tasted Rooibos tea and taught her how to make her own stock...
Such fun!!!

I'm going to start offering regular classes soon... It will help keep me accountable to myself, and help my friends at the same time!

Today Breakfast was Smoothie with Judy

Lunch was 3 burgers and an entire roasted eggplant with more Rooibos... yum!

Dinner will be more LDL ice cream.. no sugar, no milk, no yogurt... just frozen fruit and a banana!!!!
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Hey SM,

Maybe that's what I need to do, offer cooking classes, to get my friends to try this swoe.

I have friends that think heating water for tea is cooking!

RB
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I forgot... I had already asked permission from RT to mention LDL on a blog... and he gave his blessing... and said he trusted me...

Soooooo...

I have a new blog

www.learn2eathealthy.wordpress.com

It's a place I can post my original recipes I make, and talk in depth about my journey on this wonderful LDL plan... I tend to be a little more strict than the book, so understand that it's what I am personally doing...  I somtimes reference the book (haven't yet, but when I do, will be giving all credit where credit is due... I promise), and post Let's Do Lunch in my tags in every post... so lots of people find us!  Just another way to get the word out...

I would be honored if you read me...
Last edited by Anonymous on January 16th, 2010, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolina Girl
New, but learning

Post by Carolina Girl »

Hello SM, I just read your blog and it is amazing!!!!! Thank you so very much for sharing your life and your heart. You are an amazing lady who is so giving of yourself to others. I am so blessed to be part of such a fantastic group. I don't post much, but I read everything.I too love this WOE. I can't wait until being overweight is no longer one of my problems and with LDL that is in my future.:D
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Great blog!  Your posts are fun, motivating and informative.  Great pictures too!  Keep up the good work!

Beth
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

No meat yesterday, so today I am having some BBQ'd steak for lunch with my family, and sides of salad, mashed butternut squash, Grilled veggies including Eggplant, onions, and zucchini!!!

Breakfast will be Rooibos tea and fruit

Dinner will be the same as Breakfast, in smoothie form.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Loved your blog!  What a great journey you are taking us on.

You need to video yourself and get in that contest which you would win and then up on the Drs. show.

I'm still trying to influence and encourage people--just haven't got where I think anyone would think I was a huge success and worth following.

RB
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Oh RB...

That was so kind of you... but I'm still on my journey, and don't look anything like the picture of health yet... pictures are so deceiving... LOL

If I were 100 lbs lighter... I WOULD APPLY EVERY SINGLE DAY until they picked me.  The show tapes 45 minutes away from me... I'd be knocking down their door... but alas... I a year too early...