SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

Re: SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Okay...

I am now the Mother of a driver... God help me...

Breakfast was a banana and coffee

Lunch was a huge stir fry of onion, eggplant, zucchini, and bean sprouts

Dinner was butternut squash, corn and pea slurry mixed with pineapple salsa... an orange and a banana...

No meat today... didnt want it..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Glad you made it through.

You meals look wonderful! 
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

your meals do look wonderful, wish I could come over for dinner, oops, I mean lunch!!
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Oops... been on the lam.

My Mom had knee replacement surgery last week... and I've been with her...

STill eating well... LOTS of roasted eggplant and cauliflower and broccoli with a sprinkle of Romano Cheese.... YUM!!!

Yesterday, May 2nd was my hubby's 46th Bday... and we went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory...

I had the Thai Lettuce Wraps... AND THEY WERE DIVINE... its all I ever order there... they FINALLY sell the sauces... so I bought all three... it will be a treat to lightly sprinkle them on my favorite foods for a new flavor profile...

I came home and decided to recreate everything on my plate except for the pasta... and I will be in lettuce wrap heaven all week long... they are even good WITHOUT meat...

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - roasted broccoli, 3 homemade lettuce wraps, watermelon for dessert...

Dinner will be a huge wheel of watermelon...

Eat well my friends!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sicilian Mama -- my husband made his wonderful fajitas yesterday.  Oh, we have so much left over that we will eat well this week.  I always load up lettuce leaves with the yummy and healthy fajita fixings.  The flavors are so good -- I'm totally satisfied.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Eat well, I do!!!  Love the recipes on the boards.  Glad watermelon is here.  It's going to be my meal this evening.  May have a cup of fresh asparagus soup.  :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

it's been a while... but I'm here...

My Mama had knee replacement surgery on knee #2 last week... and I've been caring for her... it's been fun... my Mama and I are only 19 years apart and these days we act more  like sisters than Mother/Daughter...

I've noticed I've been a LOT more hungry lately... and I figured out what it was... I WASN'T EATING BEANS...  I haven't been home to cook them, and I just don't like canned beans... and my body really missed the filling beans provide...

So yesterday, I made a HUGE stirfry of cabbage, onions, eggplant, zucchini, and red peppers, and added some freshly cooked black beans in... and I WASN'T HUNGRY for 7 hours after eating 1/2 of the pan...

So I ate the other half today for lunch... and I'm not hungry yet... and it's been 5 hours since lunch...

Beans are truly amazing in their ability to help me feel satiated.  Beans everyday from now on... I was empty without 'em...
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

woooo hoooo!

Just got back from my regular Doctor's appt... all the blood work results are in... and... drumrolll please........

MY DOCTOR SAID THESE WORDS... "Great job on the weight loss, your lab results are EXCELLENT... you A1C is 5.1, your cholesterol is 162, your thryroid is normal as are your liver, kidneys and blood sugar... You have the blood of a 20 year old."

Now, I have never, ever had any problems with any of those things, I barely take a Tylenol when I'm in pain... but it was just soooooo awesome to see the number GET EVEN LOWER than last time!!!

Someone my size, (yes, even after losing 80+ lbs) theoretically shouldn't have such great numbers... BUT BECAUSE I have ELIMINATED ALL PROCESSED FOODS from my system for the past year, I am running at optimal speed and my numbers are getting lower and lower...

I just have a little elevated blood pressure, (I believe it's "white coat" related) but other than that... I'M GOLDEN!!!!

wooooo hoooooo!

I just got a job, after being a stay at home Mama for over 16 years and running my own home businesses, as a Culinary Arts teacher at my two older sons private High School!!!!  I have one class per morning and I am sooo thrilled to be able to teach this way of eating to an entirely new generation of eaters... sot hey can live long and prosper!!!!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Congratulations on the excellent Dr report and also congrats on the new job. You're doing great and it is great to hear from you. Really miss you on the Boards!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I also missed you.......Go girl..you are doing fantastic, Good report.....Wither
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Congrats... You are right eliminate the processed foods and that is a biggie..You are doing so well in all aspects of your life...Keep on keeping on..
You are doing totally awesome my friend  :hug:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

We will all make the medical books soon because the more people who can do this WOE and report to their docs with astounding numbers, they will have to beleive it works and it can be done for life. Once the medical profession embraces it, the food industry will slowy follow. So everyone get to the doc and impress them as to how doable this plan is. That is one way we can help Roger make LDL a household word!

So happy for you Sandra, that you were able to make that doc take notice. :thumbsup:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

SM, Good to have you on the boards--missed you.  Congratulations on good Dr report and your new job.  Way to go.  I am 19 yrs older than my daughter.  Glad you have a good relationship as we do.  We enjoy being together.  :thumbsup: and  *hug* JF
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

LINDA RN wrote:We will all make the medical books soon because the more people who can do this WOE and report to their docs with astounding numbers, they will have to beleive it works and it can be done for life. Once the medical profession embraces it, the food industry will slowy follow. So everyone get to the doc and impress them as to how doable this plan is. That is one way we can help Roger make LDL a household word!

So happy for you Sandra, that you were able to make that doc take notice. :thumbsup:

I am not looking to debate anyone but this woe is not the only way of eating that does not endorse processed foods...Many do...One has to search them and they will find...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

SM - Congratulations!  SO good to hear about your awesome report. Great on the weight loss. That's incredible.  :thumbsup:

All the best on your new job too!  All good stuff and lots of reasons to celebrate~!  *woot* *woot* *woot*

Julie :rose:
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I was very happy to see such a great post too, wonderful test results, and what a perfect job for you                      ck
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Sicilian Mama wrote:I just got a job, after being a stay at home Mama for over 16 years and running my own home businesses, as a Culinary Arts teacher at my two older sons private High School!!!!  I have one class per morning and I am sooo thrilled to be able to teach this way of eating to an entirely new generation of eaters... sot hey can live long and prosper!!!!

What a perfect job for you  :thumbsup: . I am sure that with your dedication to LDL you will be teaching our future leaders to become aware of what they are putting into their bodies to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  I wish you the best  *hug* .  Vicki
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, Saundra, that is so great!  I love that you'll be teaching this to kids who can begin at a young age.  I love getting younger kids in my classes.  They are taggin along with their moms -- but I include them in the discussions and let them know that this is for them to avoid being where the rest of us are (were). 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

SM- You have done a phenomenal job.  Can you imagine?  New and improved, unadulterated , non-processed, whole foods.  Then next health fad.  Apples and oranges will be labeled "unprocessed."  I can only hope that we will see a resurgence of real foods and the demise of Frankenfoods.  I am excited for more of us to make lasting impressions on the medical community when we have our check-ups.  Seeing is believing :inlove:!  Pam
patns

Post by patns »

So glad to see you posted an update here. I had read about your doctors visit on you blog and was going to pm you to ask you to post about it here.

You are doing awesome and are preparing fantasic foods while you do it.

Pat