Ninja

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
jaydensmommy

Re: Ninja

Post by jaydensmommy »

I was thinking about the vitamix and blendtec because the blender I had didn't do the job.  Read about the ninja on amazon and on this site and decided to check it out.  I went to Sams Club today and got it.  I LOVE IT  *love*.  I made ice "snow", then rinsed it out, put frozen berries in it and it pulverized it.  Waited for it to melt just a tad and it tasted like a sorbet.  Will add fluidtomorrow to make smoothie; and then tonight put white beans and chicken broth in it and it pureed the beans and i just added spices, heated it up and that was it.  My sister liked what it do so much that we're going back tomorrow to get her one.  It's amazing.
Debbie B
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Atlantanurse -- you mean I could get rid of my food processor and blender?  I love to reduce clutter, especially since it is my husband's mantra!  :D  He's always talking about clutter.  I'd love to just eliminate everything from the house that we just don't use or need. If there was a button you could press that did this!  :laughing:  I think I'm sold on the Ninja, though. 
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

All this talk about the Ninja has me thinking I will ditch everything - processor, blender, for this one machine...........only thing is ..........I can't get the Ninja in the UK.  No idea what the equivalent is................. I did buy a Spiralizer and it is the one piece of kitchen equipment I will never regret buying.  You can get any kind of spaghetti- zucchini, carrot, squash - in fact any vegetable.  It is fab.  Bought mine from juiceland.
godstemple

Post by godstemple »

Okay, I used my Ninja today and made a smoothie.  It was so good.  I think it works better when you use juice with the fruit.  I used 100% orange juice and the smoothie turned our really good.  I think this is how I will be making my smoothie.  Not unless I use water, but I have to the impact on the flavor.  But I liked the Ninja .....  good smoothie
rodie

Post by rodie »

I have the vita-mix blender and LOVE it, but I was at Sams last night and I ALSO bought the Ninja. :wrong:My husband said thats why I can't retire,I keep spending money :shock: lol! I'm gonna try the soft-serve ice cream tonight ;)
Hugzzzz
Rodie
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Rodie -- you're doing that with the Ninja?  Is that where you take a frozen banana and blend it?  Let us know how that works.  It sounds like the Ninja does a lot more than I was originally thinking.  Thanks again for all the replies!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I blend any frozen fruit in the Ninja. You may have to add some liquid though
Last edited by LINDA RN on March 15th, 2010, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

OK -- I finally got my Ninja today!  I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my $5.00 off coupon and some gift cards I got with my Discover card cash back.  I couldn't find them anywhere -- but then in the front I saw they were marked $10.00 off and on clearance.  That means I got it for $35.  I haven't used it yet, but just wanted everyone to know that I appreciated their advice and have followed through.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You will love the Ninja and you got a great deal on it also. Be very careful handling the blades, they are razor sharp. That's why it works so good. Finally warming here and grandkids are here so will make some smoothies this afternoon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, in case anyone wants to purchase a Ninja, I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $39.99, then got an additional $5.00 off because of the coupon.  They have them on clearance and I asked the manager why this was.  He said that he wasn't sure, but sometimes when competitors go down in price, they adjust the price to match this. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So where is everyone getting this $5.00 off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond?
Linda

rodie

Post by rodie »

Linda
  I usually get mine in the mail,or sometimes there in a flyer in the Sunday newspaper.
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

If you go to their web site and sign up for coupon and sale post cards you will get a 20% off coupon for in store use.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sometimes they send 20% coupons and sometimes they send $5 off coupons.  I registered with them when I got married, so I'm in their system.  I think they send them every few months, maybe every month.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hmmmm. Will have to sign up. I noticed the Ninja is 39.99 at Wal-Mart now
Linda

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

The guy at B,B &B said that often the prices are reduced like that to keep up with what others are doing, so that kinda confirms that.  I'm glad I waited a bit before I bought mine.  It really works well too.
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Just a quick reminder about BB & B....(I'm presuming this hasn't changed)...they ignore the expiration date on all their coupons...so if you have a handful of expired 20% off one item coupon,  you can use one for every item in your cart, even if they're expired.  Don't throw them away, just keep sticking them in your purse!
redkat

Post by redkat »

Just a note on the blenders.  I have the Ninja and LOVE IT!!  I have used it mostly for pureeing soups and making smoothies.  It does a really good job for both.

For those of you who were interested in Montel's blender, it's on QVC today for $169 and some change ($30 less than on Montel's info-mercial).  It's even offered on the 4 easy-pay plan.

For me though, I'll stick with my $40 Ninja.  I even thought of getting a second one for my office ($39.99 less 20%  = $31.99!!).  That's a really good price.
Kathy
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I went into Bed,Bath & Beyond coupon and just copied the 20% off coupon and went to the store.  It was easy enough to do and I love the Ninja for making the smoothies.  My other blender was getting pretty hot smelling trying to make a thick smoothie.
We did try to make snow ice last night and that didn't work very well because we put too much ice in.  I think it will work fine when we try it again with less ice. 
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hey Crick and Julie,      I have a ninja  and use it for everthing. It makes fast work of everything from smoothies to slaw.  Salsa is fast and great from it too.  I don't know how I ever made it b4.  Hope everyone is doing great. 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day