SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

Re: SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Joyful friend...

Okay... just went to my own blog... and on the right hand side... there is a catagories tab... click on "recipes" and they are all there...

Just please remember they are mine and original, and I don't allow them to be reprinted on any website or boards... THANKS! and enjoy and let me know how you like them!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

WOOO HOOOOO!
I lost 7 more pounds last month!!!!!

Plateaus suck... but they are a blessing if you choose to think of them that way... they help us to re evaluate how well we are eating the right foods, at the right times, and in the right quantities...

I've discovered my portions have become less as I lose weight.. and it takes less to fill me up nowadays... SOOOOO HAPPY!  I talk all about it on my blog...

It's been really warm here lately, so I've been into having stirfries of veggies and beans for breakfast around 10 am... and not having LUNCH until 3 or so... so I eat my protein in the morning now, and no more for the day... and it works out great with the heat...

So glad watermelon season is around the corner... I am going to eat one whole one a day... yep... i am... and I'm gonna lose a ton of weight too!!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

SM- 7#!!!  You are amazing!!!  Congratulations and keep up the good work :rose: :rose: :rose:!  Pam
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Way to go!!!  You are an inspiration!

Did you ever receive the article my daughter-in-law sent you?  Was it the right one?  If not, please let me know and I will explain it better to her.  She told me she had a difficult time finding it.

Keep up the good work!

Beth
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sicilian Mama, That  whole watermelon sounds good.  I can do it!!!  My hubby doesn't like any kind of melon so I get them all myself.  I ate a small personal one the other evening, and I got up 3 times in the night to wee wee.  It was absolutely delicious.  Glad your plateau was broken.  I'm at goal, and have added back other foods; however, I have noticed that  I get more hungry, and I haven't had real hunger in months.  I'll have to weigh to see if I have gained some ounces.  I don't feel like I have.  I never want cravings to return.  :thumbsup: JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

GOOD FOR YOU! I have not lost 7lbs in a month yet. That would make me so happy. I can't wait for watermelon season either. I have always been a fan of watermelon! Keep the good work up......Wither
redkat

Post by redkat »

Sicilian Mama,

Congratulations on those 7# gone, gone, gone!!  That is wonderful.  But it is not surprise to me.  You are so focused on eating the proper way and are such an inspriation to all of us.  The chocolate, for example.  I LOVE chocolate, but have not allowed myself to have any.  I like the idea that if just a couple of morsels satisfy the craving for chocolate, it may not be such a bad thing.  Just to be safe, I think I'll stay away from it, though.  With me, chocolate always tastes like "more".  May not be able to stop at just a couple. 

I so enjoy your postings and I do visit your blog site as well.  Keep up the good work!
Kathy
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Sicilian Mama,

I can't wait for fresh watermelon, either. I lose weight so much faster when I eat it but I can only manage to eat 1/2 of one. But, that's a good thing since they are so expensive here, therefore, I don't have to buy as many.

Maybe I should suggest that my husband go in half with a friend of his that grows them every year and then takes them over to Daytona Beach to sell to the tourists. He slices them in half, puts them on ice and sells them at a huge profit. It would definitely be a lot cheaper for us in the long run and give us some extra money to spend on other things.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, CQ, that sounds like a good plan! 

Hi, Sicilian Mama, I haven't connected with you lately.  Hope you are doing well.  Keep posting, as you are an inspiration -- and stirring up a little controversy is a good thing -- as far as I'm concerned.  :D  We need to be challenged. 

Oh, and congrats on the 7 lbs.  I'm so glad the plateau is over.  I know that I only plateaued when I didn't stay true to what was working for me.  From what you wrote about re-evaluating, I think maybe you experienced the same thing.  I can honestly say that I never plateaued when doing what I knew worked. 
Last edited by crickadoodle on March 22nd, 2010, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I agree with you crick.. a little controversy is good .. if we don't have that life and thoughts become boring  :)
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Mmmmm... fresh fruit is becoming so much more abundant... in variety I mean...

Oranges and pears... blueberries and melons...

Yummers!

I've been eating very vegan these days... for no particular reason... just really want veggies and fruit for all meals... oh... and lots of beans too.

