Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Re: Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Post by julie409 »

That's great guys!  :thumbsup:

You will definitely see a difference and be gratified at the way your body responds.

Julie :rose:
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Question,,,,,,, I am used to eating a boiled egg in the mornings on a corn thin with my fruit,,, sooo guess this wouldn't be allowed on our Monday's menu?  What if I use egg beaters?

Thanks,
Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

julie409,

Sounds like a challange to me. I will start Janurary 4, 2010.

Blessings,

Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I keep wondering what we will eat also.  I know it is no proteins but what else is not allowed on Mondays?  And when you say soup does that mean any LDL as long as I don't put meat in it?  Are all fruits ok?  Thanks for your help
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

And can we have corn thins too?  LOL

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Wendy and Mary J - yep, all the fruit, veggies, meatless soups and corn thins you can eat. No protein, and that includes eggs, egg beaters (sorry, Mary J) and cheese.  We had our big family party this past Sat. night and I indulged in some non-LDL foods, so I'm doing the fruit and soup flush today and tomorrow - not waiting for the New Year. 

Wendy, I figure you'll have a white Christmas up there in Montana, but what about you, Mary J?  We're getting rain toward the end of the week and then snow flurries by Christmas day - but, it won't stick and be pretty here...it just makes driving a hazard.

Merry Christmas to my LDL friends...a safe and healthy holiday to all! 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Thanks for letting us know what we can and cannot eat... that makes it easier now that I know :)  Well, I am in FL so no hope of snow here,, but we are leaving Christmas Day for Helen, GA and maybe on up to Grandfather Mountain in NC,,, hope we will at least get to see some of that white stuff, LOL..

Merry Christmas to you too!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

halo- Great to see your picture and have you here with us at LDL.  Looking forward to hearing all about your progress.  Pam
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Tonz2day...

It's great knowing I'll have a partner in crime... LOL!  It helps the budget, the waistline, and the digestion!!!

I had meat last night... so no meat for me for a day or two... and I might want some on WEd... who knows... The beans, veggies and fruit are enough for me right now... but somedays... it isn't and it's nice to know there is more when I want it...
malmq

Post by malmq »

count me in also.....  excited to be a part of the "party"  :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Everyone!  Glad to see so many of us are up to the challenge ( ;)  Hi Halo! )
Welcome Mal - the more the merrier! Glad you are here with us!

This is what I know about the Soup and Fruit flush:
You eat fruit and meatless soups during the day. I believe it is limitless. I will go and look for my book tomorrow and see if there is any other info. But Roger said we can find it in Chapter 4. Eggs which are considered a light protein would not be allowed.  :stop:  Having said that, if you need it to feel confortable - like if you are hypoglycemic, please have the egg and just continue on with the rest as outlined.

As for corn thins, even when you are on the program in full, corn thins are best consumed with your main meal as a substitute for bread and limited to a couple. They are not meant to be eaten during the day - either along with your other meals or as snacks. Many members have found their weight loss barely perceptable after some time on LDL and usually the issue is playing fast and loose with the corn thins. Corn in general could also slow things up.

Here is a response from Little Mary on a food journal about the flush and how Roger does it:
(Hi!  I know that when Roger did this when he was losing his weight, he did it the day after he had messed up and eaten bad stuff, in order to flush the bad stuff--literally--flush the bad stuff through his system.  Some Let's Do Lunchers have subsequently been successful in occasionally doing this to kick start weight loss if they've stalled.  Roger did not eat any vegetables except for the vegetables that were in the soup on his "fruit and soup flush" days.  Just soup and fruit, period.  Now as for me, it's time for me to admit that in my nearly six years on Let's Do Lunch, I've never actually done the fruit and soup flush.  I'm thinking you probably wouldn't "flush the system" so much if you bulked up on veggies too instead of sticking to fruit and soup.  Roger also did NOT eat bananas back then when he did this, and I know they can contribute to constipation for some people, so bananas might not be so good for the whole "flush" thingie either. 
Hope this helps!  Little Mary

In addition, I would also recommend that you drink lots of water.  I have used this method a few times if I wanted to get off a stall. It works and you feel great!  When I do it I also try to eat more apples and watermelon because they will naturally aid the flush. 

I will definitely post more details before we start.  Have a great night everyone!

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Guys,

I was a little too celebratory this Christmas and some of my cravings and appetite are back.  :blink:  BLEEECK !
I am afraid that the scale will not be my friend right now, so I am not getting on (insert emoticon with her head in the sand).  :laughing:  I am not concerned at all. I know exactly what to do to get back on track.  I am being especially good now and I am going to try the SOUP/FRUIT FLUSH this Monday - sort of take it out on a trial run.  :thumbsup: 

I hope all of you are doing well and are managing your holiday parties well!  I am cleaning out my frig today and getting rid of all the NO stuff. Don;t need to have all that stuff around since I won;t eat it. I have one more party tomorrow - my grandson Zachary will turn 6!  I am definitely bringing fruit! 

Love to all ~ *love*

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Hi Julie,
Count me in as well.  I will start Monday also.  Sounds like there will be quite a few of us!

Beth
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Beth - sound great!  Glad to have you for a buddy!

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I will try to do the fruit and soup flush this Monday also. Will have the grandkids, so will see how it goes. Need a trial run anyway.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- When you fall off the horse, get right back on.  That's what you are doing.  Great!!! :rose:  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks Pam, I'm doing my best. *hug*  And I know the support that I get on here from all of you, really makes the difference.

LiiiiiiinnnnnnnnDDDDDAAAAAAA!
Glad to have you on for the trail run. Have a great time with your grandkids - they are so special!

godstemple

Post by godstemple »

I am on the flush this Monday also. Let's say I had a Merry Christmas. Well yesterday is gone and tomorrow is another day. I am going to start fresh. Don't think I gained but know I did not lose. I am glad I have friends on board to ride this train with me. I will start my new post on monday. Look out for Godstemple. Blessings everyone!!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Cool  :cool:

We can do this together!

rodie

Post by rodie »

Morning everyone and hope y'all had a great Christmas?
On the original thread it said starting the soup and fruit flush on January 4th,are some starting tomorrow?
I happened to get on the scale yesterday which was a BAD thing, I should have never done that.Needless to say I am starting tomorrow,and will continue to have that be my Monday ritual. Need to get back on the wagon.
I am also calling in a repair guy to fix my dryer as it's seem to have been shrinking my jeans over the last couple of weeks,LOL!  ;)