Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
godstemple

Re: Fruit & Soup Flush Mondays! Are you in?

Post by godstemple »

I am in, but boy did I go off plan this week.  I celebrated a birthday Sunday and found all kinds of reasons why I should eat non-LDL.  But I am starting the flush today.  I am determined not to let this keep me away from this woe.  I have found this to be easy and the boards to be encouraging.  I will start fresh and beginning today I will start writting my journal again.  Well hear I go again.  I don't think I have gained much weight back (maybe about three lbs).  I have not weighed myself yet, but I will inthe morning before I start. Altogether I had lost 13 lbs. and I have been doing this since first week of Nov.  Well here I go again.  I will be posting everyday....  Blessing everyone.. see you around.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

Ready, set, Go!  Last week I did my first fruit and soup flush and the day went really well so I am expecting another great experience!  Blessings to you all!

Glad you're back on track godstemple!
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Hi..can someone tell me if there is a store bought soup that would be ok to eat?  I need to make my own but didnt have time last night. I work in a grocery store so any help would be appreciated..
Thanks.. Kathie in Fl.
[
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Kathie, I don't think they advocate eating can soup on an every day basis but I just checked the red book.  It has the following on the grocery list:
Campbell's Home Cookin' Chicken Vegetable Soup
Lentil soup
Campbell's Tomato soup (note says delicious when made with skim milk)
Campbell's or Campbell's Home Cookin' Vegetable soup-vegetarian or regular

Also a note (I guess from Roger) that "I also eat Progresso Healthy Classics soups"

So here you go my friend.  Good luck and have a good day!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

The Campbell's tomato soup is very good if you just heat it in the microwave without adding any or water or any other liquids. I like my soup very thick...can you tell?

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

I started fruit and soup flush 1-4-10.

:thumbsup:  flushing!    :thumbsup:    flushing!  :thumbsup:  flushing  :thumbsup:

Blessings to all,

Halo
Last edited by Halo on January 12th, 2010, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I am flushing ----- I feel lighter already  :laughing:

Julie :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Just to encourage everyone -- I had never done a soup and fruit flush before.  With my experience with LDL, I never needed one.  After eating a few non LDL days (holidays) - not totally bad like before LDL, but enough to feel the cravings again - I got on the scale and was up 5.5 lbs.  :shock:  Well, what did I expect!  :wrong:  So, I knew Roger prescribed the soup and fruit flush to help you get back to eating right.  Yesterday, I decided to do the flush, since I wanted the get back on the Express Train today -- with only fruit for breakfast and dinner and NO popcorn.  Is God good or what?  :inlove:  I got on that scale this morning after the flush yesterday and I was down those 5.5 lbs.  I really couldn't believe it!  I am back to my very lowest weight since starting LDL.  :D 

Julie, I also know that while eating popcorn my salt intake was definitely up and the flush helped that too. 

I'm planning to do this (Express Train) until I reach my ideal weight, which I'm figuring my body will let me know what that is when I no longer lose weight eating this way.  :thumbsup:  I love that thought, that my body will just stop losing when I'm there.  Again, I have to say, while on the Express Train I have never plateaued.  Never!  If I ate popcorn or anything other than fruit for dinner I did stop losing, though.  One difference now is that I hurt my foot last week and I'm not sure if I'll be walking as much at first.  I'm going to try going on a walk today, because as long as I don't put pressure at a certain angle, it does hurt.  I don't want to overdo it, though. 
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I'm flushing!!! Fruit salad for breakfast. Meatless Pizza Soup for lunch. Soup was delicious.

Take care,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Had my very first ever Smoothie on LDL today!!! Not bad...

Might do it again...Love eating the fruit whole... but it was quite yummy...
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Crick, I know that had to be a shock for you but glad it quickly came off.  Don't overdo on the exercise.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sicilian Mama - I did my first smoothie on LDL yesterday for dinner.  I had frozen some banana slices and had some fresh pineapple in the fridge.  I put it all together with a 1/2 non frozen banana added and it was very good.  It was a treat and my husband liked the bite I gave him.  I was flushing and he wasn't, so that's all he got.  I bought some frozen blue berries today and intend to freeze more banana slices.  My husband loves ice cream and I think this might keep him from talking so much about "Blue Bell!"  He bought some the other night - but atleast it was the pint size and not the 1/2 gallon!  That is making a wiser choice.  Before LDL, he'd have easily bought the 1/2 gallon size - maybe 2!

Tonz -- I really think salt makes a bit of a difference.  I eat more salt on popcorn than anything -- although I don't think I overdo too much.  It just needs salt.  That makes you retain fluid.  Fruit seems to work so well to counteract the salt.  Hope you and your family had a nice Christmas and New Year's.  We'll have to get together soon for another lunch!  We can celebrate your first 10 lb. loss!  Right?  It is going to happen soon. 

Oh, I ordered a new scale that measures other things than just weight - muscle mass and water weight and stuff.  It had lots of good reviews by people who bought it from Overstock.com.  It was only $36.  I find my scale varies so much and I wanted a new one.  I'll let everyone now how I like it.  I was thinking that once I get to my ideal weight I'll want to know how I'm doing with my muscle mass.  That is really impt. to me, as I age.  I think I'm going to be in the best shape of my life -- and at over 50!  That makes growing older lots easier. 
Last edited by crickadoodle on January 4th, 2010, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I also flushed with good fruits and veggies.  I had portabella(sp) mushrooms( sorta like meat), asparagus, red and green peppers.  Sooo good.  Then I had a bowl of pizza soup.  Just a while ago I had two oranges.  I feel satisfied.  I will probably be down to a new set of numbers.  I got my hair colored and cut today, and started back to exercise.  Then hubby and I took down all of our Christmas decorations.  We will do the outside when it's warmer.  We are having extremely cold and snowy weather.  School is on a two hour delay for tomorrow.  Crick, I hope your foot heals quickly.  :thumbsup: :D Joyful Friend 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Doodlebug,

If you can find a minute, would you please PM me with a link to the scale? It sounds interesting and I would like to check it out. Or just send me the name and I will do a search on O. I have bought a lot from them. How is your toe?

