Eating LDL and Eating LDL to lose weight... are two different things...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Sicilian Mama

Re: Eating LDL and Eating LDL to lose weight... are two different things...

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Preach...

Oh boy... if you knew me in real life... you'd know that a little backlash doesn't get me riled up at all... as a matter of fact... confrontation doesn't bother me in the least!

I should have been a lawyer instead of an English major!

I NEED TO CAUTION AGAIN..

There are some journals that are NOT eating foods to lose weight or to promote optimal health on this plan!  Newbies... beware... stick TO THE BOOK!!!! Pay NOT ATTENTION to what other people are adding and taking away from THE BOOK!

There... I feel much better now.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

SM, thanks so much for this thread.  I agree with you so very much.  At the beginning I asked how anyone could eat this way halfheartedly, and I received some static.  The only thing that I have done differently is using c-oil for my popcorn, and stir fry.  Only for myself.  I am a ldl bookie.  My daughter and I have loved this way of eating.  I have reached my ww goal, but am now 10# below.  My mom was almost 300 lbs, so I have always watched what I ate and tried every diet on the planet. My mom stayed small until she started working out of the home and learned to use cream cheeses, cake mixes, and bought store bought goodies.  We ate LDL when at home growing up, so  overweight was not a problem.  This is the best smart way of eating.  As Roger says,"If you don't crave it, don't put it in your mouth."  I don't crave, and feel as though I'm treating myself every morning and evening with my delicious smoothies.  I need to figure out how to get on facebook and utube-any advice???    :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Joyful,
Just go to www.facebook.com and register
Last edited by LINDA RN on January 10th, 2010, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Linda has done a great job of getting us on Facebook...

I have a webcam on my computer... but I don't know how to access it!  LOL!  never made a web video before... LOL... but I'm sure if I ask my 10 yr old, he'll be able to show me how to do it and edit it too, even though he's never made one either!!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Until I can get high speed internet, web cams are not an option for me. Wish I could help.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Just try this for fun  :)  click on the cam... then click on the question mark or help one or the other.. then proceed.. with help from dear son
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Well, I did get a little flack, and that's great...

I was schooled to read my book again and to notice that on the list of pantry products, FF everything in the dairy dept, is apparently LDL approved... I stand corrected...
HOWEVER... just because it's on a list...doesn't mean I have to eat it... I need to be an advocate to myself and READ THE LABELS... and decide on the spot... was this made in a factory? or was it made from the earth?  Picked from a tree?  Dug up from the earth?

I firmly believe, having researched and learned as much as I possibly could in the last few years, that those products are HIGHLY processed, and aren't even food anymore.  I'd rather eat a stick of whole butter than that stuff in a plastic tub... at least the butter is real, and my body would recognize it... my body would also have it glue right to my thighs... but that's an entirely different story! LOL

My doctor, as well as many other doctor's would agree, that processing of food is one of the main reasons our country is so fat these days... High Fructose Corn Syrup is one of the many culprits...
When they make FF cream cheese, or FF any of those things, they take out the good stuff, and add in the bad stuff, and then they add SUGAR to make it taste good.  I don't care how LOW FAT or NON FAT it is... if I can't pronounce the ingredients anymore, I'm not buying it. My kids are healthier for it... my husband is healthier for it... and needless to say.. so am I.

This Way of Eating has truly changed my life.  Never in the last 13 years have I been able to look at a food and say... "Nope... I don't need you anymore, you will not tempt me again" until now.
I feel more empowered and energized than I ever have before. I find myself reading book after book about food and how it's made...Like Dr. Oz says... the more it looks like the original package, the better it is for you.

Have a great day everyone!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Sicilian Mama wrote: and some journals cause more harm than good... I'm afraid.

sm......i hadn't been on the boards for a while.....i'm really surprised that you've picked up on the issue of the journals...........not only for the reasons you've stated....
it seems to me that some people even use their journal almost like their own personal website.......they check only their journal....you miss a lot of info that way......
and, since the journals have been around, there aren't as many threads like this one that really get to the core of various issues.....

i don't eat fat free cheese...and when strictly on track, don't eat any of the occasional foods OR any dairy...i didn't even eat corn thins when i first started let's do lunch almost 4 years ago..
i've been warning people about snacking too much and that they REALLY should eat until stuffed for their main meal.....but, those posts didn't reach many people because so many people focus on their journals........

when done right, this really works........it's now obvious to a lot of people that processed foods, sugar and grains are just NOT good for anyone.......EVERYONE, just remember, cancer cells LOVE sugar........the less processed foods you eat, the better off you are................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

A real wake-up call for me was watching those old Lawrence Welk re-runs on Public Service TV (OETA here). Everyone was so slim then, even the audience is slimmer than any random audience would be today. I used to look like that. But now even on Phen-Phen I did not even get close. Lost 60 something lbs but gained every bit back as soon as it went off the market. That's because I had never changed what I was eating. I could not live on a restricted calorie diet forever so the pounds piled up. Whole foods and as close to nature as possible.
Linda

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I am on facebook. Now how do I get Let's do lunch on it?  Thanks, Joyful Friend
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

Click this link:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Do-L ... ref=search

OR go to the dark blue bar at the top of your Facebook page and find the search box......type in Let's Do Lunch and it should take you to the LDL facebook page.

