SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

Re: SICILIAN MAMA'S JOURNAL

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Hi Everyone!!!

Just wanted to check in... and let you know I'm still doing LDL, and am almost to 100 lbs lost!!!

I am teaching Culinary Arts at two of my three son's High School, and don't have much time to be on here like I used to...

I am also teaching all my students this way of eating, and their parents LOVE IT!!!  The book is on my school bookshelf all the time... and it get "borrowed" a lot...

Just wanted to peek in and say Hello!!!!!

S
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Saw your latest picture on Facebook with your hubby son. The weight loss is obvious in your face.

Did not have face book open when I wrote this and remembered there were 2 in the picture and just outa habit typed hubby. Thanks for letting me correct my goof, Sandra. My apologies to you and YOUR SON!!!  :D
Last edited by LINDA RN on October 17th, 2010, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

LOL... Linda... that was my SON!!!!

tHANKS FOR NOTICING!!!!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

SM,

It's great to see you posting. Have missed your posts on here. I try to follow you as much as I can thru FB and your blog.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Wonderful to hear from you!
Your looking great! :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

SM- Congratulations and good to hear from you.  I'm going to look up your new picture.  100#.  Wow!!!  Pam
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Ive missed you!!! You have done so well.. You have been one of my inspirations through this journey.. I just keep going with it.. I just cant believe how fast time has gone since i started ldl.. Keep up the good work!!! Hope to hear from u soon  *woot* *woot*
Katie

James
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Saundra, almost 100 lbs. -- so happy for you.  Glad you popped in to tell everyone hi.  We love hearing about your life.
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Thank you all so very much.

I have missed being on here.  I LOVE MY NEW JOB... having not worked in the "real world" for the past 16 years, this is a real treat for me... ((I've owned my own businesses while raising my kids))

I show my before  pics to my class, so that they will listen to me when I preach about healthy eating... because I still have another 100 lbs to lose, and in their eyes, I'm a big girl still, and in my eyes, I am almost half of what I used to be...

It finally got cooler here in So Calif, so now it's finally SOUP WEATHER!!!  I lose more weight in the winter than I do in the summer for some reason... maybe because I up my bean consumption in the cooler months... much more staying power...

HappySunday!  Today is our 18th wedding anniversary... yay!!!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

SM, glad you posted.  Happy Anniversary!!!  JF
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Happy Anniversary!  :rose:
...and congratulations on the weight loss and how wonderful that you can share LDL at your job!!

So far I have lost more weight in the winter also! I think here in Canada our summers are one long celebration because they are so short!  :D
Beth(Ann)
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I'M STILL HERE!!!

I've gotten so many thoughtful emails and comments on my blogs about being missed, I needed to peek in and say that...

I am a Culinary Arts Teacher at my 3 son's private High School now, and I don't have as much time to write as I'd like... but I'm still alive and kicking and still eating the LDL way... for a 1 year and a half now... I know I'll never eat any differently... this is just too easy to do and stick to.

I have had a 6 month plateau, and wouldn't you know it... it BROKE THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS!!!  Plateaus are funny things. My definition of it is... staying the same weight, not gaining even one ounce, but not losing any either.  On any other eating plan, that would have sent me right back to eating badly and calling it quits and saying things like "It just doesn't work"... but nope not on LDL...

It became INGRAINED into me that THIS IS THE WAY I EAT NOW... so don't change what isn't broken.... ya know?  Yes, I wasn't losing for those 6 months, BUT I WASN'T GAINING EITHER!!! THAT'S THE IMPORTANT PART... for me... NOT GAINING is as important as losing...  I've lost 100 lbs... why ruin it by letting a stupid plateau get me down!!!  My body knew when it was time to rev up again, and rev up it has...My clothes are getting very, very big on me again... quickly.  I will weigh in two weeks...  Our bodies are wonderful machines...

I have't had one cold this season at ALL... and I'm around sick teenagers every morning... but eating like this FEEDS our bodies... like nothing else can...and keep me healthy.

So... just wanted to peek in and say "Hi!"  sooooo "Hi!"
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

SM,

Great to see you again!!!  I've been on a plateau for 3 weeks now. Just need to lose 3 more lbs to hit goal, but these last 3 lbs are hanging on tight. I'm not complaining...this is the smallest I've been in 20 yrs. So I'll just keep on keeping on!!

I enjoy following you on your blog and on facebook!!

Hugs,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

*hug* :kissed: :kiss:
Missed you SM, but fiollowing you on FB.
I had a 5 month plateau when I started LDL. (I had been loosing for several months before starting LDL just eating more beans and whole veggies!)
During that plateau time I got alot of encouragent from the friends on the board, and even though the scales were not moving, my clothes were getting looser.
I too am enjoying the immune-system-boost side effect of LDL. I work in a Pediatric Clinic at a hospital where Influenza A symptoms are rampant. I have not had even a sniffle. Sinus problems are gone and the wheezing I had sometimes expeienced is gone also.
Who would really want to suffer with stuff like that just so they can have all that junk food?
Last edited by LINDA RN on January 8th, 2011, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Boy am I so happy my Plateau broke... it's nice hearing people say... again... "Hey, You are losing weight... aren't you?"...

After not gaining or losing for 6 solid months, I can FEEL the difference.  My body knew exactly what it was doing... and I just needed to be patient with it... 

All my numbers are still great... so except for my weight, my health is in great shape...

I spent an hour or so last night... thinking back to my early days of LDL...and remember CRYING about not being ABLE to eat a sandwich again... LOL... actually CRYING OVER A SANDWICH!!!

Then when the laughing stopped... I thought back to how long it's been since I've eating FAST FOOD... and you know what??? IT'S BEEN ONE YEAR AND SIX MONTHS, AND TWO DAYS!!!  Do I miss it???

NOPE... AND I'M STILL ALIVE!!!  That junk just IS NOT NEEDED!!!  I'd sooner eat tree bark!

Today's meals were large and in charge...

Roasted Eggplant

BBQ Chicken
Salad for lunch... YUMMMY!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Large and in charge!
I like that  :thumbsup:
Linda

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

The way to go SM.  Glad your plateau broke.  I have to get me some eggplant---so hungry for it. :drool:  :thumbsup:  JF 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good for you, SM!  My plateau broke last month.  I am now wearing size 14 jeans.  I never thought I'd see that size again and yet I know it will soon be a size of the past as I will require 12s and then 10s!!!  I am so happy and finally feeling "normal."
Love your picture, Wanda!  What a handsome, trim couple you two are.  Don't you feel as though you have turned back the clock?
Congratulations, SM and JF!!!!  You are both shining examples of what LDL can do for us!!!  Pam