And I agree about the salt, too! (But you  knew that!) Salt is one of those things that I have to stay away from :(  wah!  My body really doesn't like it and doesn't know what to do with it. I gain weight in an instant and break out in a rash if I over do it.

Joyful - stay warm and safe!

Yeah to all of us!  Big day for flushing out the system. I would bet that doing this once a week will make a real difference in our numbers.

Friday will be just 90 days from my birthday. I am so excited to see where I will be by then. I am not as brave as doodle though. I have to weigh and I will fight for my right to do so.  :laughing:  (Sorry - child of the sixties, here!)

See you soon!

J :rose:
vleller

Post by vleller »

Well, I did the "flush" yesterday and am down 4# this AM - yay!! :thumbsup:  My birthday was last Wed and I had some coconut cream pie for my day!  It was really good from an award-winning bakery.  My DH  *love* really wanted me to have a dessert and not just a smoothie - altho' that's all I really wanted/needed.  He means well, but "I couldn't just not have anything on my birthday" (quote from DH & family).  *love*  I only had the pie on my birthday and left the rest for my DH to enjoy.  BUT, the scale did go up a bit & it triggered some sugar cravings.  So, I bought a big case of little Clementine's and that's really helping with the sugar wants.

With it being so cold now, it's hard to fix a smoothie for dinner. Ya know, it's COLD!!  :shock:  So, I nuked some hot fruit - bananas, frozen strawberries, peaches and nectarines -  sprinkled some cinnamon and Truvia over it, and had me a scrumptious hot fruit compote.  Yum!

Yep, I'm keeping on with the S/F flush on Mondays as it worked so well.

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Hey my sweet people!  Crickadoodle, you are so right about fluid retention.  Just last week I went to the dermalogist because I had terrible rashes all over from the ankle to the knee.  Turns out it's a reaction to one of my blood pressure meds that the doctor doubled.  Nipedrine typically causes retention and at the 30 mg I was OK but at the 60 mg it caused retention which in turn caused rashes.  I still have to take the meds, at least a little while, but the rashes are doing much better with a creme.  So I am trying to increase my fluids to hopefully help with the fluid retention.  I've NEVER been a big drinker, probably average 12 oz. a day.  Today I bought a 48 oz. Arizona Diet Green Tea (LDL approved) bottle which I like so hopefully I'll drink all of that + perhaps 16 oz. of water.

Also, Crickadoodle I would love to have lunch with you and Scarlett and Redcat to celebrate my 10 lbs lost whenever it would be and IT WILL HAPPEN!  Have a good day to all!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Crickadoodle,

You'll love that scale. If it's like the one I bought you'll be able to program it for more than one person. My husband and I both use it. I would definitely buy another one.

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I sent Julie a PM with this info, but in case anyone else is interested in it too, here is a link to the scale I just ordered and is being shipped to me as I write!

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/ ... oduct.html

CQ -- it is programmable like you said.  Is this the same one you have?

Tonz -- you know pure water would be better to drink than the tea, but if its all you can do -- go for the tea.  I can't wait to celebrate with you.  I know that having to take daily meds like you do probably stalls your weight loss.  We'll pray the doctors find the perfect choices in meds to keep you healthy. (And one day no meds at all!)

Julie -- What a b-day celebration that will be!  You are getting cuter all the time, I'll bet!  :D  Oh, I'm remembering that you were in one of my dreams last night, but you didn't look at all like your picture or the way I'd imagined you initially.  I really don't remember the dream much, just I think we got to meet in person and we were talking about weight loss, of course!  :)  Isn't that funny I'd dream something like that??

I got on the scale just to see and I actually lost another lb. being on express train yesterday.  I made a smoothie -- yes, in this cold weather!  I never made smoothies on LDL until this week!  I bought frozen blueberries and put some fresh pineapple and a banana in yesterday's.  My husband asked me to make one for him, after he'd eaten his popcorn.  He wanted banana, pineapple and RAISINS!  Yes, RAISINS!  I told him that is really weird sounding, and he liked it, but not so much the raisin part.  I also added ice to his.  He told me that he wanted to start having smoothies rather than popcorn.  I told him that I'll bet he really starts losing weight now.  He is an ice cream lover and I think this will really satisfy that for him.  His b-day is coming up 2/18 and I told him he'll be able to change the weight on his driver's license.  It says 190 lbs. and he is already in the 180s!  I think his normal BMI starts around 165 lbs.  He's never been that since I've known him.  (Although in high school he says he was 120!)  He's taken to LDL gradually, but I had a feeling me starting the smoothies would help him and look how quickly he asked for them!  You know it is always better when it is his idea, but I have to admit, I was hoping he'd want to do that.  It really makes life so much easier that we are doing basically the same thing.  We have different likes as far as tastes go -- he won't do beans or blueberries.  (Likes beans with rice and doesn't think you can eat them any other way!)  That is what is great about LDL, you can adapt it to your likes.

Well, I did a 35 min. walk yesterday in the cold and am going to brave another one.  My foot did fine with it.  I think it is all about the angle and walking doesn't put the wrong kind of pressure on it.

Have a blessed day! 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

No, it's not the same one but it does the same things. I bought mine a couple of years ago.

CQ
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Hey ill get my family in on that to.. starting next monday we are in.