Kathy
bludaffodil
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Thanks Kathy  I was thinking of sending her to the search on FB.. you beat me to it.
Enjoy JF
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Blue, JF
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

You are so welcome, Joyful friend!  :)
redkat

Post by redkat »

Sicilian Mama,

Thank you so much for this thread.  I think you will help many people, newbies and some who have been here a while.  I rember when I first started, I took a few liberties with foods not allowed because I read posts in journals, recipes and on other threads where off-plan foods were used.  I made the choice to still have cream in my coffee, KNOWING that it is probably contributing to my slow weight-loss.  That is the one thing I really clung to from my old eating habits.  But I'm going to try to work on that, and I don't/won't post on any boards advocating that that cream is ok.

For any newbies, be mindful of what these experieced, knowledgeable LDL'ers are telling you.  Just follow the plan AS WRITTEN BY ROGER TROY, and you will be successful with this WOE.

Speaking of newbies, WELCOME Terri in NC (2bthin).  You have found a wonderful place to start.  Just listen to what was recommeded here and you will have such success with weight loss and healthier eating.  Do ask questions when unsure about something, like certain foods, and you will receive great advice from people who have answers for you, some maybe having asked the same at some time in the past and gotten feed-back.  Just read the book, read the posts online, follow the original plan and get ready for ride of your life to a thinner/healthier you.  Climb on board this train.  Destination is Skinnytown USA.  You're gonna love the journey!
Last edited by redkat on January 10th, 2010, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I've never stayed on a plan more than a few weeks... I either got bored eating the same things over and over... or I would get really, really frustrated that I was only allowed 2 or 3 fruits in a whole day...and corn and peas were definite no no's.  It was strange me to then, but I didn't question it.  I just did what the lady speaking at the front of the room said...and went home and was hungry all day long... AND THEN only lost a pound or two in two weeks... after all that hunger!!!

I'm going on 6 months now... and it's second nature.  I feel like I've eaten this way my entire life.  I eat a lot of the same things over and over, but for some reason...I'm not bored with them. Maybe because I don't make things the same way each time...

I've become a pretty good soup maker... and I've never been a good soup maker... MY MOM is an awesome soup maker...

Being a chef/caterer, you would think I get tempted all the time... but I DON'T!  I bake bread every. single. day.  I don't buy bread for my family at the store, and haven't in 2 years... I make all of their pitas, hamburger buns, focaccia, pizza, baguettes, bagels you name it...if it's bread... I make it for my family and for my clients... but I don't want to eat it... ever...
IT IS A MIRACLE!!! A true Miracle!

If I can do this... ANYONE CAN DO IT!
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Sicilian mama
Thanks for the thread.  I agree with all you posted.  I am doing LDL to be healthy and to lose the weight I have carried around for 30 or more years.  For the past 10 days it has been a zoo in my house with this and that.  excuses.  I have eaten every thing wrong.  I don't feel good when I do it and I have been sluggish and depressed and it doesn't agree with my system, etc. etc.  We have been gone more that we have been at home.  I have been going to the nutrition center for lunch with DH to get him started down there at he needs the fellowship of other men and have been eating some of the food.  It is just plan not LDL friendly.  So I told DH that I just can't eat there anymore.  There are to many whites and not enough protein and the protein is fatty.  I know this has been some of my problem.  As of today I am back PURE on LDL as that is the only healthy way to eat.  I feel good when I eat this way I have more energy.  I gained 3 pounds this week and it is the first gain since May,  I have had some plataeu's but never a gain.  It is depressing. 
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

clown Lady....I eat out a lot since we Pastor a large church and have no choice most of the time...I refuse to let food put a chain around my neck and keep me home...I just make LDL choices even if a salad is all I can pick when I am out.... Ranch dressing has the least sugar so that is what I always eat ...I think before I order anything...I have been in situations where everything is NOT healthy LOL foods..In that case I will just drink Ice Tea or a Diet Coke (which doesn't bother me or stall me)and enjoy everyones company...Don't put this way of eating before your husband...You HAVE to figure out how to do this the rest of your life...It is a MIND game as far as I am concerned....Ask yourself if you are there for the food or the fellowship?  Pick fellowship and you will win everytime...

Bless You
Preachwife
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Very well said Preachwife.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Niki's right about the sugar...cancer loves  *love* it. And she's right about the "journals." That's why I never posted one.

Sicilian Mama, this was a thread that definitely needed to be written. And even if you had received a lot of flack from it...so what. It needed to be said.

I'll be the first to admit that I was posting recipes with ff cheese, etc. because the original recipe called for full fat cheese. But, when I prepared it for myself, I'd leave it out. Also, I couldn't get away from my cream in my coffee in the mornings. And there were a few of us that even tried yogurt even though RT kept trying to beat it into our thick skulls that it wasn't allowed and we paid the price for it by either stalling or gaining back the weight we had lost.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most of us have been on so many other plans that taught us the exact opposite of what LDL is all about. We had to watch our carbs, calories, points, etc. I can honestly tell any newbie here that if they follow the plan just as RT has provided...IT WORKS IF WE LET GO OF OUR OLD WAY OF THINKING AND JUST DO IT!

I know there has been a lot of controversy regarding the use of coconut oil. I provided that information and I plan to continue to use it but that's MY CHOICE. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them.

CQ