Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Post by MsHeirloom »

Double yippee, Kathy!!!  Pam
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Congratulations on the 3 pounds Wendy!  I'm sorry you didn't care for the soup.  I have never tried it.  Hopefully you can get to the store today.  On Sunday we had some friends over and I made a non LDL soup to use up some ingredients I had on hand.  I didn't try it, but they all said they liked it--had to trust my husband to be the taste-tester!  Anyway, I had a lot left over and it crossed my mind to save it, but then I thought, what for?  I dumped it out and didn't even feel too bad about it.  Right after that I was rereading Roger's book and came across the part where they cleared their kitchen of all non LDL foods.  That was a confirmation to me that I did the right thing.

Kathy--way to go!  You are doing great!  I just restarted last week and I hope I can lose as much as you by June 2010.

Yes Julie--the DREADED weigh-in at the doctor's office is no longer dreaded!  Good for you for getting your exercise in too!  I thought I would be hungry when I woke up this morning, but I wasn't.  Just had a little fruit and then just now fixed a smoothie, so I might end up doing this again today too.  I am feeling thinner--It's really hard not to get on the scale!  Maybe I'll go try on some old jeans in my closet instead  :)
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

thanks for the invite.  I will be doing this starting next week.  I said I was going to do it this Monday but I forgot (big surprise) and my soup I brought had meat in it.  I'm looking forward to this!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Well this is exciting! 

Kathy - congrats on the fantastic results!  You are doing so well.  :thumbsup: Maybe you can give us all some tips bc you are really on it.

Wendy - that's great news about the 3 lbs gone forever! And especially during the holidays.That's great!

I did gain about 5 lbs; I stay away from salt as much as possible bc my body does not like it but then when I have it, I blow up immediately.  My mom was the same way.  Just from the flush yesterday, I am already down 2 lbs. So that encouraged me to do it again today. I also have a wedding on Saturday for which I purchased a cute silver baby doll dress with a pleated bottom. Never thought I would be able to wear something like that but with a bolero jacket, I can pull it off!  SO happy to shop now! Up until now, I have only been shopping in my closet but I am getting down to the last hold outs so I had to do it. Spring will be lots of fun!

Good to see you tonz!  You will be surprised at how easy this is to do. I thought it was going to be difficult but --- well --- errr--- maybe I am still full from Christmas?  :laughing:

See ya later!
Julie :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Kathy -- great news!  I think we started the exact same day.  I have reached my original goal, but after the holidays I'm going to do the Express Train for a month or so and see where it takes me.  What I've noticed is that it is so easy to keep the weight off.  It's getting close to a month now, and I'm staying around my goal, even though I'm enjoying the holidays.  I haven't strayed much from LDL, but I have eaten what was available at family holiday things without making a fuss over what I could and couldn't eat.  I continue to eat fruit for breakfast and a light dinner of fruit and popcorn -- occasionally soup.  I might eat a little off for lunch, but it hasn't affected my weight.  We ate at a local Mexican restaurant yesterday for lunch and I got the tamales (not totally LDL, I know) and had a few chips with salsa.  This morning I was down a pound.  I know my metabolism has increased from eating this way and walking and stuff.  So, after the holidays, I'm curious to see what happens.

Julie -- have a great time in your cute little dress at the wedding!  My husband bought me so much clothes for Christmas, I was a bit overwhelmed and surprised.  They are very cute -- 4 pairs of pants, 7 shirts, a pair of black pumps (heels, but very comfortable), a belt and a purse.  We went back to the mall to exchange one pair of pants that just was too baggy and a few shirts.  The shirts were too similar and we found some replacements that worked a little better.  My husband has very good taste and did an awesome job.  I can no longer say that I have nothing to wear that fits!  :D

I'll be following this thread to see how everyone is doing, but I probably won't join in.  The Express Train works great for me and I'm sticking with that after the holidays.  Hopefully, everyone finds success with what works best for them.  I'm so happy I found LDL.
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

I'm in.  Went to boston to see grandbabies for Christmas....  Oh the airport running...should have lost 10 lbs!  I havent lost anything since November. Must be a stall, because I have been eating pretty close to plan. (except for holiday)  I've lost 30 since July and would like to loose another 30-40.  My daughter called me skinny mom  when we here there.  I'm trying to convince her to do this.    Was wondering if I order her a book and she does not want it can we return it?  jj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OOOOO, Grandbabies. Gotta love it!  JJ, I only have one and he just turned 6.  I need more but my kids are not cooperating.