I eat an eggplant a day... Trader Joes has them for $1.39 each... so I buy 7 a week...  LOVE THEM!

i DON'T miss the meat yet... when I do, I guess I'll go back to eating it... but until then... I'm not gonna...
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi There!  I've been catching up on about six month's worth of reading and I discovered I missed some excitement a couple of months ago.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every one of your posts and feel you are someone I really would like to get to know.  SOOO I made a special trip ...ALL the way over here... to introduce myself, The Mouth of the South, to you, Sicilian Mama.  I had a hard time finding your new journal page until I went into your profile and looked at your most recent posts.  I was surprised and happy to find that you are still actively posting, just not on every single topic.  

I can truly appreciate the reasoning behind your decision to restrict your comments to your journal.  I have gone through spells like that myself when I have gotten so annoyed at the whining and excuses from people that I just want to smack them around.  But I try to refrain, because I've been like that a lot in my life and I recognize when people are hurting.  That said, I still have no patience with people who use their pain as an excuse to fail.  Or, worse, people who mistreat or badmouth Roger Troy or Let's Do Lunch because they believe a different way or they are trying to tweak the system around in a way that was never intended.  I have gotten so offended that I vowed to stop posting anywhere except my journal, too.  Then time passes and I get over it and start blabbing about whatever pops into my head again.  Not always a good thing.  Look how I'm doing it now, when this is not at all what I came here to say.

I stopped in to invite you to join me on my journal any time you like.  Although we probably have very little in common in our lives, I recognize in you a kind of kindred spirit that wants to just cut through all the nonsense and get real for a while.  I have gone through a LONG spell of hand holding, and making excuses for people that know better, and putting my life on hold in favor of someone who really could not care less about what I want, or how I feel.  But now I'm done with all that.  I have decided it is time to release the new and improved Gwennaford -- as soon as I figure out who that is  :D

I need an accountability buddy to help keep me from reverting back to that behavior I despise.  I would enjoy having you to be a part of my recovery.  So any time you want to "weigh in" on something I have said on my journal (or anywhere else) I want you to feel welcome to pop in and let me have it!

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 8th, 2010, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
patns

Post by patns »

Hi, is there a recipe tag in the new blog? I can't find it. I have really enjoyed so many of your dishes.

Pat
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I am in the process of making one...

Thank you for switching with me...

I'm getting over my fevers... and am taking my men fishing to day... I'll work in it this weekend...

Thanks for asking!  It put a fire under my butt!

New blog address is ...    www.eatabiglunch.blogspot.com
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I wondered what you were up to ;)!  Missed you.  Pam
patns

Post by patns »

Thanks, I'll watch for it. About my fav on the whole WOE is your taco salad over shredded cabbage. I made up a big pot of that and froze it for lunches so I am good for a bit. Enjoy the fishing trip.
Pat
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Spring Break is over...

The boys are back to school...

Over the holiday, I had a very strange bout of fevers and chills... with absolutely no other symptoms or aches and pain or anything... for about 6 days.  So... lots of water and Tylenol and I'm all better now...

It was the strangest thing.  I lost about 7 lbs too... without trying... I was afraid to eat... LOL.. .imagine that... ME... afraid to do my favorite thing!!!  As soon as I started to eat normally again, 4 lbs crept on... but I'm down a real 3 lbs... yahooooo!

My total weight loss is 80 lbs now...

So... although I didn't eat anything off plan... having that little bout of illness sent me out of the loop of life for a bit... so now I feel like I am back on my road of cooking my food ahead of time and having it all ready for myself...  sooooo much easier!  It sucked not having fresh soups and salads at hand...

It's really nice because now people are really starting to notice my weight loss.  I still have 100 to go... but that doesn't seem at all difficult anymore... I can't wait to be a healthy weight!!!

I just wish my husband would stop telling people before I see them, that I've lost weight... he's so supportive and excited... but I want some of them to notice on their own... ya know!!! LOL
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Finally went grocery shopping...

All stocked up on fruit now...

The good stuff is coming our way!

Breakfast was coffee and blueberries

Lunch was 2 turkey burgers and some grilled eggplant

Dinner will be mangoes and blueberries...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Glad you're better,
SM.  JF
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

I love your taco salad too just about over lots of other things.. I also like your turkey burgers... yummers
Also glad you are feeling better

80 lbs is great keep it up..  :rose: :rose: :rose: