Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Re: Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Post by julie409 »

Hi Rodie,

Yes, I did suggest that we begin on Jan 4th.  But after eating some of my own great dishes (she said modestly) I decided that starting earlier would be the smart thing to do. Some members are joining in to get a jump start and do sort of a trial run.  :thumbsup:

I need to get rid of those pesky cravings.  :stop:  Yesterday was better than the day before. But I am thinking about Bread so I need to knock that out of my head and I know following LDL to the letter can do that.

About your dryer--- there must have been a nationwide electrical surge bc it seems that mine has affected my clothing as well.  :laughing:

Glad to have you aboard. The soup and fruit flush will definitely press the reset button!

Julie :rose:
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Not sure if I will start this Monday or not,,, we are traveling right now in the RV on our way to Helen, GA and won't be home until after New Years... BUT, I have been very good over Christmas... I actually weighed this morning and am down to 137 lbs!  The lowest I have been in several years now... I was around 145ish when I started on LDL in Oct.  I am very pleased with this way of eating... Love the food,,, have made so many wonderful dishes... Hubby is loving it also, and is lsoing too...

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Mary,

That's wonderful!  Congratulations! That's terrific news and wonderful that your husband has also embraced this WOE. :thumbsup:

DO the flush or not - your decision. Are you looking to lose more weight? Whether or not you are, the flush one day per week should benefit your entire system as it gets a break from digesting the heavy protein. I used to fast for 1 to 3 days pretty regularly and I cannot explain how light my body felt during this time. It is a common practice in a lot of countires.

Have a wonderful trip and a happy new year. We will be here to support you when you return.  *hug*

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go, Mary J.  Have a great trip.  Pam
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Thank you, Pam! 

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, I have not eaten protein on several days.  The beans take away the meat cravings.  I will do the flush on the 4th as well as any other days that I don't want meat- sorta like Sil Mom.  I have eaten LDL through the season, but a whole bunch.  I really am thankful that my body has no desire for the sweets.  I have delicious things around me for my hubby.  I think my fruits are more delicious.  It's a plan that one can get back to without having to join again.  Hope everyone focuses for the New Year, and our train stays on the track, so we'll all  make Skinnytown in 1010.  I love celebrations.  With God's strength, our friends on the board's encouragement, and fixing the good soups and other recipes, and eating all one desires, the stops to satisfy cravings will become  less and less.  We can do it, Friends.  Skinnytown is our destination.  Joyful Friend 
vleller

Post by vleller »

Count me in too - but I need to start tomorrow.  I've had way too much heavy protein the last few days and feel sluggish, so I know I need to "flush".  *lipssealed* *lipssealed*  BUT, it's been great that with all the "goodies" being brought in this house, that I haven't been tempted at all to indulge! *woot* *woot* *woot*  In the past, I would have been stuffing my face with all this chocolate here, but nope, don't care for it at all.  I LOVE  *love* *love* my big fruit bowl I keep in the frig.  I can cook all this stuff and yet, not even want to lick the spoons or bowls.  YAY!!

I made a big pot of cauliflower/broccoli soup today that I can eat tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. . . .my DH hates cooked cauliflower, so it's all mine.  :thumbsup:

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Just loaded up on Watermelon and some zucchini - so I can make zucchini soup so I am all set for tomorrow.

Yeah!

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I have found that if I substitute portabella mushrooms for the meat it still has the meaty taste.

CQ
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

I started the fruit & soup flush today and so far it is going well.  Thanks for the support!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Beth - me too!

So far - so good  :laughing: I am really happy to be back on plan and glad to be doing this with you so thank you for your support! 

There is so much stuff in the kitchen at work - it really is horrible to walk in there. I can smell the chocolate!  *lipssealed*  But I have my watermelon with me so I am armed!  :thumbsup:  In a couple of days, it won't be an issue any longer.

godstemple

Post by godstemple »

I started the soup and fruit flush today also. I made a. Nice big pot of soup. I uded the recipe for the cauliflower soup but I added chick peas, corn, peas, celery and carrots. It turned out pretty good. Well I am sure this will get me back on track. 
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

I make so many mistakes when I am replying from my blackberry
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well, so far so good, was able to pass up eggs for breakfast this morning, had left-over split pea soup for lunch. Fed the kids left-over broasted chicken and leftover cornbread stuffing. Chicken looked sooo good but I resisted. I did fall for the organic cranberrry jelly. Not SF but ate only a couple teaspoonfulls. Eating grapes when hungry. Taking kids to town to see if we can get snowsuits for them. Supposed to be getting 1-3 inches snow tomorrow. Matthew needs boots. Will probably eat at Braums so will have a garden salad, and more fruit when we get home. Plan to pop popcorn and watch old movies tonight. Looking forward to fixing pizza soup tomorrow for the kids. DH will be baking cookies and bannana nutbtbread but I believe this time I can resist. Need to send all we can home with them. There are 5 kids total in daughter's blended family. They loved what we sent them so far. One more batch this week and we can be done baking for this year I hope. I hope to be in Onederland finally by the end of the month.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

OMG...I eat like this everyday! lol!!! Bean soup (no meat), popcorn and fruit!!!
Yummo!
Cher
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Linda,

I can't wait to celebrate with you when you make it to onederland!  I was so excited when I got there. I actually relaxed for a bit after I reached that milestone. I don't know why, but I did. I know you will do what you have set out to do!  I hear your determination in your posts!

Going to make some soup now.

Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Today went a lot easier than I thought it would.  Started out with a smoothie this morning, fruit and a salad for lunch, cantaloupe and popcorn tonight. Had a dr. appointment today and was hoping they would weigh me, but they didn't.  I've been resisting the temptation to get on the scale at home-- today marks the end of my first week on LDL.

It's sure nice to have a head start on the new year.  Linda, I'll be celebrating with you too!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Beth,

Isn't that funny?  Now we want to be weighed!  What a difference from the old days of worrying about what the doctor would say.  I was a little disappointed when I last visited my ENdo. I was down over 40 lbs and he never mentioned it. He is not the warm fuzzy kind of doctor  :laughing:  Though he was very vocal about me having to lose weight in the past.  :tongue:  Glad yesterday went well for you.  ;)

How did it go for the rest of my buddies?  Did you do well?  My day was surprisingly easy and I feel so much better today!  I may even do it again today. I made some black bean soup last night and some zucchini soup and sampled some of that before storing in the frig. For the rest of the day I had watermelon and apples.  I also had some lettuce - bald. I even went shopping after work, made my soups at home and did 30 minutes on the glider -  so I had energy to spare. Yeah for me!

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I will have to work this out better next week.  I made Roasted Garlic soup to eat yesterday but I wasn't crazy about the taste so struggled through it.  I really should have went shopping and bought fruit so I had a variety.  I made it but it was hard because I felt hungry alot.  I had to go to the doctor and I was down 3 more pounds from 2 weeks ago so I would say all of the right eating is working well.
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

I decided to start yesterday, also, even though I really
did good over Christmas.  I just wanted to "get started".  :)

I had fruit salad for breakfast, vegetable soup for lunch and
vegetable soup plus air-popped popcorn for supper.
(If I got hungry in between meals, I ate a small bowl of
the veggie soup.)

Today is my regular weighing day and I am down 6 pounds
for the month.  This makes 58.8 pounds lost since 6/29/09.
Yippee!!!    :D

Kathy
bludaffodil