Maybe the flush will set you back on track. I know it does for me.

Doodle!  *hug*  Hi, yes I cannot wait to wear that dress. I am so happy for you to have all the new clothes. It does make you feel great - doesn't it?  I bought 2 suits in Macy's last night. They are having quite the sale. I bought 2 different sizes so I have something to look forward to. The 12 fits but the jacket is snug. I seem to be losing more in my bottom half now. The size 10 is a gorgeous Calvin off white with slim pants and I can actually get the pants up but they are about 8 lbs from zipping comfortably.

I won;t be able to go closet shopping much longer. Now I just need to make the break and get all the old stuff out of there.
How is your mom doing?  Your hubby?  What's up with his hand?  How is the puppy!  Ok done with questions for now.

Everyone:
Oh I flushed again yesterday and dropped another 1.5 lbs. Yeah! I may do this forever as I am not even missing the protein right now.

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, Ju Ju!  The puppy is doing wonderfully.  She is just about the cutest thing you could imagine.  I took some cute pics of her this morning.  She's like a stuffed animal with teeth!  Ouch!  :shock:  The teething thing, you know.

My husband is healing.  He is even playing guitar a little.  Trying it out.  It has only been 3 weeks, but he can bend the fingers fine.  We are very hopeful.  It is broken in the first part of the left hand ring finger. (3 breaks!)  Anyway, we are believing we'll get good news when it is  xrayed again.

My mom had a CAT scan Monday and needs to go in next Mon. for an upper GI test.  She is still very confused, so the dementia isn't improving that I can see.  (I think it was caused by all the anesthesia over the past year, so I'm just hoping time will improve it, but so far -- no.)  She wants to eat all the time and I'm feeding her basically LDL now, but her cravings haven't been cut out.  I've had to get a gate to block her door for the night and when I'm not able to watch her carefully.  She will just stand in the fridge eating and eating, if I don't.  Her blood sugar level was way too high from this.

I definitely can't closet shop anymore and saw a few things I will have to get rid of.  I'm giving everything to my nephew's wife who is planning to lose with LDL too.  She will be able to wear my old stuff in a few months and that should keep her for a while until she can no longer use them.  Hopefully there will be someone else to pass them on to.  I'm planning to bring everything she didn't want to Goodwill for that end of the year donation that will help a little with taxes, I hope.  :thumbsup:
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Crick, I asked you on another post how your husband, mom, etc. were doing.  Then found this.  I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well but sorry to hear about your mom  :sad:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

*love*Hi folks.. since the new year is upon is I am ready to start, restart LDL again.. I had a great motivating visit with Jinny M who was in Ft. Myers.. we met for lunch.. what a great gal she is and so knowledgeable of the program.

I have my soup simmering on the stove tonight so I can start the Flush tomorrow, perhaps a day early but I felt I could handle it.

I wish you all the best for 2010 with all your wishes and dreams coming true!  I know so many will be hitting their goals this coming year and I hope that I will be included in that list.

Take care.. I will see you all on the boards!
Kathie in Fl.
[
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Crick, so good to hear about all the things that I had questions about---so now I know.  Sorry about your mom.  Your little puppy sounds adorable.  I was down 1/2 lb today. Your hubby sounds so creative, so it has to be terrible not able to do what he loves doing.  I have eaten out so much, but tried to keep LDL.  I haven't been this size for years and years.  When I went to work at the funeral home today, Many of the callers couldn't get over my new size.  They said I had lost enough.  There are many people locally who are starting on LDL--for 2010. I have spent a lot of time on phone and in person explaining it.  Most have their books.  I hope they enjoy this woe like I have.  God has blessed me through it.  My dh and I went to daughter's last night.  I had fixed triple recipe of Roger's meat balls.  She had spaghetti squash and had made lasagna for others with garlic bread. The salad and fruit chunks  were also good.  We played a lot of games.  I am going to a New Year's Eve party--I'm taking a fruit and  a veggie tray.  I will have company New Years Day---pork loin, new cabbage casserole from the boards, pizza soup, bean soup, cornbread, fruit, fruit, fruit.  I may make crustless pumpkin pie.  I need to go to the grocery store to get cabbage--several heads while so cheap.  I like cabbage fixed so many ways.  Happy New Year!!!  Joyful Friend 
rodie

Post by rodie »

Mondays the BIG start of the fruit and soup flush,Haven't decided what soup I will be making tomorrow.What is everyone else making? I will also be going back to work,took some time off for the holidays,that right there will help,as I found being home to much is NOT a good thing for me.
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Count me in on the fruit & soup flush. I will be having bean soup, fruit salad, hot blueberry pie, and popcorn. Look forward to seeing the results of the flush. Take care, Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I'm ready-Had pizza soup today without the meat and also had fruit soup.  I had spiced hot tea that I had made with apple juice and spices for New Years so I decided to use a cup-put apples and raisins in it,  cooked in micro, ate and was it good !!! I plan to have another one after church tonight.  Tomorrow is a new day, a Monday, and the first day of school for 2010.  I would be starting a new diet. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Now, I have a new way of eating that is so satisfying and I'm losing inches and pounds.  I'll be doing the flush, but I love beans and fruit, and oh yes, Popcorn.  Thanks again, Roger.    :thumbsup:  *hug* Joyful F
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I'm all set with my soups!  I made Pizza soup which I made before and loved. This time, not so much - I used tomatoes with no added salt. Boy did that make a difference. I also made for the first time, Artichoke cannellini Bean soup.  Now that turned out yummy!  I have a huge watermelon and some fugi apples. I am good to go!  Whooo Hooo!

Now that the wedding is over with ( I had a blast - dancing all night!) and all the other parties, I can concentrate on getting back on track. I am really looking forward to it. I did buy some pants in size 12's. They are tight now, but I am hopeful that I can wear some of them by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Doodlebug, thanks for filling us in. Good news about your husband's recovery.  Sorry you are having some issues with your mom though.  *hug*  ANd you are probably right. The anesthesia definitely has an effect on cognitive abilities in the elderly.  Most doctors don;t even warn you about that and then you are left wondering - what happened? Hope things improve soon.

Joyful, so glad you are paying it forward. You are a walking example of the power of LDL.  :thumbsup:  I hope your new year's celebrations were fun.  

Hi Barry, glad to have you with us. The menu sounds good.

Rodie, I agree with you. When I am home, I seem to look for food more often. I guess I am looking for an excuse to stop cleaning  :laughing:

Kathie, it sounds like you are all set!  

Have a great night everyone and happy flushing tomorrow  :thumbsup:  I love a new year with a fresh start!  

Last edited by julie409 on January 3rd, 2010, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie 409,  I enjoy your posts.  You sound young, yet a 6 yr. old grand child?  I had a blast on New Years.  We old folks saw the year in by eating, laughing, playing games, and smooching hubby at midnight :laughing:  We looked for the blue moon, but it was too cloudy.  When family is around, like New Year's Day, it is always great.  I try to have fun no matter where I am.  Every day could be our last- I say this because I see sorrow a lot, so I don't want any regrets.  Live every day doing things that bring happiness to others and that you enjoy.  Everyone on the boards are so different,yet, we all like encouragement and conversation.  Keep up your winning attitude, and you'll be in that new size 10 pantsuit.  *hug* :rose: Joyful Friend
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Hi Julie,

My screen name is barrypaxton.  My name is actually Ollie, but you can call me barry if you want.

I just finished making the pizza soup (minus the meat). My kitchen smells so heavenly right now!!! I'm really looking forward to this "flush" tomorrow!!!

Take care,
Ollie

PS I've known joyful friend for many years (about 45 yrs) and she looks the best I've ever seen her. I bet her husband is beside himself with her slim look!!!  *love* *love* *love*

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Joyful,

You are very kind *hug*  And I love your attitude about having fun.  I agree and if It ain't gonna be fun - I don't do it.  :stop:

barry errr, emmmm,  Ollie  :blush:  Welcome to both of you.  So where did the screen name originate? Are you in the witness protection program?  If you are, I guess you blew your cover  :laughing:  I have a tendency to shorten names on the boards - must be a NY thing. Thanks for indulging me. Nice - what you said about Joyful!   I am sure she looks as fabulous as she sounds.

Last edited by julie409 on January 4th, 2010, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Julie,

Barry was my maiden name. My legal married name was Barry-Paxton. About 3 yrs ago I legally changed it to just Paxton. I have had the barrypaxton screen name for many years and was too lazy to try to think of a new screen name so I just use the old one.

Take care,
Ollie

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Okay...

I have 2 bean chili soup and a Butternut Squash and Corn puree for meals tomorrow.. and bunch of oranges off my trees, and some bananas...

Im ready to roll!

Fruit and soup flush Monday is ON!!!!!